Foil Flingza Roller is going to get Triple Inkstrike

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Here's my reasoning:

Triple Inkstrike hasn't been added to any weapon kits since Fresh Season 2023. You might not have noticed, but it's true!
Three weapons; Slosher, Brella, and Rapid had the special on launch, T-tek was given the special in Chill Season '22, and Neo Splash and Z+F got it in Fresh Season '23, for a total of the current six Triple Inkstrike weapons we have today. This means the odds of us getting a weapon with it this season are virtually guaranteed.

There are three remaining weapons this season which we don't know the full kits of: Foil Flingza, Cusotm E-liter, and Dolphin Dread.
Putting Tri-Strike on E-liter or Dread would be redundant due to the existence of vanilla Slosher and Z+F Charger, meanwhile Flingza Roller had both Tenta Missiles and Splat Bomb Launcher in Splatoon 2, making Strikes the perfect candidate for its "returning" special.

And that's why...

Last edited:

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I almost completely agree with this, although there is one thing…

Triple Inkstrike, to me, functions very similarly to Tenta Missiles, as it functions primarily as a way to displace and move enemies via a set amount of lethal projectiles, that also puts paint on the floor, and Flingza already has missiles.

Both specials also benefit from being used from far away, with being able to lock on to more opponents from far away with Missiles, and being more safe with the lack of mobility from Tristrike. They may want to give Foil Flingza a different playstyle from the vanilla kit, and thus might wanna give it a slightly more aggressive special like Inkjet. But, I feel if they did give it Inkjet, then there’s gotta be some secret kits we don’t know about, since it has indeed been a year since the last Tristrike weapon.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
cipsbsndj once again kindly filling in the gaps for us.

I have indeed pondered this. Small missiles versus big missiles isn't a big difference.
My secondary prediction is that we get a Heavy Edit Nouveau with Triple Inkstrike, and Foil Flingza gets something like Inkjet.

Also, just want to put it out there, really really really really really hoping for Torpedo/Crab Tank on Dolphin Dread.
I have zero evidence to back up the special prediction other than it's still only on five weapons.

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
cipsbsndj once again kindly filling in the gaps for us.

I have indeed pondered this. Small missiles versus big missiles isn't a big difference.
My secondary prediction is that we get a Heavy Edit Nouveau with Triple Inkstrike, and Foil Flingza gets something like Inkjet.

Also, just want to put it out there, really really really really really hoping for Torpedo/Crab Tank on Dolphin Dread.
I have zero evidence to back up the special prediction other than it's still only on five weapons.
Yes, spread the Dread Wringer Torpedo/Crab propaganda (it is currently my most anticipated weapon this upcoming season)

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
Nintendo really just announced the kits to those two weapons specifically, less than a day after this thread was made

Minty!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2452-0470-2345
Your prediction was perfect. Flingza with Neo Splash kit would have been incredible, and it made sence too. There was just one mistake: assuming weapon kit decisions made sense 😭. Thank you so much for keeping the strike hype going. love you

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Well, that happened.
I’m going to talk about Dread Wringer D in a separate thread because I have a lot to say about it.

I can understand the reasoning behind Screen on Flingza; if the special wasn’t bottom tier useless it’d actually have decent synergy with the main and sub weapon. It’s disappointing, but can be saved with Screen buffs. The real question now is what on earth are they going to do regarding Triple Inkstrike?

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
Ok I don’t think we’re getting another Tristrike weapon this season, which means a year and three month wait for a new Tristrike weapon, a wait equivalent to Crab Tank

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Incredible.
Zero credibility.
Truly preposterous.
Well, we are GUARANTEED to get one next season.

Now we've just got to hope that E-liter doesn't get them.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Now we've just got to hope that E-liter doesn't get them.
i just read this and now i am legitimately scared
pls dont do this to liter nintendo
they already put it on z+f though so i dont think they would put it on cliter

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
i just read this and now i am legitimately scared
pls dont do this to liter nintendo
they already put it on z+f though so i dont think they would put it on cliter
They put wall on Pencil 5B after putting it on Z+F.
I wouldn't put it beyond them.
However, Custom E-liter with Beakon Kraken is a full returning kit from Splatoon 1, so it seems relatively safe to assume that it'll get it.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
They put wall on Pencil 5B after putting it on Z+F.
I wouldn't put it beyond them.
eh i don't think repeated subs for a role means repeated specials are more likely, i would say it's very very unlikely to get strikes on e-liter (especially when z+f's whole thing is being able to challenge other backlines easier with its wall, would be silly for e-liter to then compete with it)

i don't necessarily want kraken on e-liter but that's a personal thing and i would not be that sad if it got it because i'm sure other people would be happy about it. i would be very amused if it turns out to be the hidden 3rd splashdown kit of the season though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom