eggstrawork

Azure ST

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-3733-1036
Played it with two friends last night, after being stuck on 206 for an hour or 2 ended on a high score of 222. I played dynamo and my friends played splash and sblast. The random that we got paired with would get squiffer.

First wave is free, just don't let any snatchers get away since we lost an egg now and then from not paying attention.

Mudmouths in my experience is about a minute of taking down the mudmouths asap before spending most of the rest of the wave getting eggs. Snatchers carry eggs in the direction of the basket so the far mudmouths eggs can usually be left alone often as long as you pop the snatchers just before they leave and throw the eggs up for someone to deposit them. Dynamo helps a lot with any crowd buildup and i've seen some players use a kraken around the halfway point to speed up the mudmouth kills. Usually we got around 40 that wave but our highest was 45 or 46.

We didn't have the greatest plan for wave 3 so there was a lot of improvisation and flailing around at the end. Snatchers carry the left side eggs over the basket which means the first few bosses can be killed early as long as we don't miss the snatchers. We usually burned a wail on 2 flyfish + 1 stinger/1 more flyfish and used 1 or 2 more specials later in the round to deal with all the umbrellas, eels, and poles that swarm the basket. I don't remember our best score but I would guess enough to 1.5x quota but not 2x.

Wave 4 tornado was important for me to get right as the dynamo player. I had to balance tossing eggs and rolling lessers, and not dying when multiple chum and smallfry landed on top of me and bopped me before i could react. One teammate went to the second crate and started throwing eggs asap while 2 others deposited the eggs from the first crate. and I helped with whatever eggs I had the time to do inbetween the crowd control. We experimented with how many eggs we could get from the second crate and on a good wave we were able to get around 14-16 thrown forward and deposit them all. Our average was around 60, but our best tornado was 72 i think.

Like wave 3, the final wave had snatchers carry the eggs from the first few bosses to the basket, so we didn't have to worry about lugging them across the map. We made sure to stay back a little so the slammin lid would stop over land but otherwise quickly wiped out the early bosses and moved on. Most remaining specials were burned this wave but usually not optimally. The only one we planned out was tristriking the 3 poles that went to the middle to keep that region accessible without taking too much time. My aim was typically to go to where the big shots spawned later in the round and clear out the cannon area, but the cannon goes on different sides of the map depending on hazard level and I wasn't able to get those down consistently. I also died a lot towards the end because I was usually the only one on that side of the map and I can't exactly react when bosses are coming at me from all angles. Our best that round was low 40's if I remember right.

I think my performance was decent but definitely not a safe number if i want top 5%. Which isnt the end of the world anyway so NBD.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
Played it with two friends last night, after being stuck on 206 for an hour or 2 ended on a high score of 222. I played dynamo and my friends played splash and sblast. The random that we got paired with would get squiffer.

First wave is free, just don't let any snatchers get away since we lost an egg now and then from not paying attention.

Mudmouths in my experience is about a minute of taking down the mudmouths asap before spending most of the rest of the wave getting eggs. Snatchers carry eggs in the direction of the basket so the far mudmouths eggs can usually be left alone often as long as you pop the snatchers just before they leave and throw the eggs up for someone to deposit them. Dynamo helps a lot with any crowd buildup and i've seen some players use a kraken around the halfway point to speed up the mudmouth kills. Usually we got around 40 that wave but our highest was 45 or 46.

We didn't have the greatest plan for wave 3 so there was a lot of improvisation and flailing around at the end. Snatchers carry the left side eggs over the basket which means the first few bosses can be killed early as long as we don't miss the snatchers. We usually burned a wail on 2 flyfish + 1 stinger/1 more flyfish and used 1 or 2 more specials later in the round to deal with all the umbrellas, eels, and poles that swarm the basket. I don't remember our best score but I would guess enough to 1.5x quota but not 2x.

Wave 4 tornado was important for me to get right as the dynamo player. I had to balance tossing eggs and rolling lessers, and not dying when multiple chum and smallfry landed on top of me and bopped me before i could react. One teammate went to the second crate and started throwing eggs asap while 2 others deposited the eggs from the first crate. and I helped with whatever eggs I had the time to do inbetween the crowd control. We experimented with how many eggs we could get from the second crate and on a good wave we were able to get around 14-16 thrown forward and deposit them all. Our average was around 60, but our best tornado was 72 i think.

Like wave 3, the final wave had snatchers carry the eggs from the first few bosses to the basket, so we didn't have to worry about lugging them across the map. We made sure to stay back a little so the slammin lid would stop over land but otherwise quickly wiped out the early bosses and moved on. Most remaining specials were burned this wave but usually not optimally. The only one we planned out was tristriking the 3 poles that went to the middle to keep that region accessible without taking too much time. My aim was typically to go to where the big shots spawned later in the round and clear out the cannon area, but the cannon goes on different sides of the map depending on hazard level and I wasn't able to get those down consistently. I also died a lot towards the end because I was usually the only one on that side of the map and I can't exactly react when bosses are coming at me from all angles. Our best that round was low 40's if I remember right.

I think my performance was decent but definitely not a safe number if i want top 5%. Which isnt the end of the world anyway so NBD.
bro just tell me your high score you don’t have to write an entire book

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
i got to 55ish before giving up bc my teammates were legitimately useless
this isn’t a tilting thing they were actually just. dear god.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
144 so far. I've been queuing alone exclusively and wave 3 wipes us more often than not. The one time I actually cleared wave 5 it was because we only barely got the quotas so our hazard level was pretty low. I usually just play for capsules anyway but I've been grinding this one a bit more because I'm pretty lackluster with all these weapons minus splash and it's a nice opportunity to practice.

Reecey Boi

Inkster Jr.
231 with randos. I'm honestly really impressed we managed to do so well, unfortunately maps rotated after this
20240204_000430.jpg
20240204_000433.jpg
20240204_000437.jpg

reelrollsweat

Semi-Pro Squid
only 190 so far x_x gonna grind more tonight + tomorrow tho, ive researched some other ppls strats and im confident i can hit at least 200

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
The two flyfish/stinger combo on wave three is evil lol

Bubbsart

Full Squid
Pronouns
she/they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-0856-6246-8984
80. I’m still feeling salty abt salmon run

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
212 in two hours with a random freelance group. Of course rotation switched lol.

Pineapple Death Match

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
around 66ish but I've only been able to play it for a couple of hours in solo queue as my splatoon-playin' friend was busy and also I've been working overnights. Might try and grind it out after the post-work nap but I'm not stressing about it.

bro just tell me your high score you don’t have to write an entire book

He doesn't know that forums are for long-form discussion /lighthearted

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom