• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

E3 2017 Expectations/Predictions

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
What is anyone gonna expect or want to see from this years E3, aside from Splatoon 2 and ARMS.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Awkward presentation moments

That is a want and an expectation.

Also playable octolings

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Already I've been hearing these predictions from a youtuber: Arlo, which I relate to.

Metroid Prime 4 (A too desirable wish, but it is a innovative thought.), Paper Mario 3 (Counting out the others since different play styles.), Pikmin 4 with a map editor, and Luigi's Mansion 2 (Not counting for Dark Moon.). Those are the top four I was rather agreeable wish, while the rest was 'what ifs', but these conclude towards that sort of example.

For my wishes:

More new IPs to bring Nintendo back to it's routes. Arms, and Splatoon 2 is a good prime example of that so far. I hope to see Mario & Luigi + Bowser's Minions to be a HD remake with polished graphics (Though I am crossing my fingers with how they will manage the battle systems.).

Animal Crossing for the Switch, puh-please! Having it's release date slated for 2018 would be such a relief for my wallet.

I think that is all? Most of my ideas was basically given away, so that is all I could think of for now. Again, they are just these 'want' predictions, despite Nintendo clearly states some are no longer accepted as an idea.

Oh, wait! I am wanting to see if Mario Odyssey has a proper hub world instead of flying to each destination. That was something I really missed from Mario 64, and Super Mario Sunshine.

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm hoping they announce a new Animal Crossing for the Switch. An AC/Sploon 2 combo would keep me occupied for a long, long time. We're also kind of due for a new Animal Crossing and it would make sense to release a new one to tie in with the app.

Other than that, I'd like Pikmin 4 and/or a new DK or Metroid. I don't know how likely that'd be though. I'd honestly rather wait for Smash; I'd prefer a totally new Smash to a Smash 4 Deluxe, especially given how many fighting games are going to be released for the Switch this year.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
On that bingo board...

"*Good* Paper Mario"

I'm praying, I really am.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aw, but I liked Color Trash...

I fully expect Mario Odyssey to be this year's Breath of the Wild and take up the bulk of the presentation. I don't mind, I'm all for it. Also find I some info on the Switch Online system to be likely, hopefully clearing up the whole thing while doing nothing to desalinate the fans crybabies (much like they did with Federation Force).

As for wants... more info on Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon and the Rabbids crossover, mainly. I wanna see what those are like before I decide if they're worth it. That and a teaser for Breath of the Wild's story DLC. And a tad more info on Splatoon 2.
...and perhaps a WWE2K18 port? That way I have more reason to put off getting a PS4?

I don't particularly (want to) expect a Smash 4 Switch port, but I'll be cool with it if it does come.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Anything non-Nintendo anyone wants to see? Remember that E3 isn't just about Nintendo.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Well I was going to expect a new Monster Hunter game, but I wasn't expecting what we got- Monster Hunter: World.

Hm. Again, Hmmm...I think I'll just wait for Nintendo's showcase.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
...nothin' from y'all. Damn.

Anyway, that was a neat little presentation. Mario Odyssey is amazing (albeit kinda bizarre), Zelda DLC looks solid, Metroid Prime 4 oughta shut the fanboys up, and new Kirby & Yoshi games give me a reason to skip out on the ones for the 3DS. Also they seem to be going full eSports mode, which is a tad surprising to me. Maybe they ARE planning a Smash Switch after all.

Well played, Nintendo. Good ****.

EDIT: Jeez, I step away for one minute to watch a Sonic Forces trailer only to come back and find there's ANOTHER Metroid game in the works.
...seems this is the reason for that AM2R hullabaloo from last year. Looks cool, at any rate.

EDIT 2: wtf is this fire emblem bit. Husbands? Really?

Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
In my defense I was on a plane for like half of the day

I am enjoying what Nintendo put out

I didn't get a bingo (unless you count Nintendo's silence as denying Mother 3 again :P)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom