• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

European Splatfest 19/03/16 - 20/03/16: Hoverboard vs Jetpack

What will you pick?

• Hoverboards

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Jetpacks

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
The fun thing is: The Splatfest Power exists now and according to our japanese friends it will put players with same skill together. You have a high rank when SF starts? You will meet players of your rank and your power counter will rise or fall with your wins/losses.
So the good players of the unpopular team will only meet the good players of the popular team.
So we won't see the good unpopular players stomp the bad popular players. Going to be very interesting.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
The fun thing is: The Splatfest Power exists now and according to our japanese friends it will put players with same skill together. You have a high rank when SF starts? You will meet players of your rank and your power counter will rise or fall with your wins/losses.
So the good players of the unpopular team will only meet the good players of the popular team.
So we won't see the good unpopular players stomp the bad popular players. Going to be very interesting.
I'm gonna miss thwomping the little kids

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Though I'm not in Europe, I'd go with Hoverboards. They're much cooler than jet packs... and I've been playing Sonic Riders. o3o
I'm gonna miss thwomping the little kids
I'll miss it a bit too (as horrible as that sounds) but if it means Splatfest is more fair then I'm for it.

Palette

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CPalette
You know it's a good splatfest when you don't know what to choose. Personally I would choose to have my feet firmly planted on the floor, but at the same time people's potential fear of heights might come into play in this one. Hard to tell which one will be the one that is most popular which means the least popular biased is harder and less likely to happen. Can't wait to see how the new Splatfest system works though!

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Mhh when I choose Hoverboard I'm going to name myself SquidMcFly :D
But what would be a nice name for jetpack, mhhh. I don't now anyone using this °-°"

Last edited:

Palette

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CPalette
^ No pun intended with that 'taste haha! Well at the same time we don't have those hugely one sided splatfests like NA since they're both so horrible we just don't know what to pick. But this one will be absolutely fun, so excited for my 4th Splatfest!

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Though I'm not in Europe, I'd go with Hoverboards. They're much cooler than jet packs... and I've been playing Sonic Riders. o3o

I'll miss it a bit too (as horrible as that sounds) but if it means Splatfest is more fair then I'm for it.
^ No pun intended with that 'taste haha! Well at the same time we don't have those hugely one sided splatfests like NA since they're both so horrible we just don't know what to pick. But this one will be absolutely fun, so excited for my 4th Splatfest!
true

Vriska

Inkling
I really don't have a preference between these choices so I have to say I'm struggling to choose. I'm glad things are more balanced in terms of matchmaking from here on out but at the same time man do I miss the simplicity of choosing based on popularity and reveling in my 24 snails at the end of the day! Things are so uncertain. It's exciting but nervewracking.

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
Hoverboards all the way! I've wanted one ever since watching Back to the Future. It stinks that they aren't invented yet. And no, those half segway things don't count as hoverboards. :p

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
You should've seen the huge SPARKLES in my eyes once I turned on my Wii U to see the announcement. *___*
Disclaimer: I like both. If it wasn't for my personal background I would've probably had to flip a coin.

I joined Team Hoverboard. While Back to the Future played a role for the whole idea of this particular item I've had plenty more reasons to prefer a hoverboard. As a former skater, I'd just love to pull all those amazing tricks 'n' stunts while hovering mid-air. Zero resistance, maximum speed, maximum freshness. *_*.... uh, yeah. I've always wanted to have one as a kid as means of travel. Sure, Jet Packs are nice, but I'd rather have actual wings (no, not biologically speaking!) and ride the wind, if ya get my drift.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
It's going greatly! I love this new point system, and it is actually challanging now! Got to champion in less than a hour, that's a new record for me. Those E-Litres though...

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Made it to max within 2 hours.

Won: 22x
Lost: 10x

No matches vs hoverboard.

Started with 1400 power.

All those A and S ranks in my lobby. *shivers* I'm just a small A- :scared:
But the matches are challenging and exciting, I hardly had a match which ended steamrolling, maybe 2x.

----
I've also seen many chargers, one Jetpack team had 3(!). Good I decided to go with sloshers and annoyed them :p
And I did good choosing bomb sniffer. So many ink mines and seekers, see them all!

Last edited:

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Made it to max within 2 hours.

Won: 22x
Lost: 10x

No matches vs hoverboard.

Started with 1400 power.

All those A and S ranks in my lobby. *shivers* I'm just a small A- :scared:
But the matches are challenging and exciting, I hardly had a match which ended steamrolling, maybe 2x.

----
I've also seen many chargers, one Jetpack team had 3(!). Good I decided to go with sloshers and annoyed them :p
And I did good choosing bomb sniffer. So many ink mines and seekers, see them all!
Although I do not have any images of proof I got (I'm team hoverboard)
Wins: 12
Loss: 6
My splatfest power was 1659
And I made it into the top 100 players for team hoverboard!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom