• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

favorite weapon?

Favorite weapon?

• Total voters

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I really love to play the (Custom) Hydra Splatling. It's oddly satisfying to tear squids to shreds from a distance. You almost feel like a real Hydra when you play with this weapon :p

NNID
Geomancy-paw
I'm a pretty broken record about this, but I lovelovelove the Custom Hydra Splatling XD It's so large and imposing, cool-looking to boot... and it goes vroomy. I can kill everything with this weapon, I love catching people who underestimate me by surprise with it, and I love annoying my friends with it. I'm so in love and so proud of being able to use this weapon it's not even funny, lol.

Also E-liters for mostly the same reasons. I'm not great at it yet and I hate fighting them, but damn, it's a cool-looking weapon. Let's talk about that BWOOSH sound it makes when you fire that sucker at full charge. Powerful!

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Jet Squelcher. It's the best feeling in the world when you can out range and move just as fast as most other weapons. Even if they can get anywhere near you, you can just chuck a splash wall in their face and kill them!

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Heavy Metal Splatling (aka, Heavy Splatling Remix). Finally a long range support weapon with a kit that I always use :D

Maave

Inkling Commander
Neo Splash-o-Matic with a ton of sub saver. Bombs for days! It's "short range" but it shoots straight so it's easy to use at the edge of its range. I play very aggressively with it.

Shorrin

Inkling
NNID
Namieami
Tri Slosher Nouveau. I play very defensively, so I feel the Echolocator and the Seekers give me an edge when I'm defending my base.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
(rips off shirt to reveal another shirt that says OCTOBRUSH 4 LIFE)

i've loved the octobrush since it was released, it suits my playstyle PERFECTLY, it's so satisfying to kill with it, it's exceedingly powerful when you play it right, both set-ups are amazing, and i love the aesthetic. perfect weapon 10/10

NNID
llSTALEYll
Favorite weapons: splattershot (reg)., kelp splat charger scope, splat roller (reg). and dynamo roller(reg). blaster (reg).
Favorite sub weapons: disruptor, burst bombs, sprinkler, suction bomb, splat bomb and splat wall
Favorite specials: wail *love this my favorite*, echolocator, burst bomb rush and ink strike.

I need these responses because I am making a youtube video, so these are important.

my top 3 favs are Gold dynamo roller, Hydra splatling, and N-zap 83

Last edited by a moderator:

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Did this post just get hella necro'd? Seems like it did, but if the above is true then I'll cast in my two cents. I can narrow it down to like, 6, right now at least.

6. Brushes. Either kind. For messin' around and stuff I consider brushes the msot fun weapon in the game. They aren't higher because they are a bit obnoxious to use in a lot of situations and aren't as satisfying otherwise, but definitely fun.

5. Squiffer. Quickly becoming something of a favourite of mine after talking tactics and strategy with Lean, I find the Squiffer is kinda like the opposite of the Brushes. It's not as fun, but it's very satifying to do well with. I sometimes host all-Squiffer turf war lobbies on r/Splatoons discord or my team server.

4. Custom Dual Squelcher. This one is actually my true main, it's my highest ink'd weapon with my favourite kit and my most solid consistent weapon. It's not higher becuse frankly it's kinda boring, but it's just so solid and comfortable to me I use it like, alllll the time. No weapon is truly boring when playing Splatoon however.

3. Sloshers. Good old bucket. I mean, do I actually need to explain to you why sloshers are fantastic? Now I don't think so but I will anyway. Get ink, dump it on enemy squiddos. Nothing like having a vantage and plopping buckets of ink on your enemies.

2. Rapid Blaster. Another one like squiffer, not terribly fun in comparison to the rest of this list(Which still means really fun) but immensely satisfying. This is my most aggressive weapon and I have the most general success mounting offensive actions with this weapon. I tend to get a lot of kills playing with it, and I have an adorable gear set for it (The complete squid girl). Not even the squiffer makes me feel as skillful as getting a high K/D with the Rapid.

1. Splatlings. Probably the most balanced of all the weapons listed here between fun and skill and effectiveness. Generally though the best thing about it is the cool aesthetic of being a big-*** weapon that shoots a lot v(▼ω▼メ)ゞ. I like heavy weapons, and generally being heavy weapons support or just good old support in general in most games and that's tru eof Splatoon too, hence my favourite kit being Beakons and Wail. I like the Heavy and Hydra most because I can just be a weapon platform in a lot of situations and turf hard and lay down suppressive fire from a vantage. In other games, I'd like being the healer, or artillery, or utility and in Splatoon I like being a big old gun with an Inkling attached.

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Did this post just get hella necro'd? Seems like it did, but if the above is true then I'll cast in my two cents. I can narrow it down to like, 6, right now at least.

6. Brushes. Either kind. For messin' around and stuff I consider brushes the msot fun weapon in the game. They aren't higher because they are a bit obnoxious to use in a lot of situations and aren't as satisfying otherwise, but definitely fun.

5. Squiffer. Quickly becoming something of a favourite of mine after talking tactics and strategy with Lean, I find the Squiffer is kinda like the opposite of the Brushes. It's not as fun, but it's very satifying to do well with. I sometimes host all-Squiffer turf war lobbies on r/Splatoons discord or my team server.

4. Custom Dual Squelcher. This one is actually my true main, it's my highest ink'd weapon with my favourite kit and my most solid consistent weapon. It's not higher becuse frankly it's kinda boring, but it's just so solid and comfortable to me I use it like, alllll the time. No weapon is truly boring when playing Splatoon however.

3. Sloshers. Good old bucket. I mean, do I actually need to explain to you why sloshers are fantastic? Now I don't think so but I will anyway. Get ink, dump it on enemy squiddos. Nothing like having a vantage and plopping buckets of ink on your enemies.

2. Rapid Blaster. Another one like squiffer, not terribly fun in comparison to the rest of this list(Which still means really fun) but immensely satisfying. This is my most aggressive weapon and I have the most general success mounting offensive actions with this weapon. I tend to get a lot of kills playing with it, and I have an adorable gear set for it (The complete squid girl). Not even the squiffer makes me feel as skillful as getting a high K/D with the Rapid.

1. Splatlings. Probably the most balanced of all the weapons listed here between fun and skill and effectiveness. Generally though the best thing about it is the cool aesthetic of being a big-*** weapon that shoots a lot v(▼ω▼メ)ゞ. I like heavy weapons, and generally being heavy weapons support or just good old support in general in most games and that's tru eof Splatoon too, hence my favourite kit being Beakons and Wail. I like the Heavy and Hydra most because I can just be a weapon platform in a lot of situations and turf hard and lay down suppressive fire from a vantage. In other games, I'd like being the healer, or artillery, or utility and in Splatoon I like being a big old gun with an Inkling attached.
I merged 3 threads that were about the same thing. One was made today.

spoxbox

Full Squid
NNID
Spoxbox
Classic Squiffer. By far my favorite weapon in the game, and the only one i have max turf inked with. I also like to use the Fresh Squiffer from time to time, and I don't really touch the New Squiffer. Regardless, the main weapon itself is extremely satisfying to use when you can get multiple splats back to back.

I'm a fairly avid user of the Grim Range Blaster since it was really the only one that appealed to me, and I'm currently trying to learn the L-3 Nozzlenose D. I tend to gravitate towards mid-range weapons that reward spacing, but there's not a specific weapon class that I enjoy more than the others. I just see a weapon and I'm like: "Hey this thing looks fun".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom