• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Dream Weapons

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I've thought of a few since the last time I posted.

1) A Splattershot Pro, with Burst Bomb and Echolocator. I think this would be a more offensive SPro than either of he current ones, since a Burst Bomb plus one or two shots (I think one, but maybe two with Defense Ups) equals a splatted enemy, allowing for longish-range splats, maybe with a Bomb Range Up or two to increase the range, and Echolocator is nice for seeing hidden enemies to splat them. I dunno if it'd work, but I'd like to see it.

2) A Carbon Roller with Disruptor and Kraken. I think this would work pretty well, letting you slow enemies with the Disruptor before ambushing them, or just slowing farther-away enemies, and using Kraken to make escapes.

3) A Dynamo Roller with Burst Bomb and Bubbler. I think the Dynamo Roller would benefit greatly from both of these, Burst Bombs for a faster method of attack and Bubbler for invincibility during its swing start-up.

4) An Inkbrush with Point Sensor and Bubbler. If it's meant to be a support weapon, this is probably the best support loadout; Point Sensors locate enemies for your team to destroy, and Bubbler can be used to escape and/or passed to teammates. At least, I think so.

WesFX

Inkling
NNID
wesfx7
So, I don't keep up with all the data mining to know anything beyond what's already out: the two Inkbrushes are already out, so it's disappointing the first one probably won't happen:

Inkbrush
Burst Bombs
Bomb Rush (honestly I'd love other specials, but I think this is closer to a realistic idea)

Slosher
Disruptor
Killer Wail (again, I'd prefer other specials, but we see this sub/special pair on other weapons and seems realistic)

Luna Blaster
Seeker (I had a hard time coming up with this sub/special, I just knew I'd love the Luna Blaster with anything other than the Ink Mines)
Echolocator

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
A dream weapon? Like, something that'll never happen?

1) An Inkbrush with Squid Beakons (a great team-support sub) and Echolocator (to reveal enemy positions). It's a pure-support Inkbrush, using its unparalleled speed to get around, placing Squid Beakons to let teamates follow you easily, and using Echolocator to show enemy positions, useful for your teammates who hopefully have better weapons for firefights to get the drop on enemies and for yourself to set up ambushes, but it lacks any combat option outside its tiny range.
YES
I like the Octobrush, but I would definitely change the sub and special if I could.
Main: Octrobrush
Sub: Suction Bomb
Special: Bomb Rush
YES
Actually I'm interested in making a plausible bad weapon and see if anyone can justify using it :p

Rapid Blaster
Point Sensor
Echolocator
Bruh, Point Sensor Rush would be worse.

As for my idea, a Dual Squelcher with :disruptor: and :kraken: would fun but OP. Use your :disruptor:, then back up and attack with your range! Or better yet, throw a few before using :kraken: and splat those poor suckers. If it had to be balanced, :inkstrike: would be fine.

Also would like a Heavy Splatling with :squidbeacon: and :bubbler:, simply because there needs to be more :squidbeacon: weapons.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Also would like a Heavy Splatling with :squidbeacon: and :bubbler:, simply because there needs to be more :squidbeacon: weapons.
Ooh, that sounds really nice. Not so much for Beakons (though those are nice), more for a Splatling with Bubbler (seriously, that would be fantastic).

As for another dream weapon...

Perhaps a Sploosh-O-Matic with Seekers and Bomb Rush. I really think this would help with the Sploosh's tiny range, and make it more mobile (since you can swim behind Seekers to get around). As for Seeker Rush, that's just there because I feel like it'd be nice.

Oh! And also, a Squiffer with Splat Bombs and Inkstrike. I think this would help with the Squiffer's lack of offensive capabilities outside of charge shots, since Splat Bombs are good for that, and Inkstrike is good for dealing with entrenched Chargers (say, an annoying E-Liter). Not sure it'd be any good, but maybe.

And also, a Heavy Splatling with Ink Mines and Bubbler. I think this would work as a defensive Splatling loadout, with Ink Mines to protect yourself (or block off an area) and Bubbler to become BOOLITPROOF! and also to spread to teammates, since you can do that with Bubbler, but mostly to be BOOLITPROOF! and splat enemies who thought they could ambush you.

NamelessCrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TylerBlind
I would definitely want:
Splash-o-Matic
Splat bomb:splatbomb:
Kraken:kraken:

I've wanted a sub machine gun with the kraken for so long, and I'm excited for the neo sploosh-o-matic because of it, but I would definitely prefer something with more range like a splash variant.

tene_sicarius

Full Squid
NNID
TeneBrisSicarius
Aerospray
Sprinkler :sprinkler:
Bubbler:bubbler:

I'd drop my Inkbrush for this. Giving one of the best weapons in the game a sub that rewards skill, and the bubbler for when things go bad, I could now carry my entire team.

Speaking of dropping the Inkbrush, I think it needs a better variation than the Nouveau
Inkbrush
Splash Wall :splashwall:
Echolocator :echolocator:

Echolocator is the only other special that assists your entire team from anywhere on the map, and it can be activated at any point to get an automatic ink refill, unlike the Inkstrike, which is suicide in open combat. Splash wall deals with being outranged and being in open combat by giving you time to escape. Even though most weapons that use this are long ranged, it can still works defensively. Plus its an amazing team support weapon, on the most supportive weapon in the entire game. I'd be using the Inkbrush a lot more in ranked if I could use this.

Last edited:

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Dream you say? I have a similar thread for the more plausible combos, but I'd love to see a weapon with a special and sub that is every bomb in the game in a random order. Seeker, Suction Bomb, Splat Bomb, Burst Bomb, in a random order. I'd be stupid, but hilarious. Stick it on the Sloshing Machine Neo, because f*** the Neo.

For realism, get me one of the following:

Dual Squelcher w/ Splash Wall & Echo
Heavy Splatling w/ Disruptor & Kraken
Splatterscope w/ Suction Bomb & Killer Wail, or just keep the Kelp set
Octobrush w/ Seeker or Burst Bomb and Bubbler

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I wish the octobrush nouveau and the normal octobrush switched subs, so it would be like:
:wst_roller_brushnormal00::splatbomb::kraken:
:wst_roller_brushnormal00::squidbeacon::inkzooka:

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
A Carbon Roller Deco with Seekers and Killer Wail. (or maybe Inkzooka)
I really like using Seekers, and Seeker Rush is fun in theory, but the weakness of a Seeker (can jump over it, hide in your own ink, make it run into a wall) are just as bad with a whole fleet as they are with one. Unlike the other bombs rushes, this one can easily fly right past you, and it pretty much hits in a line rather than covering up the field. The CRD's already not great at hitting above it, and with a sub that's entirely land-based, having a special that just continues this trend isn't very useful, while Killer Wail and Inkzooka seem to be a step up.

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
Bamboozler with Sprinklers and Kraken. The Bamboozler isn't that great at turfing so it could use help from a sprinkler. For the same reason, you can easily get cornered in enemy turf, so a Kraken would make a good eject button.

Nzap with Beakons and Inkzooka. Beakons are so powerful in recovering fallen teammates, they're IMO the best sub. The inkzooka is to challenge chargers, clear the tower, etc.

Lele

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Deathgasus
Carbon roller
Splat bomb
Kraken
Is my dream weapon although I wouldn't expect a carbon to have a kraken since it would be wayyyy too quick
Anyways runner-up is
Octobrush
Burst bomb
Bomb rush or bubbler

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Platinum Sploosh O Matic with Disruptors and Inkzooka let's go.

Xeze

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XezeMaster
Luna Blaster
Burst Bomb
Inkzooka

The true terror.

JamKaret

Inkling
NNID
JamKaret
Hey guys, new here, first post.
I'd like to see a new gear outfit for the Sploosh-O-Matic.
I'm a big fan of the gun, but with the short range I'd love to see splat bombs, or suction bombs with it.
If I could have it my way, I go Sploosh, with suction bombs, and bubbler.
Suction bombs or Splat bombs would help with the guns short range, and bubbler would help for sticky situations.
Every other short range gun has at least one gear set with some type of bomb to close the distance.

I'd even like seekers with the Sploosh..

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Bubbler wouldn't work for the Sploosh l think, the range is too short and you'd get pushed around too easily. lt'd also make it too similar to the Jr.

Speaking of that l've thought about another one: Rapid Blaster Pro with burst bombs and bubbler.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
:wst_shot_explight00:::burstbomb:/:disruptor: + :echolocator:

I would go absolutely HAM on most TC maps with this baby. The only acceptable way for me to use a rapid blaster is by stacking Damage Ups to the moon; it lets you shut down most areas of your choice with long range, fast firing AoE attacks and hit anyone and everyone on the tower with a reliable and inaccurate 2 hit KO over the tower's edges. Burst bombs would help counter most blasters' glaring close range weakness with yet another form of AoE attack and would help you secure some nice burst cancelling splats. ...if that would work on a blaster. The fact that damage is already cranked up to 11 makes this fairly synergistic too.

With disruptors you could just slow down people who get in your face and escape that way - it'd also help keep people at an optimal distance, aid in direct hits and 2 hit kills (which some argue is the RB's biggest issue), and act as a debuffing point sensor.

Echolocator is my best friend for discouraging flanks for everyone on my team and helps me locate people in my range or people that are trying to get around me to enter mid. It also refills your tank, which might be nice for mitigating the ink abuse that disruptor spamming would bring.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Looking at the weapons that are going to be released for Sheldon's picks, I would love

:wst_roller_brushmini00:+:burstbomb::bombrushburstbomb:
Honestly, there isn't much of a reason to use Inkbrush over Octobrush in ranked. Giving it Burst Bombs would be a nice way to play a more offencive set, and more weapons should have Burst Bomb Rush. Plus, Damage Up makes both bombs and the brush more deadly.

:wst_charge_light00:+:sprinkler::inkstrike:
A major weakness of the Bamboozler is it's turfing potential, but Sprinklers and Inkstrike could greatly alleviate this, making it a threat in Turf War and Splat Zones. Burst bombs may be the obvious choice, but it would be kinda OP and the MK II already has a great offencive set.

Slosher +:squidbeacon::echolocator:
Not a single Slosher or Splatling has beakons. They are an underappreciated sub, and giving them to the new slosher would give it a support niche to compete with the Slosher Deco. Plus, Echo is great for support and the other Echo slosher is somewhat underwhelming.

And one more for good measure
:wst_shot_explight00:+:pointsensor::kraken:
Very few weapons even have Point Sensors, and they would work well with the Rapid Blaster due to it's ability to splat around corners and it's good range. Kraken is self explanatory, panic button to help with close quarters combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom