• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Dualie Squelchers' viability

thundasi

Senior Squid
I feel like DS used to be more of a support role when tenta missles took 5 hours to fire off a 4 lock. The reduced execution has made playing tenta missles kits in general move farther in to the fray like the mini splat. (thanks @The Salamander King for making give it another look) Alot still think of it the pre patch way. Thats what i got. i love free point sensors and with the update to tenta i almost always make everyone even if i can only hold 2 in the reticle. That being said marking with them the timer starts when you tag them not when the missles fire. mark one the take the full 3 seconds to fire you got 5 sec. of visibility left.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I'm just going to be ignorant for a moment and ask. What kit will the alternate Dualie Squelchers come with?

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Well that will turn some heads! Put just a touch of :ability_specialcharge: on that and this kit will pay dividends in no time! I think I will be making extensive use of that, especially since I like the vanilla kit as is!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Well that will turn some heads! Put just a touch of :ability_specialcharge: on that and this kit will pay dividends in no time! I think I will be making extensive use of that, especially since I like the vanilla kit as is!
I know, it's REALLY good. Won't do anything to break up the current special meta, but at least we might see a decline in so many NZaps. I have a few buddies who basically only use the DS who plan to switch to this one exclusively (having lethal bombs instead of point sensors is also really cool).

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Point Sensors are rather useful in solo queue. Not really needed when you can communicate with your team though. So the Splat Bomb sub will be a really nice change of pace!

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Dualie Squelchers, a long range Dualies that can dodgeroll through a snipers range and other long range weapons into their own range.
I don't know, they got buffed when i already have trouble with them.
If they can keep me from reaching S ranks in any game play, i think they are very viable in any scenario.

..no i don't know this from experience... "whimper"

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Ah, I'm sorry Flammie. If it helps, they tend to give me trouble as well. The range combined with the tracking makes for problems at any time.

On an unrelated note, nice Secret of Mana reference @Flammie !

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Ah, I'm sorry Flammie. If it helps, they tend to give me trouble as well. The range combined with the tracking makes for problems at any time.

On an unrelated note, nice Secret of Mana reference @Flammie !
Kekekeke, don't be sorry for this.
These weapons and hyper aggressive snipers are my bane, that and cuddly short range blasters like Luna and Clash, and Dualies.

But i'm just against the buff they recieved in the first place, since it did help others who wanted to main them, i just have more problems with these over anything, ESPECIALLY when they have long range with the ability of dodging out of danger.

Oh and thanks, i grew up with that game.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
It's

Splat bombs and ink armor.
I honestly can't wait to see this kit added. Definitely going to be a fun weapon to use, and looks to be a Dualies Squelcher that supports itself more than the team, since it doesn't have the sensors. Interesting.

Anyways, my thoughts on the Dualies Squelchers as they currently are: Fun. A lot of fun! They're the first weapon I attached to, and while I now use a arsenal of sweet bootleg squid super soakers, the Sq Dualies are an easy-to-use weapon that allows for a lot of maneuverability and strafing. Its way easy to get the hang of dodge-rolling, the range is decent enough to get a quick-kill and the sensors help show where the enemy is. It's good practice to throw the sensors, see where the enemy is, and dodge roll out of the way. Other Dualies just leave the enemy in the unknown, so here you get a vague idea of where to roll to and how to maximize your rolls. Builds up practice for other Dualies. I originally sucked with the Dappled (Those 4 rolls were hard to use!) but after a bunch of squelching, I'm really starting to get the most out of those four rolls. So...start with Squelched, then move to the more complex Dualies.

As a actual competitive weapon, the Sq Dualies are pretty dang solid on Tower control. Lob a sensor on the tower, track the enemy on it, and shoot them from a distance. Tracking and range keep you at the tower at all times yet also hold you back from getting on the tower itself. If your team can push, you've got the excellent range support. All in all a great weapon that's easy to use and provides support. It isn't useless, and as someone who used it to kick start a love for all the Dualies, it's a perfect weapon to start with for those looking their way to dodge-roll to victory.

DISAPPOINTING EDIT: The 3.0 trailer shows the new Dualies, now with a Sting-Ray. Blasphemy!

Last edited:

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Oh and thanks, i grew up with that game.
So did I. Still have many fond memories of it as well as some of my multiplayers runs through it. Always such a good time! Now if only that remake could fix some of its problems...

I may not have as many problems with the Dualie Squelchers, but they are still an issue. The range and being able to dodge roll are pretty much all that needs to be said. In fact, the dodge roll in general makes all Dualies a pretty big threat. Well, except for the Glooga Dualies. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom