• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Favorite and most hated enemy? (In multiplayer)

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
My favorite enemy are the snipers, because they impress me with their shots - once I got picked off jumping mid-air.

Least favorite enemy are rollers - they just seem so smug when they get a kill, hehe.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I usually play Kelp Charger and I like it a lot when the other team also has a charger user, specially if he has a longer range weapon than mine. I see it as a challenge and make it my priority to take down that guy so he can´t harass my team. Sometimes I face a great player and we end up having great sniping duels. If I win it´s a great satisfaction, but if I loose it´s even better because I usually learn a thing or two from the guy who beat me and that helps me improve. Even if we are fighting far from the Splat Zone I think this helps the team as I am taking care of a dangerous asset of the enemy team: even if I can´t kill him, if I manage to keep him away from the Zone for enough time it´s the same as killing him and forcing a high respawn time. Also, this usually has a psicological effect on them, even when they reach a good position they can´t properly concentrate on sniping my allies as they know sooner or later I´ll be coming from them from an unexpected place. Using the sprinkler in this situation to get on their nerves is great ;)

My most hated enemy may be the Blaster: those guys can easily kill you from below with just one shot. Squelchers are on the list too, due to their long range; you really have to be careful when fighting them. Rollers in some maps (Underpass and Skate Park) are a pain too, but they are easy prey almost everywhere else.

So what are your favorite and most hated enemies? Also say what weapon you use.
Pretty much the same for me, squelchers are usually one of my biggest threats and I hate how blasters don't even need to hit me directly. I prefer to be on some high ground so I can see where everyone is and get a clear shot, but someone with a blaster can usually take me out from below if they get in close.

Linq

Inkling
NNID
LegendOfLinq
Most hated are them .52 Gal Decos, honorable mention to vanilla .52 gal and .96 gal. If there's ever a "Wait, how did I die?" moment, it's a .52 gal deco. I really like going against good Eliter 3K users, gives me a chance to see how high the skill cap is. As for cannon fodder, I'd say krak-on rollers, as they never seem to know what they're doing.
I use the Inkbrush, Nozzlenose, Eliter 3k, and Splattershot Pro.

Krak-On Kraken

Inkling
NNID
Konofox
I love anyone and everyone who has a bad aim.

I hate E-Liter 3Ks the most. It's ridiculous how the good ones can just splat you from halfway across the map (and even knowing that they probably deserve that splat if they can actually aim that well, my fragile ego can't cope with things like that).

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
I hate people who use Bubblers and Krakens when they're about to die. To me. It pisses me off to no end because I should be the one standing up, they made the mistake of putting their back to me and letting me shoot them and next thing I'm all over the floor.

Krakens are avoidable now but Bubblers are just instant death in 90% of situations. I understand it's the best way of using it and I've done it a couple times myself but it's still incredibly frustrating.

My favorite are ironically the post-patch kraken users that still make a beeline to you not realizing you can shoot them to resist them. I had this dude try and use a Kraken to kill me and a teammate and we just both shot at him standing in one spot until it ran out and he just died instantly. He didn't even try to move to a different target, he kept chugging forward like he might have been able to challenge it somehow. It was probably a little kid considering that but it was still funny as hell and cathartic to experience.

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
I hate people who use Bubblers and Krakens when they're about to die. To me. It pisses me off to no end because I should be the one standing up, they made the mistake of putting their back to me and letting me shoot them and next thing I'm all over the floor.

Krakens are avoidable now but Bubblers are just instant death in 90% of situations. I understand it's the best way of using it and I've done it a couple times myself but it's still incredibly frustrating.

My favorite are ironically the post-patch kraken users that still make a beeline to you not realizing you can shoot them to resist them. I had this dude try and use a Kraken to kill me and a teammate and we just both shot at him standing in one spot until it ran out and he just died instantly. He didn't even try to move to a different target, he kept chugging forward like he might have been able to challenge it somehow. It was probably a little kid considering that but it was still funny as hell and cathartic to experience.
As someone who uses the Kraken special to kill people who think they are about to kill you - that's part of the game. You can tell someone has their special ready because they start glowing.

if it makes you feel better, there are plenty of times I hit my special right when I am about to die and it doesn't go off. Then you lose your special bar, but you should still be alive!

As for the bubblers, yes, they are annoying, but if I see someone hit that bubbler I retreat immediately and just wait it out and then charge them right when it goes out. I actually say "good for you" in a snarky way whenever someone kills me because of bubbler or kraken.

I know what you mean about you sneaking up to kill someone, they don't see you, you get the drop on them, and somehow they magically kill you. And it is never som ace player, it is always a noob that just magically turned and hit kill button by accident.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
The camping snipers! They provide 0 support for winning Splat Zones when they're on your team, and they always kill my Roller a** when they're on the other team... I. hate. them.

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
Favorite: Bad Rollers. Yep, when I'm shooting you in the face, just keep rolling right at me. Don't press ZR or anything, just keep walking.
Least Favorite: Laggy Rollers. I love getting splatted by a roller throwing his/her paint in the opposite direction, it's terrific.

Mazzle

Inkling
NNID
Mazzle
Favorite: Bad Rollers. Yep, when I'm shooting you in the face, just keep rolling right at me. Don't press ZR or anything, just keep walking.
Least Favorite: Laggy Rollers. I love getting splatted by a roller throwing his/her paint in the opposite direction, it's terrific.
I can feel you bruh. Yestersay I had one with at least 5 SECONDS lag. I also had once someone I killed but his ink came just towards me and killed me aftewards. I mean what the hell!? I understand that this games needs a good upload speed but THIS!?

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Favorite: Anything that doesn't have Kraken and isn't a roller.

Least Favorite: JPN rollers and 96 gal.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Favourite: Bad rollers / chargers

Most hated: Good gold dynamo rollers; so many senseless deaths...

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Favorite: short ranged users who try and directly gunslinger head on my .96 gal from a distance. Such an easy splat.
As an E-Liter 3k user, I like players who think they have me close/mid-range and then get splat bombed in the face.

Least favorite: Splattershot Pro users. I swear they shouldn't have that much range.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Least Favorite: Chargers (especially the E-Liter 3K), Dinamo Rollers, Krakens, Bubblers and Inkzookas.

Favorite: Anything that lets me hit them twice with my .96 Gal :ability_damage:

Oniric

Inkster Jr.
Sneaky rollers are my weakness, I swear that's one of the reason I'm currently playing weapons that have locators in it or blasters which counter rollers.
Everything else is fun to fight against, there's no unbalance.

probably_annie

Inkling
NNID
benphan0sky
favorite enemies: splattershots who don't realize i'm coming. (or really anyone i get to sneak attack in general)
least favorite enemies: splattershots who do realize i'm coming, luna blasters in tower control, and overtime.

Beerox

Inkster Jr.
Least Favorite: Snipers in the mall. A good player can dominate the center, and I have yet to figure out how to get past them. Just scurry and pray.
Favorite: Rollers in the Kelp Dome. Big area, easy to control them with a mid range weapon, and pretty easy to escape the Kraken.

Honorable least favorite mention to anyone who bubbles the moment I hit them. Darghhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom