• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Funny Lag Moments

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
Lag in Splatoon causes much grief and annoyance to everyone who was ever played this game. We all can recall the countless cries of rage we utter as our rank points drop due to a connection loss, or how a laggy foe seems to soak up your hits like a sea sponge.

But hey, everything has a silver lining, so why don't we talk about the moments lag has given us a chuckle, rare as it may be.

So earlier today I was playing on Mahi-Mahi resort in turf. A foe was heading to the small area near the end of the ramp that you can access your base from. He jumps over the water and seems to miss the landing, yet suddenly shows up safe and sound. I give chase with my Slosher Deco and hit him a few times, but it does nothing. He walks slowly, then suddenly goes sanic fast up the small ramp to the platform that overlooks the main area. And I'm talking he shoots up there like he's on crack and Red Bull at the same time, despite there being my ink on the floor. I then Kraken and take him out, leaving me to laugh as I reflect on what the woomy just happened.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Trying to battle someone at long range with my Jet Squelcher. Suddenly, the screen says "The connection is unstable" and freezes me for a few seconds.

Meanwhile, the squid I was battling decided to pull out their Inkzooka. Guess what happens next.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I have too many to list without bullet points:
  1. Entire patches of enemy ink 20 feet wide just suddenly appearing all around you in a single flash
  2. The ink trail forms out of nowhere, THEN the seeker goes by, THEN it's user appears and splats you
  3. 3x carbon roller hits to the face, but they still splat you first.
  4. Enemy stands there in one place as you shoot them with a tentetek. You give up and walk away when nothing happens. THEN you hear the "bling" sound and the kraken splats you.
  5. Enemy jumps off the ledge. Enemy jumps off the ledge again. Same enemy jumps off the ledge again. You swim over to splat him with carbon roller, only for him to then jump off the ledge and splat you from behind.
  6. You hit the bunny hopping little rabbit with a sploosh with two fully charged eliter shots. Nothing happens. The little rabbit ignores you like you're not there still hopping around your base and is nowhere near you. You get splatted by sploosh.
  7. You splat an opponent as he was taking out an inkzooka. You turn around and swim away after the kill icon appears. You get splatted by inkzooka.
  8. You get splatted by a charger who was staring into a scope with the laser pointing well away from you.
  9. Teleportation.
  10. Areas you know you've painted, in fact had to have painted to swim to where you did, are now somehow bare ground.
  11. When you're painting, but the ground in front of you still remains bare, then a few seconds later all your ink appears.
  12. When the enemy is swimming up a wall they just painted on the right side of Depot, isn't being affected by you shooting the wall with your ink, then suddenly THREE enemies are at the top of the wall that only one was swimming up and all ambush you and gain control of your base for the rest of the match. Then later you look at said wall and see it bare, with NEITHER team's paint on it implying that what you watched happen and participated in didn't happen at all.
  13. And the weirdest one of all, when "connection is unstable" comes up, your entire team is now listed as "dead" (Dc'd) when it comes back, and you can't find the enemy team anywhere and the whole Museum feels like you're Kevin in Home Alone and everyone else is simply gone. But the match is still going. So you paint everywhere, alone. Even the enemy's base. Then 10 sec before the end, one lone opponent reappears, and half the map suddenly turns his color. At the end it shows that 3/4 of the enemy team disconnected and all of your own team did not.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I can't count the number of times I've shot someone with a .96 gal four or five times before the game recognizes that they're splatted. I've also started shooting at rollers that are halfway across the map only to have them teleport right in front of me and run me over. In one match a splatlings shots would keep going after they died. I think my best lag experience was the time I was a neo Luna. The game was lagging so much, everyone moved in jerks. I would swim up to the people when they weren't moving and shoot them point blank, then they would jerk forward and then die. It was really funny, they must have been wondering what happened.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This Splattershot Jr. user on Arowana Mall managed to break through into our side of the map; as my teammates were busy keeping the rest of the map locked down, I went after the guy.

Next thing I know, he's zipping around the place like crazy, only to come to a dead stop near one of the middle ramps. I pump him full of ink, only for him to activate the Bubbler. But he's still not moving, so I make the (in hindsight, kinda dumb) decision to fire away at him. Then suddenly a Splat Bomb drops near my feet. I swim away, but it still catches me anyway. And with that, the guy vanishes in a puff of smoke.

It was the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Ooooh, fun! I've had a share of laggy / weird moments yesterday, allow me to introduce you to the many faces of lag.

• Enemy Inkling: "Hey, you there! Sniper! Catch me if you can!" *teleports to the left, to the right, glitches right through you, splatting you as a result*
  • People who wouldn't die even though I had that piercing sound ...this happens far too often.
  • Carbon Rollers appearing out of nowhere.
  • Seeker Trails appearing even though the Seeker already exploded on my teammate. Sad and hilarious at the same time.
  • People dying by my hand, taking me along to the grave - ten seconds later.
  • The game had a short overall lag and everything goes Speedy Gonzales for a few seconds. Wheee!
  • "Connection unstable". Mid-air. Spliiiiish.
  • Enemy Snipers hitting me behind walls. Yes, this is a thing.
  • Suddenly Inkzooka. No, I wasn't hiding behind low walls but really tall ones. ;_;
  • People reaching a certain point of the map before I do only to teleport left 'n' right to splat me. No, they had no run/swim speed ups. e.e
  • "Ha, I pierced ya!" - "*bling*" - "Well, fudgeballs."
  • Bombs appearing out of nowhere. Nowhere, I tell ya. I'm cursed. I'm being haunted. I...was probably not paying attention. B-but I swear, there was no "Eeeeew" sound. Nothing. *continues making spooky sounds*

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
On Walleye, I watched a roller roll right past me, ignoring me, and wondered, WTF? Two or three seconds later, he flicked at the air far away from me and I died.

DuD

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MaBex11
I watched a seeker explode on my splashwall right at the start of a match on walleye, then a few seconds later I was splatted... by the guy who threw the seeker who had followed the none existent trail and was shooting me from behind???

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I had a match last night on Ancho-V Games where there was a lot of lag. The match ended and it was sitting on the end screen for a while. In the meantime, you could see one enemy Inkling fall off their spawn, another move at snails pace towards the podium, and a third shoot ink at me. x)

It was funny. :P I guess the other team really didn't want to give up. xD

maxie

Full Squid
watched a member of my team once spend five seconds shooting out invisible ink and then swim in it which was.......really uncomfy to watch actually

also that one someone threw down a splash wall right before i got a 'the connection is unstable message' for two seconds, and the moment it went away i just saw the splash wall literally. shoot up into the sky

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
this is really weird:
This has other moments but this part made me laugh hard, though I wish I knew where I had that one match where I got splatted by someone respawning/super jumping from thier spawn point

(title name =.=)
I have no words for this but the audio does a good job of it.

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
One time their was two people coming toward me I shot both of them two times as a :wst_charge_longscp01: and they didn't die...

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i don't know if this was lag-based, and it happened so long ago, but it probably was so here goes.

i was playing splat zones some time ago, and we were winning - but the other team had the zones, so of course it went into overtime. no big deal, we just inked the zones back up.

... except, overtime didn't end. we did it over and over and over but for some reason the game just wouldn't recognize that we had taken the zones back. it was a bit upsetting as we lost that match, but atleast i have the story to tell...? i've never seen it happen again, which is probably for the best.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
i don't know if this was lag-based, and it happened so long ago, but it probably was so here goes.

i was playing splat zones some time ago, and we were winning - but the other team had the zones, so of course it went into overtime. no big deal, we just inked the zones back up.

... except, overtime didn't end. we did it over and over and over but for some reason the game just wouldn't recognize that we had taken the zones back. it was a bit upsetting as we lost that match, but atleast i have the story to tell...? i've never seen it happen again, which is probably for the best.
So it didn't recognize that it got neutralized or anything? Man, that sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom