Don't Worry, Everyone will stop Playing Crb in 2 weeks When They Realize They Need to Aim

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
Everyone remembering they hate Blasters when they try Custom Range Blaster. I'm personally hyped for Heavy edit and Crb. I played crb in S1 and it was so fun. I'm also trying to main heavy edit so I'm so excited for these kits.

Attachments

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
So are most weapons. But yeah range blaster is more difficult than the average weapon

TheBearProphet

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
BearProfit
Switch Friend Code
SW-3580-6675-6119
In a similar vein I think the long charge time on the new Heavy Edit will be a reality check for some people. The mobility it has is great but I think some people will be surprised at how long it takes.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
As a RB player I’m cautiously optimistic, I think wave has a lot of synergy with RB, it just needs buffs, so if we get an actually good wave buff I might just stick with the base kit lol

isaac4

Inkling Commander
As a RB player I’m cautiously optimistic, I think wave has a lot of synergy with RB, it just needs buffs, so if we get an actually good wave buff I might just stick with the base kit lol
I doubt they're going to buff Wave again with how most of the weaker specials have stayed at the bottom for over a year (Reefslider) but if you could buff it then what would you want? I would want it to have more hp so it doesn't get instantly deleted by a Stamper.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I doubt they're going to buff Wave again with how most of the weaker specials have stayed at the bottom for over a year (Reefslider) but if you could buff it then what would you want? I would want it to have more hp so it doesn't get instantly deleted by a Stamper.
As a Dread liker, I’d appreciate a damage buff to 55.
More HP would also be nice, through I’d be fine with just reducing splatanas’ damage multipliers.

isaac4

Inkling Commander
As a Dread liker, I’d appreciate a damage buff to 55.
More HP would also be nice, through I’d be fine with just reducing splatanas’ damage multipliers.
It would definitely be good for Dread D but I don't really like the idea of buffing the damage just because it doesn't work on Dread. Every other Wave weapon doesn't really need it so I rather buff it in other areas like adding an extra wave or making them come out faster.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
It would definitely be good for Dread D but I don't really like the idea of buffing the damage just because it doesn't work on Dread. Every other Wave weapon doesn't really need it so I rather buff it in other areas like adding an extra wave or making them come out faster.
A speed buff would probably help wave a lot, letting it get out more waves before being broken. I think increasing the number of waves will never happen, though. The three motif is around to stay.

As much as a damage buff wouldn't be huge for anything other than Dread, I still think it'd be a nice boost for the special. It being able to combo with strong specials like Zooka and Inkjet would do a lot for its viability. Also Dread has suffered enough, it really deserves it.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
from the opposite perspective though: since dread is the only weapon that significantly benefits from it, there's no reason not to do it then, since you don't have to worry about making anything too good (which, is obviously not anyone's actual concern with wavebreaker, but that sure seems to be how nintendo thinks about it)

i'd honestly go all the way up to 60 for the wavebreaker damage so that either hit of the dread hitbox works for the combo. makes it easier for teammates to play off of too, i think it would strictly be a good thing for the special. and i like 60 as a number more than 55

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
oh wait that's not even what the thread is about lol
to be on topic for a moment, yeah range is not an easy weapon despite what people on twitter are probably saying idk i don't pay attention to that. here's to hoping the new kit inspires a lot of people to learn it though because it is a very cool weapon with a very cool special that i'm always happy to see more of

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
There are a couple of ways to buff wave, obviously damage would be a major upside as well as survivability via health, resistances, or being undestroyable like cooler. Personally, I think they should increase the height of the hitbox a little so it's harder to hide within its radius without taking damage or being located, and I've noticed weird interactions with wave on certain slopes and drop-offs that I would like to see fixed.

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
oh wait that's not even what the thread is about lol
to be on topic for a moment, yeah range is not an easy weapon despite what people on twitter are probably saying idk i don't pay attention to that. here's to hoping the new kit inspires a lot of people to learn it though because it is a very cool weapon with a very cool special that i'm always happy to see more of
Yeah I was planning on maining crb if it got splat bomb Kraken. Looks like I'm gonna main it. Wave breaker is not that fun of a special so it didn't interest me. Maybe more people will be like me and want to play it for the fun kit.

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
I think waves coming out faster would be a good buff. Could catch people off guard.

isaac4

Inkling Commander
from the opposite perspective though: since dread is the only weapon that significantly benefits from it, there's no reason not to do it then, since you don't have to worry about making anything too good (which, is obviously not anyone's actual concern with wavebreaker, but that sure seems to be how nintendo thinks about it)

i'd honestly go all the way up to 60 for the wavebreaker damage so that either hit of the dread hitbox works for the combo. makes it easier for teammates to play off of too, i think it would strictly be a good thing for the special. and i like 60 as a number more than 55
Yeah, that's true. There's no real reason why the damage shouldn't be increased but I'm mainly talking about what should be a priority in making the special better since I don't think the devs would give it more than one or two buffs this late into the games update cycle.
Wish they gave Dread D a bomb so the fact that it can't combo with one wave wouldn't be as big of a problem.

isaac4

Inkling Commander
Also, I wonder if CRB is going to lead to the main weapon getting a ton of nerfs.
I hope not but the devs really seem to have a problem with midline weapons being really strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom