• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Final Splatfest Result Story Theory/Specualtion

Cephalobro

With the final Splatfest being revealed to be Chaos vs Order, this will definitely affect the story of Splatoon 3. The artwork seems to suggest that this one will be an even bigger deal than the Callie vs Marie Splatfest that decided who gets kidnapped in Octo Canyon. We not only see the entirety of the New Squidbeak Splatoon picking sides, but we also see the antagonists picking sides and low and behold, DJ Octavio is the only Octarian in the artwork being on the Chaos side, which it has the Salmonids instead. The Splatoon 3 story can have two outcomes.

If Chaos wins:

Inkopolis society crumbles due to the overreliance on the Great Zapfish and everything becomes a harsher world to live in. Salmonids now walk on cephalopod turf, forcing cephalopods to rely on Grizzco to wipe out the invading Salmonids. Somewhere along the line, Commander Tartar is somehow fixed and begins to have the desire to destroy the world again. It plans to Sanitize even more Octarians to bring destruction to Inkopolis. The only solution to this problem is to defeat Commander Tartar again and bring civilization back to the world.

If Order wins:

Inkopolis becomes technologically advanced thanks to Inklings accepting Octarians into the city and this time, the Inklings know the Octarians are on the surface, but both species managed to co-exist peacefully once more. However, DJ Octavio uses this chance to take control of Inkopolis and become a ruler with an iron fist, forcing everybody to follow his rules or face charges. As a result, the New Squidbeak Splatoon now has more members, some of them even being Octarians other than Octolings. DJ Octavio then proceeds to use the Salmonids to do his bidding, not only to wipe out the Inklings but also the Octarians who left him. For the tyrannical rule to stop, DJ Octavio must be defeated in order to bring the freedom back to Inkopolis and its inhabitants.

Conclusion:

Either way, the future of Inkopolis is bleak, but not impossible to turn it around.

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
With the final Splatfest being revealed to be Chaos vs Order, this will definitely affect the story of Splatoon 3. The artwork seems to suggest that this one will be an even bigger deal than the Callie vs Marie Splatfest that decided who gets kidnapped in Octo Canyon. We not only see the entirety of the New Squidbeak Splatoon picking sides, but we also see the antagonists picking sides and low and behold, DJ Octavio is the only Octarian in the artwork being on the Chaos side, which it has the Salmonids instead. The Splatoon 3 story can have two outcomes.

If Chaos wins:

Inkopolis society crumbles due to the overreliance on the Great Zapfish and everything becomes a harsher world to live in. Salmonids now walk on cephalopod turf, forcing cephalopods to rely on Grizz Co to wipe out the invading Salmonids. Somewhere along the line, Commander Tartar is somehow fixed and begins to have the desire to destroy the world again. It plans to Sanitize even more Octarians to bring destruction to Inkopolis. The only solution to this problem is to defeat Commander Tartar again and bring civilization back to the world.

If Order wins:

Inkopolis becomes technologically advanced thanks to Inklings accepting Octarians into the city and this time, the Inklings know the Octarians are on the surface, but both species managed to co-exist peacefully once more. However, DJ Octavio uses this chance to take control of Inkopolis and become a ruler with an iron fist, forcing everybody to follow his rules or face charges. As a result, the New Squidbeak Splatoon now has more members, some of them even being Octarians other than Octolings. DJ Octavio then proceeds to use the Salmonids to do his bidding, not only to wipe out the Inklings but also the Octarians who left him. For the tyrannical rule to stop, DJ Octavio must be defeated in order to bring the freedom back to Inkopolis and its inhabitants.

Conclusion:

Either way, the future of Inkopolis is bleak, but not impossible to turn it around.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind Octavio coming back in Splatoon 3 as the main final boss if it had to do with Order wining the splatfest. Great theory, Cehpalobro!

Cephalobro

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Octavio coming back in Splatoon 3 as the main final boss if it had to do with Order wining the splatfest. Great theory, Cehpalobro!
Thank you! :D He can come back, I just don't want the Octarian species to be the antagonist group to fight against a third game in a row during the story. So I'm going to do my best for Order to win so that we finally get a different antagonistic faction to fight against in a story mode.

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
So ...

Either way, how will the stages and ranked battles look like in both cases? How will Inkopolis news time look like this time around (if anyone cares about that)? Shops? Weapons? Metagame?

Will they reflect the world of Inkopolis based on the ideas stated here?

If chaos wins, I could imagine the stages and weapons to be some sort of scrap yard or steam punk environment, while they would look like more "futuristic", more technoligically advanced. Also, stages like Bluefin Depot and Snapper Canal could come back in a more dilapidated state for the side of Chaos while stages like Urchin Underpass and The Reef could come back in a more techno style.

But then I wonder what would also happen in story mode :
- in the world of chaos, I can imagine Tartar having sanitized everyone on the side of order and this time around, Callie is in charge of the new Squidbeak Splatoon, with Agent 4, Pearl and everyone else on the side of chaos being recruits and helping you out to free everyone that has been sanitized and are somehow forced to make an alliance with DJ Octavio to save Inkopolis as well as all the octarians.
- in the world of order, given that Octavio would become the new ruler, he would put everyone on the side of chaos under his control, just like he did for Callie. However, there are still a group of rebels that prevail, all led by Captain Cuttlefish, with Marie, Agent 3 and 8 and everyone else on the side of order being part of this rebellion group that are acting undercover to overthrow Octavio and free Inkopolis from his rule. They might even use Tartar and his sanitizing technology to this very end too.

This is an interesting perspective, I always figured the ‘Order’ would be a corrupt type rule, which I’d rather have as the villains, now making the decision just between my favorite characters, (which includes basically everyone,) but now I’m torn...

I think Salmonids doing more and Tartar doing more both sounds good to me though. I wish both sides could win!

Now that I think about it, I wouldn’t mind either side taking over. Both sides could have interesting versions of an Inkopolis hub area, although there’s something weird thinking about how the culture and fashion of the cephalopods would change. I kind of like that at the same time though. (Also if order is all about the embracing Octolings thing, will Inkopolis be renamed Cephalopolis like Pearl’s idea?)

Edit: wording in first paragraph and added third paragraph

Last edited:

Awful Sniper

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6241-3992-3906
Sorry, Chaos Fanboy/ Pearl Fans
I'm Order simply because of the characters; Agent 3, Agent 8 and Marie
(Also how are people making art like that)

The ideas of the story is quite good but I think it would of been nicer if it was something like Mecha-Nize Octarians or Octoling with the Salmonids (they did work/ made a deal with him)

Last edited:

Aguilar

Inkling
This is interesting, but I doubt that Nintendo would want to go this route, tbh. Shaking up and mixing the single-player mode and the Multiplayer is not something ideal. That's why story-game segregation is a good thing in Splatoon.

Not saying this idea is completely bad, though, I actually like this. I want to see a more lore-focused Splatoon 3 campaign where you team up with Callie, Marina, Agent 3, Pearl, Marie and Agent 8, and your new avatar (Which would be something like Agent 5, 6 or 7?)

What I DO want though, is Salmonids being featured as enemies. Maybe even have Grizz as the final boss? After all, where the hell are those golden eggs going to? They're pretty inefficient as power sources.

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
I got inspired to make a video on my thoughts about the world of chaos and the world of order. If you want all my thoughts on the future of Splatoon, then go check it out :

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I got inspired to make a video on my thoughts about the world of chaos and the world of order. If you want all my thoughts on the future of Splatoon, then go check it out :
Is 5:59 an Infinity War reference? In all seriousness, great video! You touched up on a few things I didn't consider like possibly the entire meta and how the game plays based on Chaos or Order. Also, you got me thinking: maybe the new game could be about chaos AND order. Maybe the meta wouldn't change based on who wins, but instead, when you beat the story of chaos, you establish a new world order, or it could be the other way around. Dang now you got me thinking about splatoon taking the course of pokemon with 2 games to chose from, which would be awesome tbh! Each game would have a different story, but multiplayer would be cross compatible. Maybe in order's story mode, you have Octavio somehow becoming a dictator like you said, where you try and expose him somehow and take down the government leading to a world of chaos permanently. Dang now I want to write a fanfic/story mode about this.

Last edited:

SolarSunne

Inkling
NNID
SolarSUnne
Switch Friend Code
SW-5341-4279-4128
I think Order will actually be a different thing than Octavio taking over. I'm thinking of more of a like, 'utopian' thing. With there being a government that rules over, but it's secretly corrupt, and there's a rebellion against it. Maybe I'm thinking too much into it, but both of those ideas could work I think.

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
Is 5:59 an Infinity War reference? In all seriousness, great video! You touched up on a few things I didn't consider like possibly the entire meta and how the game plays based on Chaos or Order. Also, you got me thinking: maybe the new game could be about chaos AND order. Maybe the meta wouldn't change based on who wins, but instead, when you beat the story of chaos, you establish a new world order, or it could be the other way around. Dang now you got me thinking about splatoon taking the course of pokemon with 2 games to chose from, which would be awesome tbh! Each game would have a different story, but multiplayer would be cross compatible. Maybe in order's story mode, you have Octavio somehow becoming a dictator like you said, where you try and expose him somehow and take down the government leading to a world of chaos permanently. Dang now I want to write a fanfic/story mode about this.
I have not thought of Splatoon 3 becoming 2 separate games like Pokémon. Online is cross play, but the meta, universe, story, etc. is different in each game !

Dang, this is gonna make alot of money pokémon style.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Ok that just happened. In the Splatfest dialogue, Pearl officially mentioned that the losing team had to live in the world the wining team wants. They even mentioned 8 and captain cuttlefish and played special music!

Cephalobro

The fact that Marina is scared of losing everything because of this Splatfest makes me want to fight for Order even more. My original intention is so that the rest of the Octarians get to live on the surface and the Salmonids become the new antagonistic species to fight against. But now I have a second intention, to protect what Marina fought for.

Oka Chokka

Inkster Jr.
My predictions:

If Chaos wins, Inkopolis becomes even more spontaneous and disorderly to the point where it becomes hazardous, with the Inklings' flagrant desire for fun and disregard for responsibility ruling the city. You play as an Octoling who must go about restoring order and safety. I like this idea as it would finally, explicitly paint both sides of the Inkling/Octarian conflict as morally gray and it would be cool to have Inklings as antagonists for once.

If Order wins, Inkopolis becomes rigidly stiff and formulaic, outlawing any form of expression that the Inklings basically live and breath. Octarians, being the more diligent ones, are in control. You play as an Inkling who must go about restoring color and freedom. While it would be interesting to see what would happen to Inkopolis if the Octarians took over, this plot would basically be a retread of De Blob for the Wii, and because of that, I'm less interested in seeing it happen.

I still joined Team Order, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom