Do you think there should be a Splatoon 1 Remaster?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Realistically. Not really. While there are certain aspects of Splatoon 1 that didn't make it over into Splatoon 2, namely certain abilities and Special Weapons. The only real other reason would be the single player campaign. I guess the few maps that didn't return.

But other than those 4-ish points, there is little to no reason. As Splatoon 2 honestly is a direct upgrade from Splatoon 1 in practically every way. This is from a more generalized view.

While people can certainly get into stuff like tick rate and the nuances of competitive play, those don't matter enough to justify a remaster. Cause Splatoon 2 essentially is Splatoon 1, but more.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
As much as I'd love to relive the first game, I think it might split the competitive player base, meaning fewer tournaments for the more viable game (2). We could get a Smash Melee type situation, which would be fine of the community was larger, but with our small group, any loss could spell the end for comp as we know it.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
While I agree with Gameboy, I honestly REALLY wanted Splatoon 2 to be a remaster or just a port not changing too much.

Cephalobro

I don't think there needs to be a Splatoon 1 remaster, the point of the setting in Splatoon is that it is always changing, this is why Splatoon 2 gives off a different vibe than Splatoon 1. Changes like Octolings now being allowed to participate in ink battles in Inkopolis itself, all of the old specials being replaced by new ones and even music trends coming and going. It's what makes Splatoon mirror the modern human urban environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom