Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
This thread is meant for people who hate stuff that is cringe (like me) because after watching too much SMG4 I've learned that a lot of the stuff that I used to like was (and still is) cringe

here is the stuff that I've learned that is cringe

1. Skibidi toilet
  2. Among us
  3. The dab
  4. The Rizzler
  5. Content farms of non-cringe YouTubers
thank you for understanding this list if you have more cringy things that I need to know please reply to this thread

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
if i’m understanding right your approach here is that… you’re looking to others to decide what’s ‘cringe’ and adjusting your own interests to avoid liking anything deemed cringe?

that’s no way to live, man
say that to SMG4 whom he helped me become a better person

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
say that to SMG4 whom he helped me become a better person
…i don’t think policing your own and others’ interests to try and avoid having those interests overlap with the internet’s ever-shifting ideas of what’s ‘cringe’ is gonna make you a better person, dude

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
I too used to label and avoid what was cringe, maybe still do sometimes, but caring that much about what makes others people happy and comfortable (if they arent hurting others) is really lame. Im growing up to learn to embrace the cringe because no one is better than someone else because of their harmless interests, and in the end, I want to enjoy myself too.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
In all seriousness, I am into some WEIRD stuff. So are my friends and my partner. None of us care. I may not be into obscure kpop bands or architectural trivia, but I appreciate the passion of my friends who are, and hey, sometimes you learn something interesting!

Like what you like, and if anyone gives you guff for the things you like, tell them to shove off.

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
you know what, I am sorry to all of those whom I made mad, it's just that if you see the SMG4 video of Mario's mysteries when Boopkins does a Skibidi toilet song you can see that SMG4 is annoyed with it and grabs the pipe bomb that he got from Mr. Puzzles after watching the entire Bee movie with bonus features and just throws it right in front of him before it explodes. and that's the reason why I made this and the other reason is that if I come in front of my 17-year-old brother he will be annoyed and disappointed with me and I don't want to disappoint him (annoying him is different)

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
hey, i’m not mad. i just think concerning yourself with what’s ‘cringe’ is a harmful way to go about Having Interests, as well as a great way to surround yourself with the worst types of people. i’ve been there and i don’t recommend it

i won’t comment on the video you’re talking about because i haven’t seen it and it doesn’t sound like my kinda thing (this is different from me thinking it’s ‘cringe’). but if your older brother’s genuinely disappointed in you for liking kid stuff he thinks he’s too mature for, he’ll get over it. assuming he’s a good dude beyond being a little embarrassed about having a younger brother who likes kid stuff, he’d be more disappointed about you trying so hard to avoid being ‘cringe’ that you turn into a bully. (and if my assumption is wrong, just try not to worry so much about what he thinks.)

truth is, whatever you’re doing now, you’ll probably look back at it in a few years and go “man i was so cringey online when i was younger.” but would you rather be following that up with “but at least i had harmless fun” or “and i was a jerk on top of that”?

that’s the last i’ll say on the matter. ultimately whether or not anything i’m saying changes how you think about this is in your control. just, like… consider enjoying things without worrying about the cringe thing.

Bennet

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
hey, i’m not mad. i just think concerning yourself with what’s ‘cringe’ is a harmful way to go about Having Interests, as well as a great way to surround yourself with the worst types of people. i’ve been there and i don’t recommend it

i won’t comment on the video you’re talking about because i haven’t seen it and it doesn’t sound like my kinda thing (this is different from me thinking it’s ‘cringe’). but if your older brother’s genuinely disappointed in you for liking kid stuff he thinks he’s too mature for, he’ll get over it. assuming he’s a good dude beyond being a little embarrassed about having a younger brother who likes kid stuff, he’d be more disappointed about you trying so hard to avoid being ‘cringe’ that you turn into a bully. (and if my assumption is wrong, just try not to worry so much about what he thinks.)

truth is, whatever you’re doing now, you’ll probably look back at it in a few years and go “man i was so cringey online when i was younger.” but would you rather be following that up with “but at least i had harmless fun” or “and i was a jerk on top of that”?

that’s the last i’ll say on the matter. ultimately whether or not anything i’m saying changes how you think about this is in your control. just, like… consider enjoying things without worrying about the cringe thing.
yeah, and about looking back at my past self, I looked at some of my old posts when I was twelve and saw how 'cringe' I was, also I watch kid's shows on TV and even tho a lot of my family members my tease me about it I stay true to myself. so thank you for understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom