• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

EU splatfest- Cats or Dogs

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Having caught the tail end of @Samura1man's stream and looking at some of the chat, I have to say that at least they had different maps compared to the first Cats vs. Dogs fest. Still have no idea which way it'll swing even with the stats from here but I'll know for sure tomorrow.

As an aside, is it me or is Inkipedia lagging behind on their Splatfest page? True, they're still keeping the results data up to date which is good for my own scorecard. However, I noticed they haven't posted the quotes for Cars vs. Planes (announcement and results), and they don't have the stages for this Splatfest up. I'm going to be generous and assume they're still getting to King/Queen rank before editing the page for the latter, and I don't expect them to have the announcement quote for CvD2 since it might be the exact same as before. Yet it's been a week since CvP ended and still no quotes from there. Strange...

Nonetheless, I'm still putting in my support for Team Judd today! Let's get some revenge on those dogs!

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Some Splatfest-Miiverse-Fanart

I've read players accusing each team having cheaters. Well, you can say it's mostly lags like being at the enemy base in 3 seconds after start, walking in enemy ink or getting killed as kraken.

I for myself also had a thing which confused me, my teammates splated an enemy who was on our side of the M. Towers (Muränentürme) during the first 30 seconds of the match. He didn't even left an ink trail. Uhm @_@

But I did my duty. Meow!

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
I didn't actually experience very much lag (it was alot more stable than the last Splatfest, where I could hardly finish a single match the first evening), at least not more than usual. Sometimes there were weird things, but mostly I had the feeling it was running quite well in this regard.
When it comes to team abilities... not so much. After a long time this was finally a Splatfest where I could identify with the topic and had an actual opinion on it and what happens? Team Dog is absolutely horrible. No seriously. I won't deny I wasn't in top shape either, but wow. I bet the only thing we accomplished is the lowest Splatfest score ever or something. Seriously. And looking around on Twitter, I'm not the only one getting this feeling, Team Dog was the absolute worst Splatfest team I have ever witnessed (and taken part in), I'm almost ashamed for having voted this. At least I got a lot of level points out of this.
(sorry for all the salt, but Jesus. What the hell happened. You may season your meals with it.)

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
We did it! Also made AmericaCats proud! :D

Splatoonmaps did an adorable tweet about

In comparision to America
Votes: Cats 38% - Dogs 62%
Wins: Cats 51% - Dogs 49%

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
We did it! Also made AmericaCats proud! :D

Splatoonmaps did an adorable tweet about

In comparision to America
Votes: Cats 38% - Dogs 62%
Wins: Cats 51% - Dogs 49%
*Americats

And thanks I was looking for that information. I was going to draft up a reason why team cats would win:

First off, we, Europe, are not American. Thus, we are not as much of a dog fan as them. Secondly, look at their results, Cats won the majority of the splatfest in such conditions where dogs are heavily favoured. Thirdly, this was at the very start of splatfests which was before the x4 multiplier took effect. Though i'm sure dogs still would've won anyway due to he crushing popularity, i'd like to refer back to my first point.

All things considered, we had much more room to redeem our cat side and destroy the opposition. So i'm not surprised we won.

GGs to everyone.

P.s The map choices were kinda mixed on opinions especially Moray Towers.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Nice! Cats finally get even with Dogs after so long. Marie must be feeling so salty right now.

Now then, to wait a couple weeks for the next round of Splatfests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom