Discussing the viability of getting all badges in Splatoon 3.

Cool

Inkling
Screenshot_2024-01-30-17-06-01.png

Hello! As you can see from the screenshot I am not a sane person. Today I wanted to talk about the viability of getting all badges in Splatoon 3 since I am in the process of attempting this fool's task. I plan to make a video about this at a later date so I just wanted to gauge interest and spitball some thoughts I have had.

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
I have a hunch there's some sort of badge that's limited time or something (once limited time events stop there 100% will), but I hope not. Good luck with the challenge!

Cool

Inkling
S3_Badge_Tableturf_Rank_999.png
S3_Badge_Grizzco_10M.png
S3_Badge_Level_999.png
S3_Badge_Shell-Out_Machine_Jackpot_16.png
S3_Badge_X_Battle_Top_10.png

Starting off these are what I like to call the accursed 5 (6 technically). These are the badges that keep me up at night due to either their difficultly or time commitment. I do not have them ordered but I will discuss a change made in one of them which has made it significantly harder for 100%, the X Rank Badges, since the last update the devs have opt'd to separate the X rank region into different badge categories meaning that in order to get 100% badge completion you have to get top 10 twice. The difficulty of this is apparent for very different reasons in their given regions. Takoroka for it's higher skill ceiling, Tentatek for it's higher amount of players wintrading and cheating into top 10.

Cool

Inkling
As of right now we do not know what badges Side Order will contain, but given the prediction that it might be a rouge-lite, the difficulty can range from simple to "impossible". I put impossible in quotes primarily because we only have a small number of badges that are impossible to obtain due to a lack of having enough gear/jackpots, by far the hardest being the gold shell-out machine. I am optimistic that the devs will make that one easier but for now I am just saving money and tickets for the long haul.

Cool

Inkling
Player and Tableturf Level are what I would consider to be the most time consuming, for different reasons, Player Level becomes exponentially more difficult to grind due to the level exp requirements, while Tableturf always has the same exp gain, it is just very slow (and repetitive).

Cool

Inkling
Finally the SR point badge is what I consider to be the most balanced of these insanely difficult badges, while the amount of time commitment is high like the others, it rewards you with progress in other badges throughout the entire process, this has also been made easier with the checkpoint system introduced in the latest update allowing for easier overfishing and boss farming in a shorter amount of time, based on my overall analysis of SR players this one takes about 1 year to get depending on your skill level and amount of time grinding.

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
The top 10 badge is probably cheese-able with a new account. It seems since last season Nintendo tweaked some parameters so new accounts fly out of low level X very fast, with consistent +60s or more being awarded. Might even be possible by volatility farming, an exploit inherent in Glicko-2’s core design. You’d have to drop to 500XP and then just start playing to win, it should slingshot you very far if the hypothesis is correct.

Cool

Inkling
As for some honorable mentions I would like to talk about the 5* Weapon Badges and the Streak Badges for Series and X Rank, these badges are actually straightforward in comparison to what I have discussed, their difficultly just dependent on what you are most comfortable with. (I have seen some crazy peeps complete 5* Weapons in like 2 days.) Since you will always have more trouble with certain weapons if you do not enjoy the playstyle or struggle to keep streaks going. Speaking of streaks did you know that their requirements are another classic mistranslation in the patch notes? Both the X Rank and Series Streaks do not require win streaks (back to back series wins) AT ALL, they just keep track of the amount completed throughout the season before it resets.

samaya

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2437-6092-3911
the top 10 badges for x rank might be hard. its easier in ttek but not much so in takaroka

Cephalobro

Yeah, I'm also trying to go for every badge in the game and the one that I always keep failing at is the 5% at Challenges, which surprise surprise, is the final limited event badge that I need to complete my collection of those kinds of badges.

Last edited:

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
The top 10 badge is probably cheese-able with a new account. It seems since last season Nintendo tweaked some parameters so new accounts fly out of low level X very fast, with consistent +60s or more being awarded. Might even be possible by volatility farming, an exploit inherent in Glicko-2’s core design. You’d have to drop to 500XP and then just start playing to win, it should slingshot you very far if the hypothesis is correct.
Only the greatest minds on the new squidboards I see

Cool

Inkling
This jp player has probably the most badges I've seen. He's level 800
They seems to be a turf war, grinder which does check out considering the consistent exp weapon gain, but it seems like they don't play ranked modes at all and don't post about SR either, so they might struggle quite a bit with those modes in comparison. It might be doable with this method but with the amount they have and a general lack of posts about their full badge page I would be lying if it didn't make me a little suspicious.

MasonX247

Inkling
How many badges do you have now? It's been about 2 months since the thread was started and I'm curious how much closer you are to having all of the badges.

Last edited:

crows

Inkster Jr.
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6103-0887-9214
if you're willing to set up some complicated and user-unfriendly software, it's pretty simple to automate tableturf grinding. it gets pretty mindless if you're just doing it against ai forever, and you can't work on any other badges while you're tableturfing, so it's definitely the best badge to automate if you're able.

crows

Inkster Jr.
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6103-0887-9214
also, on the subject of level 999: i made a spreadsheet a while back that shows off the numbers for different levels in a more visual way, and also lets you nail down what percentage of the way there you are based on your level. that person at level 800? they're only 63% of the way there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom