• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

F-Zero Social Thread: Show me ya moves!

LunarDistortion

Inkster Jr.
Either Nintendo is testing out how a F-Zero game would work with Wii U controls with 200cc and Big Blue/Mute City, or they're saying "There's probably not going to be another F-Zero game for a long while, enjoy this while you can." I certainly hope it's the former.

I myself am cautiously expecting an F-zero reveal at E3 this year, I'm not going to be surprised if nothing happens though.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Mario Kart 8's soundtrack is just amazing as it is, but the Mute City and Big Blue tracks are just something special.
I really enjoy the Mario Kart 8 soundtrack as well, but I have a friend who thinks the jazz style/saxophone is not good, and I've read where other people feel the same way, that they don't care for the style of music or think it sounds too much like "arcade music". I'm afraid I can't relate to that sentiment, and I can't even imagine why it sounding like arcade music would be weird or a bad thing. It's a Nintendo kart racing game, and Nintendo had its heyday in the time of arcades.

When I sent my friend a link to the DLC 2 trailer, he said he was disgusted by hearing "F-Zero music on a saxophone" but he ended up enjoying both new F-Zero courses and seems to like the DLC overall.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
I really enjoy the Mario Kart 8 soundtrack as well, but I have a friend who thinks the jazz style/saxophone is not good, and I've read where other people feel the same way, that they don't care for the style of music or think it sounds too much like "arcade music". I'm afraid I can't relate to that sentiment, and I can't even imagine why it sounding like arcade music would be weird or a bad thing. It's a Nintendo kart racing game, and Nintendo had its heyday in the time of arcades.

When I sent my friend a link to the DLC 2 trailer, he said he was disgusted by hearing "F-Zero music on a saxophone" but he ended up enjoying both new F-Zero courses and seems to like the DLC overall.
I enjoy the soundtrack for the most part, and I very much enjoy jazz, but the constant stream of saxophone starts to annoy me after a while.

It's almost on the same level of Pokemon Gen 3 for me. Those crappy compressed trumpet sounds will forever be etched into my brain.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I have the belief that there are good works in every genre of music. Be it rock, rap, orchestral, jazz, or any other type of music, there is always at least one great work or track from each genre. To dismiss an entire type of music because you don't like the majority of the genre is to limit your horizons. I like to have an open mind, and that means not placing any limits or barriers in the way of discovering new things. But that's just my philosophy, others are able to do what they like.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
What if Captain Falcon was not kill? Would he still have an F-Zero game?

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables

Arcade music... anyone remember that F-Zero arcade game? lol

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I love how much detail was put into both F zero courses in MK8. Aside from the incredible music, the track just feel so alive.

Especially on 200cc, when I legit feel like I'm playing f zero with Mario characters.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I have the belief that there are good works in every genre of music. Be it rock, rap, orchestral, jazz, or any other type of music, there is always at least one great work or track from each genre. To dismiss an entire type of music because you don't like the majority of the genre is to limit your horizons. I like to have an open mind, and that means not placing any limits or barriers in the way of discovering new things. But that's just my philosophy, others are able to do what they like.
He likes jazz, but he believes that the jazz in MK8 is not good jazz. Apparently there are others who share that belief. I'm actually inclined to agree that the game's music isn't really that stellar, but I also don't think it really tries to be or even needs to be. I think it suits the game appropriately for what it is.

AEM

The Saltsui no Hadou
Mario Kart 8's DLC is both really nice and really sad. On one hand, F-Zero is finally getting some content out of Smash, but on the other Mario Kart 8 kinda took a small portion of it's formula and is now using it's content as well.

Though, what has me confused is that the artwork used for Falcon in the amiibo menu is completely original. Is something actually happening with the franchise they have yet to show us, or was that just his Smash for Wii U Model (he and Fox have unique renders that look very similar to their appearance in Smash for Wii U). Though if they were using Smash 4 renders, why didn't Pac-Man and Mega Man use something similar? It's just kinda weird.

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
Arcade music... anyone remember that F-Zero arcade game? lol
You mean F-Zero AX? While I never personally have played that machine as it's absurdly hard to find, I know that you could unlock parts and such that you could then use in GX by inserting your memory card into the machine.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
Yeah that one, I remember seeing one in a theater in my area back then, but I don't think I ever got a chance to play it :(

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
Yeah that one, I remember seeing one in a theater in my area back then, but I don't think I ever got a chance to play it :(
Dang, that blows. I would kill to just be able to play the game now as I have GX. Want to unlock the AX content without going through very hard and master difficulty, lol

Flight

Pro Squid
I wish a new game came out. Maximum Velocity, X, and the original were loads of fun. Even though I'm really bad at them. lol
Never played GX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom