Favorite/Least Favorite Weapons?

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I've been playing a lot and have been wondering what weapons people love and what weapons people hate. You can list them or just talk about them it doesn't matter to me.

Favorite
1. Inkbrush
2. Bamboozler
3. Custom Blaster
4. Rapid Blaster Deco (Not enjoying it that much anymore)
5. New Squiffer

Least Favorite
1. Krak-On Splat Roller (As a flanker it makes me livid when I sneak up on them just to get killed by there Kraken)
2.E-Litre 3K (Can I move please?)
3.H-3 Nozzlenose (Love hate for this weapon. Love it's skill ceiling, hate it's subs. They just don't work)
4. Inkbrush Nouveau (Main it. Still really want a better Inkbrush set. Like the H-3 it just doesn't synergize well)
5. 96. Gal Deco (RNGesus to the rescue)

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My favorite would be the Heavy Splatling (gotta love that firepower), and least favorite from the ones I've used would go to the Splat Roller (although I did use it when the game came out, so it might just have been inexperience). Now my least favorite to fight would be the Custom E-Liter 3k Scoped, followed very closely by the Rapid Blaster Pro and anything else that has an Inkzooka

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Favorite:

Carbon Roller Deco
.52 Gal Deco
.96 Gal
Classic Squiffer
Tri-Slosher

Least favorite:

E-Liter 3K and variations
Any scope charger
Dynamo Roller
L-3 / H-3 Nozzlenose

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Well- I'll put down the weapons I'm willin' to use within matches.

Favorite:
1. Octobrush (YOU KNOW HOW IT IS BOY! BEST WEAPON ON THE BLOCK!)
2. Inkbrush (My sweet baby weapon. Pretty much once I got this at level 8, I stuck to learnin' this weapon. <3)
3. Splash-o-matic (One word... BAMBS!)
4. Mini Splatling (Cute lookin' and fun to shoot. uvu)b )

Least Favorite:
1. Inkbrush Nouveau (UGGGGGGGGH, I HATE TRYIN' TO LEARN HOW TO USE A BUBBLER AND MINES. LIKE IT'S SO WEIRD TO ME.)
2. Octoshot Replica (I don't know how to aim. I just... DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHOOT. I'M A BRUSHIE, NOT A SHOOTER.)
3. Slosher (I don't hate this weapon but I prefer other weapons than the bucket. But I'll get the hang of it soon.)
4. Heavy Splatling (Too slow for me. I rather use the Mini Splat. Fast weapons are better.)
5. Every other weapon I choose not to use. =^) (All those other weapons are just things I use for fun with my squad but I will never ever main them.)

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Least Favorite:
1. Inkbrush Nouveau (UGGGGGGGGH, I HATE TRYIN' TO LEARN HOW TO USE A BUBBLER AND MINES. LIKE IT'S SO WEIRD TO ME.)
It's not even hard to use imo. It's just ugggggggg this set doesn't work and it's a damn shame it's the only thing the Inkbrush is getting.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
It's not even hard to use imo. It's just ugggggggg this set doesn't work and it's a damn shame it's the only thing the Inkbrush is getting.
You're right It's not too hard to use, but I'm so use to sprinklers and inkstikes, sometime I accidentally use the mines when I thought I had a sprinkler. ='^)
I just- really dislike that one the most outta all the brushes. So I gave it the nickname of the "Nasty Brush".
Besides, everyone I know who uses a brush in the lobbies normally love to mess me over with this because it just gotta have the bubbler. I THOUGHT THEY'RE A NORMAL BRUSH. NOT THE NASTY ONE!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Favorite gun...gosh that's hard...

Since top 5 seems to be acceptable, here are mine in no particular order:

1) Octoshot (Tentatek) - I used the tentatek until I got my precious octoshot. This is arguably my favorite gun.
2) .52 Gal Deco - while I like the vanilla version and I often use it in ranked, my first love was the .52 Deco. I still love ink strikes, and this weapon offers a good TTK as well as ink strikes. Seekers, while not great, have niche uses as well.
3) Carbon Roller - like most people, I cut my teeth on the Krak-On, but when the Carbon came out I fell in love. Easily my favorite assassin type weapon.
4) Custom Jet Squelcher - although I started with the vanilla version, once I tried the more aggressive and more versatile Custom version, I haven't looked back. Great range, great subs, great special. Top of the line.
5) X-o-Matics of all kinds - I realize this is cheating a bit because there are three weapons represented, but I really like all of the o-matics.

Least favorite:
Chargers. Any of them. I've used the squiffer and bamboozler a bit, but they just make me mad.
Blasters. I can use the rapid blastes and lunas, but they just don't really suit me.
Ink Brushes. I love the idea behind them, but I have trouble making them work.
Nozzelnoses. I really like the kit to the vanilla L-3, but I suck at semi-automatic.
Mini-Splatling. Just give me a tentatek...

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
Favorite:
Bambozzler 14 MK I (I'm really excited forthe MK II hope we get it soon)
Classic Squiffer
L-3 Nozzlenose D
Both Splattershot Pros

Least favorite:
All rollers but the Carbon, I like the Carbon Roller
Luna Blaster
Aerospray RG, MG is nice
Custom Splattershot Jr.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Favorite:
1) Octobrush (It's like the Inkbrush, but with power. And the Kraken.)
2) Tri-Slosher (Disruptor/Bubbler just works so damn well for me)
3) Inkbrush (SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED also Sprinkler/Inkstrike)
4) Splash-O-Matic (The first of two Suction Bomb Rush weapons. It has more speed, and I like speed, so it edges out the other option)
5) Rapid Blaster Deco (The other Suction Bomb Rush weapon. It has more range, and the overall goodness of Suction Bombs make it worth using for me)

Least Favorite (No Order):
E-Liters (I know they're good weapons, but they just aren't my kind of weapon. Still, I try to use them sometimes, with varying degrees of failure. They're fun, but not something I would use seriously)
.96 Gal Deco (Why did this have to have Splash Wall/Kraken? I could put this under Annoying To Deal With, but it's just so annoying to deal with that it ends up here instead)
Tentatek Splattershot (I tried it, but I've never particularly liked it. And it's everywhere in Ranked, at least when I'm playing solo, which is kind of annoying)

Annoying To Deal With (Again, No Order):
Good Chargers (So, so annoying. That's just good play on their part, but still. Annoying)
Rollers (Admittedly they're mostly on here because of my weapon choices, but it's so hard to fight Rollers with close-range weapons (I get that that's the idea of Rollers, but it's still annoying))
Blasters (Pretty much only on Tower Control, where they're extremely annoying when I'm riding the Tower. Otherwise they're managable)

Other (Again, No Order):
H3 Nozzlenose (I like its loadout, but the gun itself just isn't my thing. It's getting a range increase soon though, so I'll have to check it out)
Inkbrush Nouveau (It's fun, but difficult for me to make work, mostly because of Ink Mines. Bubbler's cool tho)
Carbon Roller Deco (I love Seeker Rush, but I can't use this thing outside of a very short list of maps on which Seekers don't suck (that list being Triggerfish, Mackerel, Walleye, Hammerhead) and a couple of others where they're alright (Arowana, Kelp Dome))
Regular & Kelp Splatterscope (I want to like 'em, but I don't Charger very well. Still, they're good fun)
N-Zap '89 (Sprinkler/Inkstrike is a good loadout, and the range is nice, but it's not something I'm consistently good with)
.52 Gal Deco (Used to use it all the time. I haven't in a while, but I still like it)
Aerospray MG (I've had some success with it, and it's really good for covering areas, but I don't use it very often)
Heavy Splatling (I like it, but I suck with it. Deco version has Kraken!)
Mini Splatling (A contender for the Favorite list, but the loadout keeps it out for now. We'll see if that changes when the Disruptor/Bubbler version drops)
Slosher (I don't like it as much as the Tri-Slosher, but it's quite alright)
Splattershot Jr. (I love the loadout, but the gun itself isn't that good. Still, it's a solid fallback choice for Splatfests, and maybe Ranked)
Octoshot Replica (I don't hate it as much as the Tentatek, pretty much solely because it looks different. Good enough reason for me!)

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Favorite:
1. Heavy Splatling (Deco) (Unreleased)
2. Hydra Splatling (Custom) (Unreleased)
3. Zinc Mini Splatling (Unreleased)
4. Splat Roller (Krak-on)

Least Favorite:
1. 96 Gal (Deco)- I don't have the patience to try and shoot someone with this... so I envy those who use them well...
2. Sploosh-o-matic- A joke weapon which seems to be popular in the eastern area
3. Mini Splatling- It's a nice weapon but it deserves better hence why the zinc version will feel better
4. Krak-on Splat Roller- I feel you are very limited when using this weapon

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Favorite: Splash-O-Matic: Love both the design and stats, a really comfortable and fun weapon to use. The aim and coverage are great, and Suction Bomb Rush is my second favorite special.

Least Favorite: Forge Splattershot Pro: I never really figured out to use this thing, the poor ink coverage and efficiency always gets me. Also comes with the salt inducing Inkzooka.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Just an update, because I can...

I've been experimenting with the Splattershot Pro/Forge since the last Splatfest and I really like it. I just got to get used to keeping a distance and leading enemies, but I think this could be my new main.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Favorite:
1. Heavy Splatling (Deco) (Unreleased)
2. Hydra Splatling (Custom) (Unreleased)
3. Zinc Mini Splatling (Unreleased)
Legit question. How do you know you'll like them enough to be in your top 5 when there not even out yet? And wait you put both Krak-On Roller in favorite and least favorite. Da faq?

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Legit question. How do you know you'll like them enough to be in your top 5 when there not even out yet? And wait you put both Krak-On Roller in favorite and least favorite. Da faq?
their loadouts (which are quite nice in my opinion) x:
and for krak-on roller it's like a love/hate thing for it

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
But..but..Hydra Splatling?
the range... it's longer than jet squelcher which makes it like a splatling/charger hybrid (with e-liter charge up...)
and I main them so...

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
My favourites

Tied 1st: Rapid Blaster Deco (The rhythm this weapon creates! I love it! Plus i can use it too xD) and Custom Range blaster (a great weapon, and fits right in with the way i play).
3rd: Slosher. (Bucket.)
4th: Sploosh-O-Matic
5th: Splattershot

Least favourites.
1st The Regular Splatroller. (I've forgotten that this is actually used by people...A lot of times. To the point where i mistake them for the Krak-On roller)
2nd: Luna Blaster. (I used to like it. But i never felt it being useful to me. I mean sure i got a lot of splats, but it didn't seem very rewarding to me.)
3rd: Octobrush. (This weapon is bundles of chaos one i'd say more so than Suction rush. There are great users of this weapon that i envy.)
4th: Neo Splash-O-matic. (It's basically a wanabe Tentatek.

With honourable mention to the 96 Gal (Deco or not)...."pa pa pa pa pa pa pa" it's hilarious in how this weapon shoots it's so slow for a shooter. Compare that to the Splatling, and consider both their warcries.
*Splatling revs up* "GRAAAAAAHHH!!! Prepare to meet your doom!" *starts firing*
*96 gal starts firing* "pa pa pa pa pa pa pa pa"

Everything else is okay.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
Favourites in no particular order:
- Aerospray (both of them): mostly for being point-monsters. I admit I kinda abandoned my RG by now but I literally played it nonstop until the game stopped counting points with it x'D Might get back to the MG at some time (not that I personally need the points but still) though
- E-Liter: It's the range that got me x'D I prefer the vanilla ones over Scopes because I can't really get warm with the tunnel vision scopes get you into (tried to play Splatterscope before it as my first Charger and was put off sniping for a long while), I prefer to have some overview. Combined with the range it packs, it's definitely my favourite Charger. Sure, you need some practise to make it work well, but I think it pays off.
- Splattershot/Octoshot: standart and versatile, idk what else to say. I just like them.
(as you can see, I'm not alternating that much between weapon types *cough*)

- .96 Gal: I know it's got great power and all, but I just hate how it slows you down to a crawl when walking and shooting at the same time. I know, there's ways around that, but... no. While not one of my favourites, I like the .52s much better.
- Dynamo Rollers: I'm not a fan of Rollers to begin with (I can't make them work at all, I didn't even finish the Amiibo challenges orz), but this big, heavy... thing... is just... so slow... so unhandy... idk. I tried it out several times now trying to get a hang of the swing timing and all and it's just... no.

And the rest I'm pretty neutral about. I don't really like Blasters in general (I don't even own a single one I think), but I wouldn't say I hate them or anything. I'm just not interested in using them at all. Same goes for the rest of the Rollers. In terms of Shooters, Sloshers etc. it's like... I sometimes use them when I feel like it, but I usually go back to my favourites at some point or another. I try to vary between my weapons some more lately, but I need some better loadouts orz

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
Favorites
1. The e-liter (yes i'm that guy) i love the range and the burst bombs and how i use them probably make people snap their controller in half.
2.Custom jet squlcher I love that I can out range everyone (until I see that laser pointer) and they can't touch me and it's subs are my favorite and the kraken is great for ambushes
3.Carbon roller deco (Hey you want to play battleship?) i love how you can use the boats to travel quickly and unseen :ability_ninjasquid: and it's great to watch people try and try to stop my boat rush
4.Inkbrush (hit and runs are so much fun with this weapon) While I only use this on splatfest because I can't use it well enough in ranked it is so much fun to pop up and paint them away
5. Splatterscope (ah my first main weapon) I loved it because I could hit people and they couldn't hit me plus bomb rush was always fun

Hated
1.96 Gal deco (all hate) this weapon has my most hated sub and the only time you would get a guarantied kill it will always have a kraken ready and when you get killed you have no time to react because it's a two shot ( I have died to this weapon more then any other)
2.52 Gal (which everyone has the wall) same as 96 but faster shooting and an inkzooka
3. e-liter scope (both) (why nintendo why) I never could use the scope it felt so awkward and with a scope it magically gets more range and with the custom having a kraken it's a pain to take out and basically makes me useless when I have a e-liter, and they choose only one way access places to snipe.
4. :inkzooka: I hate this special I always seem to die by this thing it's not a cheap special but I always feel robbed when I die out of nowhere plus for some reason I can't seem to dodge it, and I can't use it so the carbon roller I can't use (RIP burst bombs)
5. Dynamo Roller (so this is how I die) this weapon I can't use but it's a fair weapon it's just that moment of looking to your side and seeing him with his roller I the air and knowing there is nothing you can do to stop him he also has splash walls but I can see why he would need them.

Shout out to the under rated specials:kraken: for being the best surprise a squid could ask for and :echolocator: for letting me know about surprise kids and staring into peoples souls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom