• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Debate! - Should Autobomb be affected by Cold Blooded?

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Cold blooded shouldn't have existed in the first place imo. The more unnecessary abilities there are, the more unnecessarily difficult and unlikely it becomes to roll the ability you want.

I'd say this is a nice idea but... this isn't going to make cold blooded any less of a ****ty ability unfortunately. I doubt anyone would start using it.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I vote no for the same reasons Elecmaw has already said. Autobomb is already one of the worst subs in the game since you can just stand still for a moment and make the bomb explode while you take little to no damage, and Cold-Blooded already is a very gimmicky ability and I doubt making it work against Autobombs will make the ability see more use.

Point Sensors are rare and almost useless in league, Echo is gone, and Haunt got nerfed for no reason. I want them both buffed, but this isn't the way to go.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I'm extending the deadline be 24 hrs. due to lack of participation.

the

Inkling Commander
Honestly if cold blooded WERE to be buffed wrt autobombs, i think the thing that works best would be a decrease in detection radius (maybe the autobomb’s landing indicator could have two rings—an inner ring in which “anyone here will definitely be detected” and an puter one where “someone might not be detected if they have cold blooded”—to avoid confusion on the autobomb user’s part). This buff would work well with cold blooded’s use of not letting the opponent know where you are or get the drop on you.

However I will say that I don’t think cold blooded needs a buff to get people to use it. It’s a pretty decent ability, but it’s also a pretty situational one.

If they gave it some passive stuff (like idk, making your squid ripples smaller from farther away depending on how much you have? But theres already ninja squid...) maybe it would be more useful all-around, but as it stands it’s only useful against a few uncommon things, most prominently point sensors and ink mines (also could someone explain how cold blooded works against haunt and stingray? If it does at all that is)

It’s weird to say, but for people to use cold blooded, nintendo actually has to buff the stuff it works against to make it worth using more often. That means either buffing the ink mine/point sensor, giving the PS/IM to more weaps that can use them effectively, or otherwise shifting the meta to be more PS/IM-friendly.

tldr: CB doesnt need a buff, the stuff it fights needs to be buffed so CB is worth using... but if u forced me to pick a buff against autobombs i’d say detection range

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Please, don't just say "oh yeah, totally!" but keep asking yourself further: Why? Why should Autobomb be affected by CB? Would this encourage anyone to pick CB now? What does this change in the meta? How will this affect Autobomb, the weapons that have Autobomb and does it need a nerf? How severe should it's effects be?
Having this mindset then we should wonder why they gave to beacons their new tracking ability. Why? Why should Beacons tracks enemies? Would this encourage anyone to put beacon around? What does this change in the meta? How will this affect Beacons. the weapons that have Beacon

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Having this mindset then we should wonder why they gave to beacons their new tracking ability. Why? Why should Beacons tracks enemies? Would this encourage anyone to put beacon around? What does this change in the meta? How will this affect Beacons. the weapons that have Beacon
What? That... literally has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

This topic has everyone bandwagoning on a nerf without ever giving a solid reason on why it should happen, beyond "CB reduces tracking so it should weaken tracking on Auto". Which is why i want people to stop and think about what they're saying.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Honestly if cold blooded WERE to be buffed wrt autobombs, i think the thing that works best would be a decrease in detection radius (maybe the autobomb’s landing indicator could have two rings—an inner ring in which “anyone here will definitely be detected” and an puter one where “someone might not be detected if they have cold blooded”—to avoid confusion on the autobomb user’s part). This buff would work well with cold blooded’s use of not letting the opponent know where you are or get the drop on you.

However I will say that I don’t think cold blooded needs a buff to get people to use it. It’s a pretty decent ability, but it’s also a pretty situational one.

If they gave it some passive stuff (like idk, making your squid ripples smaller from farther away depending on how much you have? But theres already ninja squid...) maybe it would be more useful all-around, but as it stands it’s only useful against a few uncommon things, most prominently point sensors and ink mines (also could someone explain how cold blooded works against haunt and stingray? If it does at all that is)

It’s weird to say, but for people to use cold blooded, nintendo actually has to buff the stuff it works against to make it worth using more often. That means either buffing the ink mine/point sensor, giving the PS/IM to more weaps that can use them effectively, or otherwise shifting the meta to be more PS/IM-friendly.

tldr: CB doesnt need a buff, the stuff it fights needs to be buffed so CB is worth using... but if u forced me to pick a buff against autobombs i’d say detection range
How about we do this, but we make invisible to the thrower; anyone agree?

the

Inkling Commander
How about we do this, but we make invisible to the thrower; anyone agree?
Well as I said I don’t agree there should be a buff at all, but if this was done i would want the thrower to be able to see the minimum effective range of the bomb. That way the autobomb isn’t totally useless for smoking people out, as the user can take an educated guess as to where people are and are not hiding

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Welp, nothing's happening then. Thinking of making this a forum game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom