• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Do you think Splatoon will become a system seller?

A Squidding Success?

• Of course! Without a doubt.

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Ehh, it will be alright.

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Not really...

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
No.

There's no chance this will if Smash didn't.
Alternatively: Majority of people who would buy this already got a Wii U for Smash.

GreyRam

Inkling
NNID
Aouzy-Hitsuji
I expect it to at least push it closer to the Xbone.

Forte

Inkster Jr.
The first introduction to a new game is usually what impacts if the game will be a success. Nintendo has done well with drawing a crowd which is a great first approach. It will become a system seller. But I have heard how the game is lacking in content which may possibly be their downfall. Not everyone is willing to wait for patches and changes sadly, which may result in most of the community giving bad feedback and telling newcomers not to pick up the game. Knowing Nintendo, they won't let us down. With enough fans to give new ideas, it'll help the system stay afloat with its new content. I consider myself dedicated to see what Nintendo has in store for us with Splatoon. Some games start off a little slow, but I'm sure it'll pick up if Nintendo does their part with the correct updates. I'm very excited.

VZ_Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jefferson1234
It could only bring short-term increases, nothing on the level of Mario Kart or SSB.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well it comes in a bundle with the console so I am sure it will sell some, but the thing is its the library that makes it worth buying, not a single game. Splatoon might be the tipping point for people after missing out on MK8, 3D World, Smash, etc.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think the main reasons I don't expect it to be a system seller are because it is a new ip and a lack of voice chat. It being a new ip makes people skeptical, and no matter your thoughts on voice chat, it is a feature people highly regard. People are willing to avoid games for not having it.

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
If Smash and Mario Kart weren't the massive system sellers people expected them to be, neither will Splatoon. Will there be people that buy the console just to experience the game? Definitely, but I doubt it'll pull an adoption rate as high as Smash did when it was released. I can definitely see Splatoon being a mainstay IP for Nintendo, with one in every console like other heavy hitters. It's hard to admit, but I don't think any single game can "turn" the Wii U around at this point. I frankly could care less though, so long as the game is fun and the community stays active - which it is - Splatoon should have a nice lifespan and bring tons of new people on board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom