Europe's December Splatfest: Films vs Books!

Film Fanatic or Bookworm?

• Team Film!

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Team Book!

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Well, if I could read books for fun and not have to worry about my ****ty English grades then I would've enjoyed reading more, obviously.
Ah, yeah... school... When you were forced to read books and do reviews on them afterwards. Sometimes the books were great, but the review-writing wasn't fun. And I was (still am!) shy and didn't want to speak in front of the class. I feel ya. :c

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
No question, Team Book for me.
It's great for me to concentrate on a book and then it puts me into a flow where I forget nearly everything around me. It also helps me to organize my thoughts, especially when the bad ones try to come through (diagnosed depression).
Some of my favourite books are Harry Potter, Warrior Cats, His dark materials, Sherlock Holmes and many Manga books of course.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I liked the first splatfests. But at the point where we got that poop (front role vs. back role) splatfest I lost all my hope of good splatfests. I mean NOTHING can be that stupid.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
I don't particularity care for ether topic, but I'm going for Team Film. Frankly, having to analyse Of Mice and Men for the umpteenth time has more-or-less ruined my enjoyment of the media.
You don't like books? *pushes glasses back on nose with a frown* Hmpf, maybe you just haven't read the right book yet, the book that will cause you to want to read many more.
Get me a copy of the Bombinomicon and then we can talk.
Why doesn't Europe get any Splatfests themed for the holidays in Sploon 2? Seems a bit unfair.
Because we have to have the bad Splatfests, didn't you check your script?!
But seriously, It's kinda of a running gag at this point.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Get me a copy of the Bombinomicon and then we can talk.
I had no idea what you were referring to, so I had to ask my ol' trust-worthy pal mr. Google and he said it's from a game I've never played before. And it seemed the achievement had nothing to do with real books either! 8-0

*goes back to reading "1984"* By the way, is it just me or is the book pretty... dull? I expected much more from it, to be honest. :oops: At least I'm done reading it soon. ^.^

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Why doesn't Europe get any Splatfests themed for the holidays in Sploon 2? Seems a bit unfair.
Arguably the biggest gripe I'm having with this theme regardless of its relevance to our region. I would've loved it at any other time of the year but skipping out on the opportunity to make it a cross-regional, holiday themed Splatfest seems cheap and yeah, frankly a bit unfair at this point. When the US region had their Halloween themed fest, we got Toilet Paper. A month later, we got a battle of the breakfasts while US was splatting out Sci-Fi vs. Fantasy. Now I can't wait for the US region to get something Christmas-related while we're having something rather unspectacular compared to that. It's yet another series of "the US region is getting the better themes" going on, while all of this is highly subjective, the up to now conistent skipping out on holiday events more or less sends us the signal that the EU region is the least important region to begin with.

But since this is the case right now, salting about it after the fact won't really help anyone so I'll just splat things out for team book. No amount of carpy assignments I had in school years is stopping me from defending my non-fiction genre and the occassional novels I'm reading like the overhyped Metro series lel.

.Chocolate

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8319-6524-5403
I actually couldn't choose between books or movies. The only reason I picked movies so I can play together with friends.

But for real. Books are way more enjoyable for me but since I don't have too much free time, I almost always end up watching a movie. How could I choose then?! :confused:

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Here my prediction before Im going to start up my switch to see the results.

Wins: I don't know. I think it's going to be somewhere close to 50% 50%. And I have no idea for the teams wins.
Popularity is definitely for Movies as I had way too much mirror matches in Movies.

Im happy with my own performance because I tried to get a good power and my record was over 2230 but I ended up beeing at 2120 or something there because of bad teams. I think I lost twice to team with a disconnected player. Even If I managed to win a game where my team had to handle a disconnected player on our team. And Im going to try to find a better weapon for the next splatfest.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Here my prediction before Im going to start up my switch to see the results.

Wins: I don't know. I think it's going to be somewhere close to 50% 50%. And I have no idea for the teams wins.
Popularity is definitely for Movies as I had way too much mirror matches in Movies.

Im happy with my own performance because I tried to get a good power and my record was over 2230 but I ended up beeing at 2120 or something there because of bad teams. I think I lost twice to team with a disconnected player. Even If I managed to win a game where my team had to handle a disconnected player on our team. And Im going to try to find a better weapon for the next splatfest.
If you've had way too much mirror matches with movies, then don't be surprised when it's another ketchup vs mayo match; because nintendo obviously wasn't thinking s*ht

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
If you've had way too much mirror matches with movies, then don't be surprised when it's another ketchup vs mayo match; because nintendo obviously wasn't thinking s*ht
Except that Movies still won as the more popular team. But yeah. It was another Ketchup vs. Mayo as Nintendo can't make balanced themes. It was still fun as my goal weren't just winning against Team Book but also get a high splatfest power. I will try to stay above 2200 power points next time as I was not able to hold that. Also not in the Breakfest battle (Warm vs. Cold). And I really want to see my name in the TOP100 list of the splatfest.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Except that Movies still won as the more popular team. But yeah. It was another Ketchup vs. Mayo as Nintendo can't make balanced themes. It was still fun as my goal weren't just winning against Team Book but also get a high splatfest power. I will try to stay above 2200 power points next time as I was not able to hold that. Also not in the Breakfest battle (Warm vs. Cold). And I really want to see my name in the TOP100 list of the splatfest.
Nintendo can make balanced themes, if they can make the switch which s really balanced and a smart idea; why can't they do that with such a simple thing? But yeah, I'm an S player and I can't get beyond 1800 points (meme)

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I can't get beyond 1800 points (meme)
I can't seem to get past 1,800 either XD, a large amount of my points lost I blame on disconnects cause my internet really hates Splatfest apparently -_-. would be nice to get points near to 2,000 :'3

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I can't seem to get past 1,800 either XD, a large amount of my points lost I blame on disconnects cause my internet really hates Splatfest apparently -_-. would be nice to get points near to 2,000 :'3
how does one get beyond 1800 points with gold dynamo

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Nobody gonna share HOW lopsided the popularity poll was? Alright, here it is.

Well, I'm not here to say I'm surprised films are more popular but it's still depressing how brutally unpopular the books side was. It felt like "no way we can win team matches now with how little we are" (in other words, there's not many powerful teams you can form basically) and I was right once the battle percentages came in. :| Oh well. I did quite walk quite the death spiral this time around. Started at 2050, dropped to 1807 or so, then worked my way up to 2040 again. Am I to blame? Is my team to blame? Nobody knows, but it was a fun ride. :p

how does one get beyond 1800 points with gold dynamo
Play on rotations where your weapon's strengths outweigh its weaknesses! ... though on that shifty station I would've said I have bad news for ya anyway - add the N-Zap 89 release wave and I can only say this much, there's a reason I switched to Bambi for this this fest instea of my usual E-Liter madness. :D

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
Well, I'm not here to say I'm surprised films are more popular but it's still depressing how brutally unpopular the books side was.
I know what you mean! I did expect to see films outweighing books, but not by THAT much.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I though that Movies win the Solo queue matches but never mind. I tried to make jokes up why team book guys are bad. For example, "Book reader spend so much time reading books, that they don't have enough time to improve in Splatoon2". But anyway. ALWAYS before a splatfests you have the feeling that the opinions are pretty much 50% 50%, even if it's logical not 50% 50% (front-role vs. back-role, for example). But if you then, filnally in the splatfests, sit here and get mirror match after mirror match it's kinda frunstrating as long as your are giving a f**k on your power. But I really want to be in the top 100 player list of a splatfest one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom