Favourite and Least Favourite Stages!

smittythesquid

Inkling
Hello, fellow squids! This thread is for talking about your personal favourite and least favourite stages and why, for every mode.

Turf War:

Favourite: Kelp Dome. I just love how open this stage is. This is the best designed stage in the game in my opinion. Also, my high score is on this stage, so I am a bit biased. Other favourites include, in no order, Camp Triggerfish, Arowana Mall, Blackbelly Skatepark, and Saltspray Rig.

Least Favourite: Moray Towers. Imo, the vertically in this stage makes it very annoying for an Aerospray RG user, like myself. I frequently die and also lose on this stage, and it is so different from all the other maps that it ends up not being fun to play on. My other two least favourites are Port Mackerel and Bluefin Depot.

Splat Zones:

Favourite: Arowana Mall. This stage is my favourite Splat Zones stage. I like taking the side route to the middle, where I can try to sneakily cover the zone. I also love how there is only one big zone, instead of two small ones like other maps, and the slight verticality in the zone. Other favourites are Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Urchin Underpass, and Walleye Warehouse.

Least Favourite: Moray Towers. This one is my least favourite, mostly because of the two small zones instead of one large one in the centre. Because of this, I find it very difficult to be in control of both zones, and nearly all of my matches I play neither time fully counts down their clock to 0. Other least favourites of mine are any other double zone maps. I am too tired to think of them all, but I find these maps to be extremely frustrating to play on, due to reasons listed above.

Tower Control:

Personally, I rarely ever play Tower Control because it is by far my least favourite mode for reasons I won't get into right now. Therefore, I do not know the Tower Control stages very well.

Okay guys, that was all of my favourites and least favourites. Feel free to comment me yours!

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
Favorite Stages: Port Mackerel,Walleye Warehouse, and Kelp Dome

Least Favorite: by far Bluefin Depot god i hate that stage.

Wafty

Inkling
NNID
WaftyIsGassy
Bluefin Depot is my favorite map BY far.
Moray Tower is least favorite.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Please post threads in the appropriate board. This is about maps, so it goes on the Maps board.

Toadie

Inkling
Arowana Mall is the cancer of all cancers. 1 choke point. And difficult to adapt to because you can't change midway.

Novakobx22

Inkling
My favorites are Moray Towers, Saltspray Rig, Bluefin Depot, and Kelp Dome.
My least favorites are Blackbelly Skatepark, Arowana Mall, and the old Urchin Underpass.

polysaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
laffysapphy
turf wars:
my favorite is definitely kelp dome. great for racking up points.
least favorite is probably saltspray rig just because it rides so much on who has the upper area and theres only one entrance to it.

splat zones:
favorite is blackbelly skatepark. i use the carbon roller and octobrush and both are pretty good at getting up the central tower and controlling the zones quickly.
least favorite is moray towers probably. sniper hell. arowana for the same reason.

tower control:
this one im not so sure of but i like saltspray and walleye a lot. not a fan of moray towers in this mode either.

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
Overall I'd say my favorites are Moray towers, Blackbelly Skatepark and Port Mackerel
least favorite would probably be Arowana Mall

buildz

Inkling
NNID
jBuildz17
I actually don't mind any maps. I like them all - they're all unique, and with that, they all bring very different strategies.

Except Moray Towers. Strategy = get a roller and flick aimlessly, or use a charger.

picopepin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
picopepin
Fave stage has to be walleye warehouse or port mackerel. (and im secretly really in love with moray towers for all the jumping since i try to avoid that mid battle so the climb down is really gratifying)

Least favorite by far is arowana mall there is no where for a shooter to go youre underneath everything or youre on the corners where the chargers roost. they need to widen the middle area a little bit i feel. splat zones is a little bit better with that connecting ramp but no coverage at all for me :<

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Fave stage has to be walleye warehouse or port mackerel. (and im secretly really in love with moray towers for all the jumping since i try to avoid that mid battle so the climb down is really gratifying)

Least favorite by far is arowana mall there is no where for a shooter to go youre underneath everything or youre on the corners where the chargers roost. they need to widen the middle area a little bit i feel. splat zones is a little bit better with that connecting ramp but no coverage at all for me :<
Oh, they made Aroma Mall fantastic now. Lots of room and easier to flank. I took on the role of Sniper Killer in one game with the Nozzlenose. I killed the other teams Sniper 3 times. It was fabolous. Aroma Mall may have jump to my least to one of my favs just like that!

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Turf War
Favorite: Camp Triggerfish
Least Favorite: Moray Towers

Splat Zones
Favorite: Moray Towers (so ironic ^)
Least Favorite: Blackbelly Skatepark

Tower Control
Favorite: Bluefin Depot
Least Favorite: Kelp Dome

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
Turf War
Favorite: Blackbelly Skatepark
Least Favorite: Port Mackerel

Splat Zones
Favorite: Moray Towers

Tower Control
Favorite: Bluefin Depot

In case I'm being too subtle, I don't like Port Mackerel.

Megatastic

Inkling
NNID
Megatastic
Turf War:
Favourite - Port Mackerel, Kelp Dome and Camp Triggerfish
Least favourite - Saltspray Rig

Splat Zone
Favourite - Camp Triggerfish, Blackbelly Skatepark and Saltspray Rig
Least favourite - Moray Towers

Tower Control
Favourite - Saltspray Rig and Arowana Mall
Least favourite - Moray Towers

sammich

Inkling Cadet
favorite: probably walleye warehouse. i generally know how to work this stage pretty well. i like saltspray a lot as well, but sometimes i have trouble navigating over pipes and i find myself getting angrier at my teammates here than on other stages i like.

least: used to be pretty much a tie between urchin underpass and blackbelly... but now the old underpass is gone, and somewhere along the way i figured out how to not be horribly overwhelmed by ambushing rollers on blackbelly. maybe it's mackerel or kelp dome? i still like these stages, but it's frustrating on mackerel when enemies turn it around at the last second after a whole match of domination and the side paths offer very little in terms of aid... whenever this stage is chosen i get a little uncomfortable because i know i'm going to have to work really hard. kelp dome... i actually enjoy moving around on this stage, but even if i'm killing enemies left and right it doesn't mean i'm dominating. in turf wars, i can ink the whole time and have more than 1400p and 10-15 KOs and still lose. there's just so much room...

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
If you main chargers, then avoid this map at all costs.
That's interesting. I main Kelp Splat Charger and totally fell in love with New Underpass after few rounds. I'm not sure how E-Liters play this map, but I could imagine them having a harder time as they are basically unable to do anything in close combat. As it's very wide, I like to just run around the center and occasionally I climb up the nest on the enemy's side for some easy kills when players enter the center area.

Same for Mall. Even though Nintendo made life for chargers a little harder here, it's probably my 2nd-favorite map again.

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
That's interesting. I main Kelp Splat Charger and totally fell in love with New Underpass after few rounds. I'm not sure how E-Liters play this map, but I could imagine them having a harder time as they are basically unable to do anything in close combat. As it's very wide, I like to just run around the center and occasionally I climb up the nest on the enemy's side for some easy kills when players enter the center area.

Same for Mall. Even though Nintendo made life for chargers a little harder here, it's probably my 2nd-favorite map again.
Do you usually snipe from the left area that you enter through under the fence, or the right area that always escapes the other team's visage?

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Right area only. But only when I can easily get there without the risk of dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom