• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

European Splatfest 19/03/16 - 20/03/16: Hoverboard vs Jetpack

What will you pick?

• Hoverboards

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Jetpacks

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

Hello everyone, europe just got a nice surprise, a new splatfest! And this one seems to be pretty interesting. How would you rather travel? Be a hipster and travel on a hoverboard or be like a spy and travel by jetpack? The new splatfest starts next week with all new changes and a 10:00 (that's 10am UTC) from Saturday to Sunday.

What will you pick and how do you think the new splatfest changes will effect the outcome?

"I'm the Hero Inkopolis deserves"- Marie 2k16.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer

Hello everyone, europe just got a nice surprise, a new splatfest! And this one seems to be pretty interesting. How would you rather travel? Be a hipster and travel on a hoverboard or be like a spy and travel by jetpack? The new splatfest starts next week with all new changes and a 10:00 (that's 10am UTC) from Saturday to Sunday.

What will you pick and how do you think the new splatfest changes will effect the outcome?

"I'm the Hero Inkopolis deserves"- Marie 2k16.
Jet pack no question

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Wait... who actually has uses hoverboards? Like... do you even logic? #TeamJetpack
(
And not against B- people this time, yes!)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Be a hipster and travel on a hoverboard
How dare you. These are the real hoverboards, not that two wheeled combustible piece of junk that can barely reach 10 miles per hour. I would've loved to participate in this, but sadly it's the european one.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Oh, what a very interesting take on Splatfest this time. If I was participating in the Europe one, I'd have to go with the hoverboard. Jetpacks are overrated. But I prefer closer to ground than air anyway.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
That feeling when Americans are viewing this thread more than Europe (i've seen a lot of Americans asking on social media if this is theirs despite them saying it's Europe).

Also, i've added a poll.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'd go with hoverboards if I could partake in this, because hoverboards generally don't set your legs on fire. I'd hope, anyway.

Miirisa

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Miirisa
Team Jetpack ftw! So far (judging from the miiverse posts) Hoverboards are more popular :D

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Sweet, a nice EU Splatfest topic before NA gets theirs. Interesting to see how the new SF power will work.
Can't decide, both include ways of flying :scared:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Sweet, a nice EU Splatfest topic before NA gets theirs. Interesting to see how the new SF power will work.
Can't decide, both include ways of flying :scared:
Well to be precise, the one is hover whilst the other is flying. Kinda the same, but still pretty different.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Really happy to see that our Splatfest are moving in the right direction. I feel they've been improving since Zombies vs Ghosts (the pineapple on pizza Splatfest was good since it brought back the argument about whether pineapple belongs on a pizza). As for this one, I want to side with jetpacks since they're cooler and allow you freedom of the sky. On the other hand, I reckon this will be the more popular team and will have a higher chance of losing, but the more popular team has won a few times here in Europe, with the pineapple one being an example of that. I've noticed that I've sided with Marie for most of these Splatfests, but she's the better Squid Sister anyway imo. Love the sass and sarcasm that she comes out with. Interested to see what the ink colours will be for this one, could be a very pretty Splatfest with the ink colour, just like how Barbarians vs Ninjas had a pretty colour scheme.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Huh, this theme ain't so bad. I really can't decide which one I'd prefer. Jetpacks are more of a reality as it stands, but the ones we have now kinda suck, so I've read. Yet if hoverboards are anything like skateboards... I'd bust something new every time I get on it.

Then again, if I was just playing for snails I wouldn't think twice about joining Callie's team.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I wanna pick Hoverboards because Sonic Riders was one of my favourite games when I was younger!
I freaking love that game. I played it a lot with a friend of mine, it's so fun. Man, why did Europe had to get such an awesome splatfest ; - ; (joking of course). Now i have three reasons to pick hoverboards. They're awesome, back to the future being one of my favorite movie series and sonic riders. That coupled with the fact that i'm deathly afraid of extreme heights and flying, which pretty much prevents me from picking jet packs. They're still awesome though.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
I'm just weirded out that I created a character down in the RP Square less than a week ago, with a custom weapon that is literally a hoverboard, then this Splatfest happens. So now I have to go with Hoverboard, its like fate or something, I'm confused.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'd pick Jetpacks if I could participate in this Splatfest. While you still need fuel and/or working parts to keep them aloft, at least they're securely placed on your back. Hoverboards on the other hand carry the risk of the rider leaning too far and falling off. Safety first, guys!

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
as back to the future 2 is my one of my favourite movies ever amd just because they are purely awesome, Im siding with hoverboards. also I just really want the snails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom