• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

do people still think ranked mode doesn't need voice chat?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Considering that the game has many, many different players with completely different languages from each other, a voice chat with randoms may become problematic.

Squad battles are a different story, but I don't even know if the Wii U Gamepad's mic is up to snuff. Better to go for third-party software like we always have, really.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
my problem always comes from getting people on stuff like skype all at once....I'm always getting involved with people who are too busy to really set a date for anything

Shuffl3z

Inkling
NNID
Dshuffl3z
Strong arm has a point. It would be nice if there was voice chat. I stopped spamming "booyah" and "c'mon" once I realized no one was getting what I was saying.
But Nintendo hasn't really been strong with Online gaming in general. So I don't expect them to add it >_<

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
Strong arm has a point. It would be nice if there was voice chat. I stopped spamming "booyah" and "c'mon" once I realized no one was getting what I was saying.
But Nintendo hasn't really been strong with Online gaming in general. So I don't expect them to add it >_<
yeah i was really hoping for some kind of voice chat because ranked mode is annoying with terrible players....and unless something has changed i don't think there's a way to guarantee you end up in a ranked match with friends

Normal Games...sure but not ranked games and even then it's hard to get everyone on the same page using the same program and getting on at the same time

people are just too busy

Shuffl3z

Inkling
NNID
Dshuffl3z
So much truth.
Who knows, maybe we'll all be surprised and they'll implement it?... Maybe? *crosses fingers*

Shuffl3z

Inkling
NNID
Dshuffl3z
*shrugs* Never stopped Valve from doing what they've been doing with Counter strike lol
Then again, I guess you can choose to enter certain rooms in those games, as opposed to being thrown into a random room waiting to be filled like in Splatoon.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Sometimes I rage so hard I'm glad there isn't voice chat...

I do think there should be something for squad battles and private lobbies though. Or at least private lobbies. Maybe even a way to talk to your friends list.

But please no voice chat for random solo queue...

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
I stopped spamming "booyah" and "c'mon" once I realized no one was getting what I was saying.
Those phrases are localized in each of their games. They do understand what you're saying. (unless you're using "c'mon" for anything other than "to me")

To answer the original question: yes.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Voice chat in ranked.
One can only imagine the chaos.

"git gud nub!"
"tea bag!"
"spammer!"
"noob"
"you suck!"
-insert foul language here-

Pretty much the salty casual things people say in Super Smash For WIIU (For Glory) except on microphone.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yes, absolutely. There are no modes in Splatoon that require voice chat.
So much truth.
Who knows, maybe we'll all be surprised and they'll implement it?... Maybe? *crosses fingers*
I am crossing fingers here for voice chat to not be implemented in Splatoon (or in its sequels). It is a feature that does a game more harm than good.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
if my teams made up of complete morons am i expected to pull their butts out of the fire by myself? seems a little unfair to be honest

why don't people just stop talking in general if the ability to speak hurts more than it helps4

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
if my teams made up of complete morons am i expected to pull their butts out of the fire by myself? seems a little unfair to be honest

why don't people just stop talking in general if the ability to speak hurts more than it helps4
As said before, you're more likely to hear childish jargon or a language you don't even understand.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
If they added voice chat with the option to turn it off, everyone would be happy. If I don't like hearing someon spam "C'mon" then i'll turn down the Gamepad. Why doesn't anyone understand that people asking for voice chat are asking for STANDARD VOICE CHAT, with the ability to mute certain players or turn it off altogether? That way, people who want voice chat will be happy, and people who don't will also be happy. Win win!

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
There is a feature called "mute" nintendo. What they should do is have regional and worldwide matchmaking like in MK8 and use the mic when your playing in your region

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I'd like to see voice chat built into the game. I'd understand if they don't want to have it in public games (mute tho), but at least let us have it in Squad Battles.

Also, if they aren't going to add voice chat into public games, I just want to see more ping options. "C'mon!" and "Booyah!" just don't cut it when I want to tell my team to do something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom