• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Forge Splattershot Pro

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah, I didn't mean literally no effect, but to get a worthwile effect on the bubbles would mean you need at least, 20 or 30 points. IMO of course (and from what I have seen).

And it's not redundant to add more ISM. I said I could work around it, but that doesn't mean it has no effect. When I have 3 ISMs with the SSP, it adds almost 4 seconds to a tank, I believe. That is, again, an advantage for the entire duration of the match. Whereas the bubbles only affect the special. 4 extra seconds I get to use a crapload of times in a match.
You said you're already good at ink efficiency, but you're adding a lot more ink efficiency, that's the very definition of redundant. And sure the effect of ISM is active throughout the entire match, but if you already seldom run out of ink without it then it's not actually making much of a difference. SPU on the other hand can be the difference between splatting opponents, capping the zone, and blocking crucial shots for the Bubble Blower. The effectiveness of an ability matters too!

Again do whatever works for ya, but I would recommend you try using just a single main of Ink Recovery Up instead of all that ISM. I think you'll find you're still able to shoot when you want to shoot just as often, only without taking up as much ability slots while being able to throw suction bombs more frequently.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I still run out of ink, but I can work around that. I don't see how it is so hard to understand that despite the fact that the SPP is still playable to me without ISM, it's still miles better with more ISM. Just because I can manage the SPP slurping up more ink for a shot, doesn't mean it's not even better when it takes less ink. And yes, SPU might make a difference, but it also might not make any difference. Circumstances might not lead to a lot of specials, and then, not even all the bubbles might pop at a good place or might not even pop at all. ISM, on the other hand, always makes a discernable difference. So, again, I think it's quite a sacrifice to give that up. You're trading something that's constantly helping you all throughout the match for something that's very circumstantial.

I use IRU frequently too, but I still find ISM more handy because, yet again, I play very aggressively. The SPP's measly 7 second default tank is both unfitting for that style, nor very fun.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I still run out of ink, but I can work around that. I don't see how it is so hard to understand that despite the fact that the SPP is still playable to me without ISM, it's still miles better with more ISM. Just because I can manage the SPP slurping up more ink for a shot, doesn't mean it's not even better when it takes less ink. And yes, SPU might make a difference, but it also might not make any difference. Circumstances might not lead to a lot of specials, and then, not even all the bubbles might pop at a good place or might not even pop at all. ISM, on the other hand, always makes a discernable difference. So, again, I think it's quite a sacrifice to give that up. You're trading something that's constantly helping you all throughout the match for something that's very circumstantial.

I use IRU frequently too, but I still find ISM more handy because, yet again, I play very aggressively. The SPP's measly 7 second default tank is both unfitting for that style, nor very fun.
Ah I see the main thing keeping us at odds here is that you feel ISM makes a big impact whereas I think it's a waste of a slot unless you really can't deal with the weapon's ink efficiency. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Ah I see the main thing keeping us at odds here is that you feel ISM makes a big impact whereas I think it's a waste of a slot unless you really can't deal with the weapon's ink efficiency. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Well, by that logic, you can surely deal with a slower walk speed or swim speed. Or higher decrease in your special guage after death. I mean, being able to deal with something doesn't mean an increase has no notable effect.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well, by that logic, you can surely deal with a slower walk speed or swim speed. Or higher decrease in your special guage after death. I mean, being able to deal with something doesn't mean an increase has no notable effect.
I can better ensure I'm able to shoot when I want to shoot with proper ink management, whereas there is no other way to increase movement speed or decrease special loss, that's been my main point.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, but surely you must understand why I prefer being able to shoot more? I can manage my ink just fine. But that doesn't mean Ink Saver stops being useful at that point.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah, but surely you must understand why I prefer being able to shoot more? I can manage my ink just fine. But that doesn't mean Ink Saver stops being useful at that point.
Oh of course, sorry if I sounded like an elitist there. :L

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom