• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Describe the Map You Would Make for Multiplayer.

How many more multiplayer maps do you want?

• Total voters

Drluigi

Inkling
NNID
Drluigi1337
I'd make some kind of subway station map kinda like Super Bell Subway from Mario Kart 8. (You know, with all the little shops and stuff) There would be a subway that would occasionally stop in the middle of the map that would divide both sides of the map. This wouldn't happen in tower control because the tower would spawn on the tracks. I could imagine both spawn points being near the stairs to the entrance/exit to the subway. They would go down a small flight of stairs into the station, which would be a bit more open than most maps.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
I want an icy area at night. My favourite atmosphere in a video game. Hands down. Maybe the map's layout could be similar to MK8 Sherbet Land where you can go on and under the ice.
Not sure how that would work considering horizontal area is how points are calculated and judged at a glance when looking at the map in Turf Wars, but I still love the idea.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Not sure how that would work considering horizontal area is how points are calculated and judged at a glance when looking at the map in Turf Wars, but I still love the idea.
The actual ice could be un-inkable. Other issues would be super jumping and ink strike would clip and night time is relegated to splatfests.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
The only thing you can ink is a really tall wall. That wall counts towards the total, but the platforms you have to traverse to ink parts of it aren't. Also you die if you hit the ground from too high up unless you fall into your own ink in in squid mode. The layout changes for Splat zones, and the tower is like half a tower.

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
Here's a bit of a stretch on design but: A grassy park type of map that's mostly open with trees, what could break it up and have something to ink on top of is a couple log cabins or tents, but the point is being a open-air style with gentle slopes (so it would have a feel like BlackBelly Skatepark). But the special deal is the middle is a lake, and over the lake is where the spawn points are. My interesting twist is the spawns would be almost back to back from each other, you start off on a short uninkable bridge that goes out of the lake into the park. Not sure how well it would work in real game but yeah.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Here's a bit of a stretch on design but: A grassy park type of map that's mostly open with trees, what could break it up and have something to ink on top of is a couple log cabins or tents, but the point is being a open-air style with gentle slopes (so it would have a feel like BlackBelly Skatepark). But the special deal is the middle is a lake, and over the lake is where the spawn points are. My interesting twist is the spawns would be almost back to back from each other, you start off on a short uninkable bridge that goes out of the lake into the park. Not sure how well it would work in real game but yeah.
I have somthing like a park in mind for a concept I'm working on. There's the park in center sorrounded by a roundabout with cars and trucks and such going in a circle. The catch is that you can ride the tops of the cars in the roundabout and ink them to get behind your enemy, but. If you fall you get splatted. This concept changes during rush hour where all the cars stop (halfway through the game) and it becomes a safer route to ink on top of.

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
The only thing you can ink is a really tall wall. That wall counts towards the total, but the platforms you have to traverse to ink parts of it aren't. Also you die if you hit the ground from too high up unless you fall into your own ink in in squid mode. The layout changes for Splat zones, and the tower is like half a tower.
Heet Mob's The Wall should be the only song that plays on that map.

JetSquidRadio

Inkling
Splatoon is pretty Japanese in design and all so why not a map that's based around a shrine/temple? A forested area so plenty of open air areas and in the center is the shrine you can go in and out of. Pretty basic but would be fun.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Merlion Meadow - A park with a Merlion Statue dominating the "top" of the map on high ground. The low ground has a staircase-like open-air amphitheatre structure. At night (like Splatfest Events), the Merlion's eyes will fire off decorative light-show lasers.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Fugu Park would be the name of my map! It would be a Cross Shaped map with a Stone wall border, The middle area would be a Statue in the centre with water around it (Which would be replaced by the tower or the rainmaker depending on the gamemode) and steps which lead to it. to get over the water there would be 4 grates to cross making it a very dangerous place to be! There would be Cover all around the place and towers in all 4 ends of the map for Chargers to take position at, the map is sort of like a hill with the previously mentioned statue at the centre the steps would be a simple way to climb the steeper part of the hill as your movement slows as you climb! (Sorry if it sounds like yours Aceofscarabs)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Might as well take a shot at designing a map I'd like to see in Splatoon:

St. Levia's Courtyard

SLC TW.png

Overview

St. Levia's Courtyard is the courtyard of a private school. It is named after the mythological Leviathan, a sea creature of unimaginable power. Yet despite the lofty name it stands at a measly 1400p or so--less than even Blackbelly Skatepark. Thus, fights tend to be fast-paced and close-quarters.

However, the map is different from Blackbelly in that there is no central pillar; instead, the largest of three water fountains is there. It of course serves as a water hazard for those who jump around willy-nilly. Close by on each side is a small foam barrier, one of the other fountains, and a tower that can only be climbed on the side behind the un-inkable wall. However, the towers are not so high that any Inklings who climb them are immune to enemy fire.

The tallest points of the map are the balconies on either side of the map, diagonally across from the big fountain. Foam barriers on the side facing the center prevent Chargers and Splatlings from locking down the area nearby, forcing them instead to target straight ahead or towards the side behind the fountain.

There are also several grates that function as rest points for climbing walls as in Flounder Heights. In particular, there is an L-shaped grate to the right of the spawn point which barely conceals a secret passage towards the elevated side areas. Those areas themselves have a single foam barrier, each closest to the edges of the map, but are otherwise relatively open and great for grabbing turf. Meanwhile, to the left of the spawn is a series of ramps that lead to the bottom floor and an offshoot grate that overlooks either small fountain. Finally, the center path from the spawn point is a deep drop to an enclosed area similar to that found in Arowana Mall.

Ranked Mode Changes (included in a Zip file with this post)

Splat Zones: The splat zones are located on the bottom floor, opposite the central fountain. They include the ramps to the side areas. To facilitate traveling around and gaining ink for specials, the other fountains have been removed. Additionally, ramps have been added near the grates behind the balconies.

Tower Control: The tower is located dead center over the fountain. Ramps have been erected on either side so that the players can climb aboard. Once an Inkling has taken control of the tower, it will travel in a winding path up to the goal on the left of the enemy's spawn point.

So that enemies have a chance to take back the tower, some alterations have been made to the map. The mini-towers at either end have been moved to make room for the tower's path, and the small foam barriers have been removed. On the balconies, the foam barriers have also been removed so that Chargers can attempt to keep the tower safe. There is also a new platform next to the winding ramps leading to the bottom floor and a new grate bridging the two paths near the spawn points.

Rainmaker: This mode has the most alterations over the basic Turf Wars layout. First, like the tower the Rainmaker is located dead center over the big fountain. However, in addition to the ramps there is also a platform and some grates over the fountain to make room for players to fight to break the shield. The goals are located to the right of the enemy spawn points, just before the grates over the secret passages.

The base below the spawn is now surrounded by non-inkable walls, and the left path is blocked off by foam barriers to make RM carriers use the grate bridge which is also present in Tower Control. Additional small barriers are present on the bottom floor and near the goals. The ones on the balcony have been moved so that Chargers can no longer shoot directly in front. Ramps have been added on the bottom floor and on the side areas to help players reach the top near the goals. Most significantly, barriers have been placed to block off the side-most areas to prevent carriers from camping there.

Squid Sisters Conversations

C: All right, Marie! Teach me a hot strategy tip for this map!
M: Yeah! Um...stay in--no, wait, I already used that one. Never mind.

C: (Surprise) Wow, this school is so prestigious!
M: (Sad) If only Gramps could afford to send us there...

C: So, if I take the hyperbolic coefficient of the Mahrmann hypothenuse and add it to the Granzfeld factor--
M: Callie, stop making up words to sound smart.

C: (Happy) Look! They even have fountains in the courtyard!
M: Just try not to fall in. They're surprisingly deep.

C: (Sad) Home Ec was not my strong suit in school...
M: No kidding. I heard you burned the kitchen by accident. Twice.

C: (Intent) Fighting turf wars is fun and all, but don't forget to do your homework!
M: (Happy) Otherwise, you'll end up like her!

C: So, what was your favorite subject in school?
M: Music, of course! But also Home Ec.

Attachments

CoolSquid

Inkling
NNID
Xx_SwiftStar_xX
Mine would Salmon Station where you would have both teams start by two symmetrical staircase that form a little square that you can ink up for you special, then you go keep walking or swimming, until you get to the part where rails are and that will be the main place of battle, and similar to Camptrigger fish, you would have two trains come onto the edges of the main place of battle to make things more interesting. This is really crappy, but I just wanted to get my thoughts out.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
All these ideas for parks and inkopolis and whatnot, but what about an underwater stage?

The stage is set in a cave underwater but it's an air pocket so that the inklings don't drown heh. There's essentially a moat around the entire stage creating the outside perimeter while there are various natural and inkling-made pillars holding the ceiling up. Of course, the pillars can only be climbed so high before you hit a barrier before the roof.

What I'm envisioning is an underwater lair for the octolings (kinda like Team Aqua hideout :P) for them to use as headquarters or whatever. There's tons of concrete, metal and other artificial terrain with some areas being natural oceanic floor rocks and sand. Cargo boxes akin to Walleye and Saltspray and terrain differences akin to Triggerfish. It will be a relatively open map with many different approach options much like Kelp Dome but still have areas with tight knit hiding areas between cargo boxes like Port Mackerel. Snipers will have fun too on catwalks that overlook areas like the cargo boxes and various open areas throughout the stage. Moving cranes are a must because moving around cargo in a space like this is essential to keeping it well maintained. And what underwater lair is complete without submersible docks with flat tops to ink?

Wouldn't it be cool to have a stage that has NO perimeter walls ANYWHERE but rather a drop off into the water? And it's underwater to boot! The detail they could put into the lighting fixtures and marine life outside the ring can be awesome. That's my brilliant idea of the day, what do you guys think?

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
I'd love an indoors map, with several rooms you can go in and out of. The building could have one main room with 2 stories, the top level being a grate, kind of similar to Kelp Dome or Hammerhead Bridge. I'd imagine the main room would have lots of hiding areas too. In the corridors between rooms to hallways could be narrowish, giving mines and rollers an advantage.I think it'd be neat if there were tiny grates you could go through like drains into hidden rooms or the main one. To make it more chaotic you could also have travel between rooms using ink rails. Basically the map would focus on the different ways of travelling and claiming choke points, and would force people to be careful which way they go as they could be easily camped.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
TF2 2Fort Splatoonized.

I mean, smack the general anatomy of 2fort into an Inkopolis block and make it entirely with Spl'oon assets... oh and the same thing with Turbine.

I like Rellek's idea, but tie it into Octarians and release it with them. Also, make the barrier the water walls. I can kind of see people swearing about that feature though.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
TF2 2Fort Splatoonized.

I mean, smack the general anatomy of 2fort into an Inkopolis block and make it entirely with Spl'oon assets... oh and the same thing with Turbine.

I like Rellek's idea, but tie it into Octarians and release it with them. Also, make the barrier the water walls. I can kind of see people swearing about that feature though.
The water walls? Do you mean like a huge bubble? Because I was talking about a cave with a little island in the middle surrounded by water and then that is surrounded by a cave ceiling.

Unless I'm misunderstanding haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom