• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Does anybody even USE motion controls?

Do u use them?

• Total voters

Spoopz

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0778-7448-8093
I just feel that they're really awkward to use
but thats just me

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
For the record, there are countless threads about this topic but whatever. Any good Splatoon player knows for a fact that Stick Controls will not get you anywhere in the competitive scene and that you're better off just getting used to Motion like everyone else.

X-tian

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7901-4750-2516
Hey Snoopz....I started out on sticks and gradually moved to motion. There was a time when I would have never dreamed of using motion, but now I love it and would never go back to sticks. After getting used to it I feel like the motion controls are one of the things that makes this game truly unique compared to other shooters. Give it a try for awhile and see if it grows on you at all. Peace!!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
that sounded kinda rude. im sorry for being an idiot i guess
NO NO I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT :0. I'm just saying it's a little spammy.

Spoopz

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0778-7448-8093
Hey Snoopz....I started out on sticks and gradually moved to motion. There was a time when I would have never dreamed of using motion, but now I love it and would never go back to sticks. After getting used to it I feel like the motion controls are one of the things that makes this game truly unique compared to other shooters. Give it a try for awhile and see if it grows on you at all. Peace!!
i was actually just trying it out and its p good.
i just need to NOT swivel in my swivel chair. The only other chair i have in the room w/ my switch plugged in is a saucer chair that i've had since i was 10.
either that or get a new chair

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yes, since the first time I played the original Splatoon during the "beta" (I forgot the term Nintendo uses for it). It is a bit awkward, but it gives you more control over the squid.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
Personally I use motion for up and down and mostly sticks for left and right. If you're still struggling I recommend starting out at a low camera speed. If I didn't use -5 in Splatoon 1 I wouldn't be able to use +1 or +3 now.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Motion does feel awkward at first, but it'll take you a few hours before you can get used to them, and they do put in good work if you have good aim.

Personally though, I've been using stick since day 1.

mutantmagnet

Inkster Jr.
As a pc gamer who has abandoned console shooters after Golden Eye and Perfect Dark I only got back into it once Nintendo introduced motion aiming.

Analog sticks for movement is great but for aiming it is garbage.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Pretty much every "mlg pro" player uses motion. Even with the highest sensitivity set on stick, it doesn't compare to aiming with motion, but I've been using stick since day 1.

It just takes getting used to I suppose.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Motion control was very awkward when I started using it but that's what got me from A+ to S in Splat1. I found that jumping into turf war was the quickest/easiest way to learn. The pressure of fighting allowed me to ignore how weird the motion felt.

Cephalobro

At first, I used the game with motion controls since that's the default setting, I couldn't win any battles. Probably because I picked up Splatoon 1 well into its lifetime, but then I got used to it to the point where my start with Splatoon 2 was quick and easy. But it's up to you to choose the way you want to play, both are equally good.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I followed Splatoon quite a lot before its release and heard positive things about the motion controls from those who played it at events. I didn't get the game till about 6 months in, but when I did I decided to go with motion controls off the bat. It just clicked, my first few games I easily dominated, to me using motion controls is equal to using a mouse on PC.

Never looked back. Have been a motion control user since day 1. I am truly a firm believer that any console shooter worth their salt should include gryo controls as an option.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I never even tried stick so motion is what I'm used to.....feels more natural for me.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
I personally can't deal with motion control. I don't get motion sickness, but it makes me a bit queasy when I see/use it, so sticks I'll be. Been using it since day one. Sure, I may be at a disadvantage to those who rock motion, but I get by pretty okay with it. Using max sensitivity helps, but I know it'll never be good as motion. I'm okay with that, though.

SuperFX2

Inkling
I'm new to the game, but find motion controls with a pro controller is just alot of effort especially when i'm sunken into the couch with my feet on the coffee table. So I set my sensitivity to maximum and find its fine.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Using split Joycons, the motion controls lead to a level of precision pretty close to using keyboard+mouse. It takes some getting used to, just as getting used to a mouse would take time for those who grew up playing FPSs in the mid-90s. But once you get used to it, you simply have the superior way of playing. It's easily worth overcoming the learning curve.

I will say that using the motion in the Pro controller isn't as smooth for me as using split Joycons or the Wii U Gamepad. But that'll probably just take some getting used to as well.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Using split Joycons, the motion controls lead to a level of precision pretty close to using keyboard+mouse. It takes some getting used to, just as getting used to a mouse would take time for those who grew up playing FPSs in the mid-90s. But once you get used to it, you simply have the superior way of playing. It's easily worth overcoming the learning curve.

I will say that using the motion in the Pro controller isn't as smooth for me as using split Joycons or the Wii U Gamepad. But that'll probably just take some getting used to as well.
Split joycons. :scared: Very rare.....but that would make sense though if you're primarily a PC gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom