• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

For those struggling with drawing on the switch

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Zoom in by pressing Q and it should help at least a little. Some people are buying tablet pens and such for their console too, and you can usually find those on sites like Amazon for about 5$.
Good advice. I'm glad they added the feature since it will be easier on my eyes...

I have a older tablet pen that I got off amazon for our android tablet back then. I need to dig it up and make use of it again. That pen was a blessing in disguise.

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Wait, wait...do tablet pens work?
I don't recall the switch having a touch screen...

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
If it can track your finger, then it should be able to accept any sort of tablet device pen. You could even vouch for your old WiiU pen, or 3DS. Personally, for my monster size hands, I need a longer pen for myself so I am going to see if I can find my old one tucked somewhere.

The only thing that made me concern was scratching the screen accidentally due to unseen dust particles. I would advise cleaning the screen with a microfiber clothe first, THEN check the end bit of the pen to see if there is residue. That usually is the convict for ruining your screen. You can also buy something as a little bit of a screen protection if you aren't too keen of having the pen making contact with it.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
...Well, crap. I take back what I said then on that PART. That feels like a waste though.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
...Well, crap. I take back what I said then on that PART. That feels like a waste though.
It does, and makes it a bit more of a pain. But it is technicality a better touchscreen that what the Wii U had. So I wont complain. Just treat it like a smartphone/tablet screen.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
It does, and makes it a bit more of a pain. But it is technicality a better touchscreen that what the Wii U had. So I wont complain. Just treat it like a smartphone/tablet screen.
Just look for a stylus Compatible with capacitive touch screens.
(Any touchscreen that has Multitouch support)
Looks like Amazon has many options for this. I would prefer a fine tip option though. But to each their own.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
I "drew" this for the Japanese Splatfest.
You can do some cool things with the button inputs makes straight lines a breeze. Going for that 80's-90's style of straight line art. This took a long time to do but what else can we do in the demo until Saturday?

イイダ Is Marina's Japanese name
ポップ Is Pop
(I would be team Rock but I let my Girlfriend pick.)
IMG_20170709_235612.jpg

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
The Switch does have indeed a touchscreen. It's a shame you can't draw anything with the touchscreen in Splatoon 2. It feels like a waste, having to draw with sticks in the miiverse drawing replacement, instead of using the touchscreen. Hopefully when the game is released the touchscreen can at least do something, like navigate menus.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
It's a shame you can't draw anything with the touchscreen in Splatoon 2. It feels like a waste, having to draw with sticks in the miiverse drawing replacement, instead of using the touchscreen.
...But you can? Everyone in the thread made clear of the fact via discussing what tablet pens work on said touchscreen. Or am I missing something here...?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The Switch does have indeed a touchscreen. It's a shame you can't draw anything with the touchscreen in Splatoon 2. It feels like a waste, having to draw with sticks in the miiverse drawing replacement, instead of using the touchscreen. Hopefully when the game is released the touchscreen can at least do something, like navigate menus.
The touchscreen works with certain kinds of pens. All that magnificent art in the plaza that I've seen wasn't done with sticks :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom