• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Different Playable character types

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
So a while back I decided to come up with some of my own character types you could play as instead of just your basic Inkling, with some offering mild boosts in certain stats.

*Teenage Male/Female Inkling: The current type of playable Inkling, offers no bonus
*Teenage Male/Female Octoling: The rival species, the ones that can be played as are peaceful Octolings that do not fight alongside the Octarians and live in the surface world with the Inklings and other sea life. Offers no bonuses.
*Young Adult Male/Female Inkling: The playable Inklings but in their early 20's, has slight power/defense increase but moves and charges up Specials a bit slower.
*Skinny Male/Female Inkling: Adult Inklings with the same skinny build as Spyke, has better movement speed, rate of fire, and charges Specials faster, at the trade of less attack power.
*Child Male/Female Inkling: Child Inklings in their final stages of development, with faces of their own ink color and a single tooth on the top of their mouth. This is the part of their life where they fully learn how to shape shift and use weapons. They have the weakest attack of all the other Inklings but come with even greater stat boosts to the Skinny Inkling's boosts, including amazing agility.
*XL Male/Female Inkling: Fat Inklings, they offer greater boosts to attack power than Adult Inklings and it requires slightly less to use a Sub Weapon, but have lower rate of fire, movement speed, and special charge. I'll have to work on this one so it's not under or overpowered.
*T-Rex: A "fun" type of character I just made for lulz. They fire their respective weapons out of their mouths and can morph into prehistoric squids. They have about the same stats as the XL Inkling.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
:0 It'd be really cool to have Octolings living in other cities and y'know.. not underground. I'm assuming the Young Adult inkling would be sort of like Callie or Marie if they were playable?

>u> Any ideas for inklings under 14?

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Yeah. Young Adults would be about the same kind of character as the Squid Sisters.

Hm... I got an idea for underdeveloped Inklings. Let me post it in the OP.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
i like the tumblr idea that other variants could be different species of squid. several tall, chubby squid girls have been named the "giant squid" type.
[theres a cool post somewhere about different Octarian species]

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Yeah, each of the respective character types have different looks when in squid form, such as Young Adults having longer tentacles and XL being a lot chubbier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom