Europe’s November Splatfest! Battle of the Breakfasts!

Hot or Cold Breakfast?

• Team Hot!

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Team Cold!

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Well, that's that. Another Splatfest I wish I could've just skipped if it wasn't for the Snails. I don't know what my problem with the matchmaker in EU-only Splatfests is but let me tell you this much: It's horrible. With a personal power level of above 2k I'd still end up on teams with an average of 1.8k against teams with a power level 200-400 points above us. Needless to say, my team would get wiped against a single person multiple times, even got spawncamped once, losing streaks that would hold on for ten matches, the full program of #salt, ladies and gentlemen.

It's only times like these where I begin to question my sanity and the average player-skill of the EU playerbase because I know this is but an illusion caused by bad, terribad luck. More props to couple good players I had the honor to play with that helped me reach Master rank before the fest was over because you have no idea how good it feels to finally get a few wins after having had terrible losing streaks, oh boi. Between this and the fact that I had little to no mirror matches I have no idea which team won in the end. I just wish I could enjoy queuing solo more but once the hyperaggressive player base on the opponent's end of things and the potato E-Liters pop up on my end of things, you learn why it's important to make regional friends. Grab yo friends, people. Don't lose your mind in solo Q. Or maybe it's just my bad luck, who knows. My friend didn't have even remotely as a bad time as I had and we played pretty much simultaneously. If she hadn't been over at my house to see that live and in color so very often by now she wouldn't have believed me either, yeah.

And while I can't get over the fact that we got the same terrible shifty station layout the US had for halloween for our splatfest now, I had the best W/L on that one. Oh the irony.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, that's that. Another Splatfest I wish I could've just skipped if it wasn't for the Snails. I don't know what my problem with the matchmaker in EU-only Splatfests is but let me tell you this much: It's horrible. With a personal power level of above 2k I'd still end up on teams with an average of 1.8k against teams with a power level 200-400 points above us. Needless to say, my team would get wiped against a single person multiple times, even got spawncamped once, losing streaks that would hold on for ten matches, the full program of #salt, ladies and gentlemen.

It's only times like these where I begin to question my sanity and the average player-skill of the EU playerbase because I know this is but an illusion caused by bad, terribad luck. More props to couple good players I had the honor to play with that helped me reach Master rank before the fest was over because you have no idea how good it feels to finally get a few wins after having had terrible losing streaks, oh boi. Between this and the fact that I had little to no mirror matches I have no idea which team won in the end. I just wish I could enjoy queuing solo more but once the hyperaggressive player base on the opponent's end of things and the potato E-Liters pop up on my end of things, you learn why it's important to make regional friends. Grab yo friends, people. Don't lose your mind in solo Q. Or maybe it's just my bad luck, who knows. My friend didn't have even remotely as a bad time as I had and we played pretty much simultaneously. If she hadn't been over at my house to see that live and in color so very often by now she wouldn't have believed me either, yeah.

And while I can't get over the fact that we got the same terrible shifty station layout the US had for halloween for our splatfest now, I had the best W/L on that one. Oh the irony.
I don't think there are that many people in the 2000+ range to play against, so that's the problem. I know that if I play for a few hours, I don't really get anywhere with my points, and I doubt many people play for much more than 2-3 hours most Splatfests. I mean, I played until the fest ended, and I barely saw any Kings and Queens around. Like usual tbh.

Also, I had the complete opposite experience - great teams this time around! I don't think I got annoyed by a team member even once this 'fest.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I don't think there are that many people in the 2000+ range to play against, so that's the problem. I know that if I play for a few hours, I don't really get anywhere with my points, and I doubt many people play for much more than 2-3 hours most Splatfests. I mean, I played until the fest ended, and I barely saw any Kings and Queens around. Like usual tbh.

Also, I had the complete opposite experience - great teams this time around! I don't think I got annoyed by a team member even once this 'fest.
That's quite funky, I saw plenty and plenty of highest ranks around. That's also been my plan initially but the losing streaks hailing from the evil matchmaker™ made me stick around for longer than necessary.

Well, if anything, I'm glad you had less of a crappy experience. It just goes to show how unlucky I tend to be, lol.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Splatfest results are here:
Warm won votes and solo battles. Cold won team battles.
Warm wins this Splatfest.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Im somehow freaking happy for losing.... I will never, NEVER vote for Marina again... This Splatfest made me freaking out soooooooooo many times(Because of Inkredible bad balancing and teammates).... Im slowing starting to be happy for every single lose Marina gets (Really don't want to be happy about that but I am).

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Im somehow freaking happy for losing.... I will never, NEVER vote for Marina again... This Splatfest made me freaking out soooooooooo many times(Because of Inkredible bad balancing and teammates).... Im slowing starting to be happy for every single lose Marina gets (Really don't want to be happy about that but I am).
Pfft, quite honestly, it's the first time I voted for Marina's option and I'm not surprised she lost. My battles (yes, mine, if you had more balanced ones, good on ya) felt rigged with that 200-400 splatfest power point disparity and it's been the recent trend with EU-Splatfests anyway. GGs everyone, I'll be collecting my snails and make sure to go to therapy before the next Splatfest arises.

And take away Marisha's right to design the stages, like seriously what the heck was she thinking during the last two splatfests?

Sure I'll deal with only one humongous choke point, sure I'll wait till the slow-as-molasses revolving doors let me pass through. This gif sums up my mood during the last two splatfests quite well. :D

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Pfft, quite honestly, it's the first time I voted for Marina's option and I'm not surprised she lost. My battles (yes, mine, if you had more balanced ones, good on ya) felt rigged with that 200-400 splatfest power point disparity and it's been the recent trend with EU-Splatfests anyway. GGs everyone, I'll be collecting my snails and make sure to go to therapy before the next Splatfest arises.

And take away Marisha's right to design the stages, like seriously what the heck was she thinking during the last two splatfests?

Sure I'll deal with only one humongous choke point, sure I'll wait till the slow-as-molasses revolving doors let me pass through. This gif sums up my mood during the last two splatfests quite well. :D
Please refrain from airbending through your nostrils.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
The best joke about Shifty Station this time was that they didn't design a new one... It was the same Shifty Station as in the Vampire vs. Werewolfs splatfest in North America. I were kinda surprised as I realised that (Seriously, Did no one take notice?). However it was inkredible hard to prevent the enemy team from dominating your team and not it wasn't easy to dominate the enemy (I never done this).

seaWEED

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3569-5511-7797
Why don't they give everybody the same splatfest at the same time? Don't say it's a culture thing because Japan got McNuggets VS. Fries. MCDONALDS IS A DUCCING AMERICAN COMPANY!

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I only realised that this Splatfest is actually on with only 4 hours left before it ends so I had to play as many matches as I could as fast as possible XD... I didn't get to rank King but I did get Champion (close enough I guess...) annnnnd I was cold so I lost :<... ah well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom