• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

E-Liter vs. Splatterscopes for Competitve Play?

Reaper

Inkling
NNID
reaperrules
@SuperLuigi231 The white headband has an ink recovery up main and a higher chance of damage up sub.. The white shirt has an ink recovery up main and a higher chance of main saver.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
It's not just about the size of the map but the length of common angles. Both classes of sniper should try to use their maximum range as much as possible. If a map doesn't have a lot of places where a Splatterscope can't reach, then go ahead and use Splatterscope. If there are several dominant angles that only an E-Liter can achieve then you'd be giving up a lot of potential if you pick Splatterscope.

For example, Kelp Dome seems like a fairly small map, but the length of the open area from the center to the edge of the map can only be abused by E-Liter. And that route sees very high traffic so you do want to abuse it. E-Liter can also reach between top mid and either spawn, where a Splatterscope would have to climb a ramp or block where they can easily get locked out. However, kit is also a consideration, and splat bomb rush, killer wail, and splash walls are all very strong on kelp.

On the other hand, Blackbelly doesn't have any common angles that can only be achieved by E-Liter. That map favors mobility, switching between very situational angles following the movements of your enemies. I'd pick Splatterscope there. Even if you're camping top mid, you may not be able to reach as far into their base, but you can still cover all the choke points out of it.

TakeASicky

Inkling
NNID
Lillyfield18
As a former charger main for SND (way back in the day) here is one main difference in playstyle between the two weapons and it's very simple to make your choice:

1. Elitre fires 3-4 shots per tank of ink and that amounts to approx 100-150 shots per match
2. Splatterscopes have 7-8 shots per tank and that means approx. 180-250 shots per match (these figures are based on my own experience, calculations and testing)

The Elitre has more range plus a 10% swim speed handicap and the Splatterscope chargers quicker.

Conclusion: if you have great aim and positioning but don't move around very well, use Elitre and invest your time into that. If your aim is not as good, but your movement and reflexes make up for that, use the Splatterscopes.

Think of it this way, to get 10 kills with Elitre you will need to hit 1 out of every 10 or 15 shots. Thats a kill every 3-4 tanks of ink. With splatterscopes, to get the same kills you only need to hit 1 out of every 18-25 shots, again one every 3-4 tanks of ink.

I personally was a very good Splatterscope user, but a decent Elitre. I only used Elitre if the opposition had a very good charger or the map was narrow/long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom