• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Detailed Information on Skills (Splatoon Book Guide Scans)

kinetik07

Senior Squid
@kinetik07
Thanks, sounds like the guide knows what it's talking about after all.
Oh, speaking of the run speed test you did. The reason the 3 main run speed up abilities didn't add up to 50% is because you're missing the other 9 sub abilities. It should add up to 50% increase if you have all 12 slots as run speed up

Bisquid

Inkling
Oh, speaking of the run speed test you did. The reason the 3 main run speed up abilities didn't add up to 50% is because you're missing the other 9 sub abilities. It should add up to 50% increase if you have all 12 slots as run speed up
Oh I wasn't actually accusing the guide on being wrong with that (after reading my post again, I probably worded that poorly). I just heard a lot of people saying that the first run speed up adds 25% to your movement speed which is not true. It's like you say, to reach the cap of 50% you need run speed on everything, not just main abilities. Didn't really know where to post my test results so I just dumped them all in one post.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
Damage Up: Increases damage of your main, sub and special weapons.

Damage Up increases the damage of main, sub, and special weapons up to 130%. However, weapons cannot pass their innate "number of hits to splat" threshold. For example, Aerospray MG has a base damage of 24.5, meaning that it takes five shots to splat at base; it cannot drop below this number, so Damage Up will cap its damage at 24.9, so it still takes five shots to splat. Damage Up is most useful when using weapons with a high rate of fire or those on the lower threshold of their number of hits to splat." This is ideal for countering opponents equipped with Defense Up.
Are we sure this is correct? I was just in a battle where someone with a .52 Gal Deco and two offence up badges killed me with only one shot. Is that normal for .52 Gals?

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
You sure you weren't already damaged by something?
I don't think I was. I was coming back to the battlefield after respawning, but they were at our base and quickly shot me when I got close. It might've been two shots, I just know it was almost instant.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I don't think I was. I was coming back to the battlefield after respawning, but they were at our base and quickly shot me when I got close. It might've been two shots, I just know it was almost instant.
Go into training with a .52 Gal and two Damage badges. You will never be able to kill the dummies in one hit.

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Comeback sounds actually really useful now. Let's face it in a decent competitive game you'll be killed more than once, and the ability to get back straight away and go on major fire seems much better than OG and LDE. You can also get these on the headband that has a high chance of ink saver main, meaning it may be ideal headgear. Still think I prefer fake contacts but comeback has caught my eye since it boosts everything.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
All I see when I click the spoilers is "
The post is over a year old and the image host must have deleted them. - The information would be very outdated anyway, given how many updates came out after that was published; you're better off checking here as ita kept up to date.

Also you should avoid reanimatimg the dead and stick with newer posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom