• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Easiest/most fun Octo Expansion stations?

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Do you think it'll help me be a better sport if I realize I'm doing (or have done) the exact same thing to them that they did to me?

Cephalobro

From what I have seen from your in-game stats, you're still relatively new to Splatoon 2, don't worry, as you play more, you will learn more of the changes of the multiplayer of this game and Splatoon 1. I will share a few tips about Salmon Run that will allow you to be able to rank up at least a little faster: Lone Golden Eggs that are too close to the water are generally not worth the effort to grab since most bosses come to you, Maws are basically Golden Egg packages as they are easy to defeat by timing your Splat Bomb throws at the spot in which they jump up, it might take a few tries to get the Maw to swallow a Splat Bomb, but once you get the timing down, they can be lured to the basket for easily accessible Golden Eggs. Stingers and Flyfish will never come to you and their range is unlimited, Blasters, Shooters and Dualies are generally better at getting rid of the Stinger.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I usually dodge and shoot the Maws until it splats, but I think the bomb thing is a nice nod to the Octomaw from the first game! Heck, everything about the Maws is.

As for Grillers, I think Splatlings are the best option, next to Shooters and Dualies.

Flyfish is probably one of if not the hardest fish to beat IMO because you can't shoot it anywhere, you have to use a bomb and in a specific spot. At least with Steelheads, you can shoot the bomb on its head.

This is after hours and hours of Salmon Run. :p I pretty much ground on Salmon Run today; got over 1000 points in total, ranked back up to Go-Getter.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
As for my newness...yeah, I only got the game a couple months ago. I do have experience from S1 and playing a bit of S2 on my dad's Switch though. I didn't play Turf War or Salmon Run then though, just Hero Mode.

ZuraRBX

Inkling
NNID
Johnnybump
Switch Friend Code
SW-0993-3221-5618
My favorite station from the Octo Expansion was the first 8-Ball stage. For some reason, it was really easy, and hearing Deadf1sh made it feel something out of a lo-fi video.

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
Everyone talks about which levels were hard, torture, a nightmare. (Inner Agent 3 and Girl Power Station come to mind.) But which ones weren't at all a challenge? Which did you breeze through like it was nothing?

For me, Fly 8-Ball Station was a big one. It was fun to boot, and a nice nod to the old brick-breaker games. Plus, you couldn't run out of ink or let the 8-ball fall! You could only run out of time, and I'm guessing most people didn't.

Fake Plastic Station is an obvious one, as it's the first you encounter and it's fairly similar to the Octoling levels from Hero Mode (which I almost always had fun with by the way). The goal is straightforward, and overall it's just a pretty good first test.

I personally enjoy Tower Control stations the most out of the Ranked-based stations. Rainmaker ones aren't half bad as well. (Tower Control is probably the Ranked mode I'm the best at and enjoy the most. I don't like Clam Blitz or Splat Zones though.)

The easiest boss for me (so far) was probably Toastmaster Station? I would say Whack-Fu Station but I kept getting knocked off the map. I mean, I see it as pretty much being the Octo Oven with more enemies, so...

Cubular Station was nice because splatting the enemies in the "rooms" was fairly easy and I was only worried about rotating the area so I could collect certain data points. If I remember correctly, I didn't die once.

Matchmaster Station (the octopus) was fairly easy, because all the crates you had to break were orange. Matchmaker Station (the dog), however, was not so easy, although breaking crates was faster.

All of the thang stations, obviously.

For a no-weapon station, Ink From Above Station wasn't half bad. I was glad to recieve a weapon at the end as well.

Anyone have any easy or fun experiences with the otherwise notoriously difficult Octo Expansion?
i am better at tower control than splat zones

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom