1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

3. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Funny Lag Moments

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by DekuKitty, Jan 7, 2016.

1. DekuKitty

DekuKitty Pro Squid

NNID:
    SkyeHunter
    Lag in Splatoon causes much grief and annoyance to everyone who was ever played this game. We all can recall the countless cries of rage we utter as our rank points drop due to a connection loss, or how a laggy foe seems to soak up your hits like a sea sponge.

But hey, everything has a silver lining, so why don't we talk about the moments lag has given us a chuckle, rare as it may be.

So earlier today I was playing on Mahi-Mahi resort in turf. A foe was heading to the small area near the end of the ramp that you can access your base from. He jumps over the water and seems to miss the landing, yet suddenly shows up safe and sound. I give chase with my Slosher Deco and hit him a few times, but it does nothing. He walks slowly, then suddenly goes sanic fast up the small ramp to the platform that overlooks the main area. And I'm talking he shoots up there like he's on crack and Red Bull at the same time, despite there being my ink on the floor. I then Kraken and take him out, leaving me to laugh as I reflect on what the woomy just happened.

LMG, SneakyShark and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  2. Mateiüsthesquidwarrior

NNID:
    m0nkeyd0g
    This isn't a specific moment, but for some reason it always makes me laugh seeing a laggy inkling swimming through the other team's ink :p

LMG and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  3. Holidaze

Holidaze Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    dyngledong
    I like it when people just suddenly Goku their way across the battlefield.

The best moment I've had was when I suddenly stopped mid-jump in Bluefin, due to the connection being interrupted, and it just dunked me in the water.

LMG, SneakyShark and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  4. SquiliamTentacles

SquiliamTentacles Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Mr_Squigggles
    Trying to battle someone at long range with my Jet Squelcher. Suddenly, the screen says "The connection is unstable" and freezes me for a few seconds.

Meanwhile, the squid I was battling decided to pull out their Inkzooka. Guess what happens next.

LMG, SupaTim and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  5. Award

Award Lord of the Squids

I have too many to list without bullet points:
    1. Entire patches of enemy ink 20 feet wide just suddenly appearing all around you in a single flash
    2. The ink trail forms out of nowhere, THEN the seeker goes by, THEN it's user appears and splats you
    3. 3x carbon roller hits to the face, but they still splat you first.
    4. Enemy stands there in one place as you shoot them with a tentetek. You give up and walk away when nothing happens. THEN you hear the "bling" sound and the kraken splats you.
    5. Enemy jumps off the ledge. Enemy jumps off the ledge again. Same enemy jumps off the ledge again. You swim over to splat him with carbon roller, only for him to then jump off the ledge and splat you from behind.
    6. You hit the bunny hopping little rabbit with a sploosh with two fully charged eliter shots. Nothing happens. The little rabbit ignores you like you're not there still hopping around your base and is nowhere near you. You get splatted by sploosh.
    7. You splat an opponent as he was taking out an inkzooka. You turn around and swim away after the kill icon appears. You get splatted by inkzooka.
    8. You get splatted by a charger who was staring into a scope with the laser pointing well away from you.
    9. Teleportation.
    10. Areas you know you've painted, in fact had to have painted to swim to where you did, are now somehow bare ground.
    11. When you're painting, but the ground in front of you still remains bare, then a few seconds later all your ink appears.
    12. When the enemy is swimming up a wall they just painted on the right side of Depot, isn't being affected by you shooting the wall with your ink, then suddenly THREE enemies are at the top of the wall that only one was swimming up and all ambush you and gain control of your base for the rest of the match. Then later you look at said wall and see it bare, with NEITHER team's paint on it implying that what you watched happen and participated in didn't happen at all.
    13. And the weirdest one of all, when "connection is unstable" comes up, your entire team is now listed as "dead" (Dc'd) when it comes back, and you can't find the enemy team anywhere and the whole Museum feels like you're Kevin in Home Alone and everyone else is simply gone. But the match is still going. So you paint everywhere, alone. Even the enemy's base. Then 10 sec before the end, one lone opponent reappears, and half the map suddenly turns his color. At the end it shows that 3/4 of the enemy team disconnected and all of your own team did not.

LMG, G1ng3rGar1 and SneakyShark like this.
  6. 97Stephen

97Stephen Pro Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    Jo-Ho-3
    I can't count the number of times I've shot someone with a .96 gal four or five times before the game recognizes that they're splatted. I've also started shooting at rollers that are halfway across the map only to have them teleport right in front of me and run me over. In one match a splatlings shots would keep going after they died. I think my best lag experience was the time I was a neo Luna. The game was lagging so much, everyone moved in jerks. I would swim up to the people when they weren't moving and shoot them point blank, then they would jerk forward and then die. It was really funny, they must have been wondering what happened.

7. Flareth

Flareth Inkling Fleet Admiral

This Splattershot Jr. user on Arowana Mall managed to break through into our side of the map; as my teammates were busy keeping the rest of the map locked down, I went after the guy.

Next thing I know, he's zipping around the place like crazy, only to come to a dead stop near one of the middle ramps. I pump him full of ink, only for him to activate the Bubbler. But he's still not moving, so I make the (in hindsight, kinda dumb) decision to fire away at him. Then suddenly a Splat Bomb drops near my feet. I swim away, but it still catches me anyway. And with that, the guy vanishes in a puff of smoke.

It was the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while.

db132, LMG and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  8. Либра

Либра Inkster Jr.

Ooooh, fun! I've had a share of laggy / weird moments yesterday, allow me to introduce you to the many faces of lag.

• Enemy Inkling: "Hey, you there! Sniper! Catch me if you can!" *teleports to the left, to the right, glitches right through you, splatting you as a result*
    • People who wouldn't die even though I had that piercing sound ...this happens far too often.
    • Carbon Rollers appearing out of nowhere.
    • Seeker Trails appearing even though the Seeker already exploded on my teammate. Sad and hilarious at the same time.
    • People dying by my hand, taking me along to the grave - ten seconds later.
    • The game had a short overall lag and everything goes Speedy Gonzales for a few seconds. Wheee!
    • "Connection unstable". Mid-air. Spliiiiish.
    • Enemy Snipers hitting me behind walls. Yes, this is a thing.
    • Suddenly Inkzooka. No, I wasn't hiding behind low walls but really tall ones. ;_;
    • People reaching a certain point of the map before I do only to teleport left 'n' right to splat me. No, they had no run/swim speed ups. e.e
    • "Ha, I pierced ya!" - "*bling*" - "Well, fudgeballs."
    • Bombs appearing out of nowhere. Nowhere, I tell ya. I'm cursed. I'm being haunted. I...was probably not paying attention. B-but I swear, there was no "Eeeeew" sound. Nothing. *continues making spooky sounds*

9. MeTaGross

MeTaGross Pro Squid

When I was using a charger and splatted a range blaster, watched them explode, and watched two shots fly up and kill me.

10. Skepticpunk

Skepticpunk Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    SkepticPunk
    On Walleye, I watched a roller roll right past me, ignoring me, and wondered, WTF? Two or three seconds later, he flicked at the air far away from me and I died.

Floating Eyeball and LMG like this.
  11. DuD

DuD Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    MaBex11
    I watched a seeker explode on my splashwall right at the start of a match on walleye, then a few seconds later I was splatted... by the guy who threw the seeker who had followed the none existent trail and was shooting me from behind???

Floating Eyeball, LMG and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  12. Airi

Airi Inkling Commander

NNID:
    radiorabbits
    I had a match last night on Ancho-V Games where there was a lot of lag. The match ended and it was sitting on the end screen for a while. In the meantime, you could see one enemy Inkling fall off their spawn, another move at snails pace towards the podium, and a third shoot ink at me. x)

It was funny. :p I guess the other team really didn't want to give up. xD

Floating Eyeball, LMG and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  13. LMG

LMG Inkling Fleet Admiral

Once in Camp Triggerfish my inkling had a heart attack and then the camera moved towards a Kraken breakdancing (or doing a solo mosh-pit, whichever you prefer) by our team's spawn :confused:

14. db132

db132 Full Squid

I always laugh whenever I see a roller suddenly start running around at 300mph for a few seconds, not as funny when they're running directly at me though.

15. maxie

maxie Full Squid
    Premium

NNID:
    anistar
    watched a member of my team once spend five seconds shooting out invisible ink and then swim in it which was.......really uncomfy to watch actually

also that one someone threw down a splash wall right before i got a 'the connection is unstable message' for two seconds, and the moment it went away i just saw the splash wall literally. shoot up into the sky

16. モモコ

モモコ Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Momogirl3
    this is really weird:

This has other moments but this part made me laugh hard, though I wish I knew where I had that one match where I got splatted by someone respawning/super jumping from thier spawn point

(title name =.=)

I have no words for this but the audio does a good job of it.

Hikaru54 likes this.
  17. Inkling Ash

Inkling Ash Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Zachy_Dad
    One time their was two people coming toward me I shot both of them two times as a :wst_charge_longscp01: and they didn't die...

G1ng3rGar1 likes this.
  18. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish ...........Oops! I fell asleep!

NNID:
    tokkers
    i don't know if this was lag-based, and it happened so long ago, but it probably was so here goes.

i was playing splat zones some time ago, and we were winning - but the other team had the zones, so of course it went into overtime. no big deal, we just inked the zones back up.

... except, overtime didn't end. we did it over and over and over but for some reason the game just wouldn't recognize that we had taken the zones back. it was a bit upsetting as we lost that match, but atleast i have the story to tell...? i've never seen it happen again, which is probably for the best.

Floating Eyeball and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  19. G1ng3rGar1

G1ng3rGar1 Inkling Fleet Admiral

So it didn't recognize that it got neutralized or anything? Man, that sucks

20. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish ...........Oops! I fell asleep!

NNID:
    tokkers
    yuuup. it was super frustrating at the time. the overtime just didn't end until the opposing team overtook us.

G1ng3rGar1 likes this.
  21. G1ng3rGar1

SOMEEEEEONEEEE CHEATEEED (That's all I have to say on that matter)

I can't think of any funny lag moments, but there was this one time yesterday where I was shooting at an Inkling with my Neo Sploosh (just picked it up yesterday) and they kept on jerking around crazily. I'm not sure if it was lag or what, but it was kinda weird. And when I splatted them, I kinda was like '….okay then.'
    Then there's the usual 'hit a million times and suddenly BUBBLE/KRAKEN' thing a few times.

Floating Eyeball likes this.
  22. chrisblass1

chrisblass1 Pro Squid

NNID:
    Chrisblass1
    Killed a lagger and used my bubbler to fight off his other teammates. Thinking everything is fine and nothing bad is going to happen, a sec later i explode......

G1ng3rGar1 likes this.
  23. G1ng3rGar1

I wish that happens when I get splatted by a laggy person who pulled up their bubbler or kraken AFTER I hit them more than my weapon's required hits

24. モモコ

モモコ Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Momogirl3
    yep lag does that, other examples:
    https://www.twitch.tv/sheriffcrazy/v/53320291
    For this one watch the timer and so called "zone claim"

(then add in the fact it never "flashed" when it went back to counting down, and it is petty glaring lag caused this error since there was a mass d/c taking place. Also a bit before the time link i gave, you can see me reacting and backing off from the lag of not having my ink show up properly and improper ink laying after he flash.

I have others but i just thought I show some splatzone things, There is also minor ones where zone does not get claimed when it should and other things, from what I seen lag does effect the game a lot, just people only notice it when it is glaring groundbreaking.

#24 モモコ, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Cuttlefish and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  25. Maave

Maave Inkling Cadet

Best one was seeing brushstrokes swinging in mid-air for 2 seconds after I killed the guy. His body had vanished but the ink was going back and forth and hit me

Floating Eyeball and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  26. Anaru

Anaru Inkling Commander

NNID:
    lavalizard24
    I once won my team the game in RM by doing that glitch where you can super jump for a moment after grabbing the rainmaker, I jumped to my beacon in the enemies elevated side path in Museum that they failed to notice, and made it just 1 point past where they had made it with a few seconds left.

Magic8Ball and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  27. Magolor

Magolor Something is Wrong.

I have to deal with lag like 24/7 where I live. We can't get better internet so we're stuck with limited and very laggy internet. I kinda learned to cope with it, ultimately resulting in me (without intending to) weaponize it. Because of the lag, sometimes I can take multiple hits or kill people when they're apparently not even near me. I'm pretty sure I've pissed off my fair share of people with this, but I can't help it since I can't really fix my internet until I move back into the city.

Nonetheless, I do constantly make mistakes. I walk into peoples still flinging ink after they're dead. Usually, I can avoid that to make myself kill them but them not kill me but more often than not I get splatted too because i'm rather clumsy.

28. Xehias

Xehias Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Xehias
    During the introduction when the camera panned over our team, ink bullets were flying into us from off-screen. Turns out our Splattershot Pro somehow had been allowed to move before the rest of us and was shooting at us while standing in front of the spawn! :p The lobby had been pretty weird before, which explains the odd lag.

Cuttleshock, G1ng3rGar1 and Anaru like this.
  29. Xehias

Xehias Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Xehias
    Never thought I’d see two Rainmaker tornadoes on screen at the same time. It was kind of terrifying. Now I’m curious what a mode with several Rainmakers would be like…

Mr. 9 and G1ng3rGar1 like this.
  30. G1ng3rGar1

Oh geez
    It could be a sudden death thing

Xehias likes this.
  31. Cyan

Cyan Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Cyan_Yoshi98
    I had a lag experience that was pretty entertaining, during a quad and @Shun_one was the one that caused it (trust American internet right? ;P). Triggerfish Zones, we were basically being spawn camped in street when the other team hits 0 and Stop Battling! appears, except we don't go anywhere. I look down at the GamePad and discover that Shun still has complete control and movement around the map. Everybody else was stuck and unable to move, since the match had ended, but somehow Shun's Wii U wasn't given the data pack to signal the end of the match. Even the GamePad map was odd, because his arrow was moving around the map, but wasn't changing direction (which it normally does to let you know what direction your teammates are facing). My inkling even changed from the normal stance to the special ready stance (for whatever reason the auto-charge special was still in effect so my special was charged). Then all of a sudden, "A communication error has occurred." popped up and we all got kicked from the match (and lost 2 points from our rank). I have a strange feeling our Japanese quad that destroyed us also disconnected so nobody won the match xD

32. Grflrgl

Grflrgl Inkster Jr.

There were six of us blazing away when, all of a sudden, the world shifted and everyone was in a different place? We all stood there for a split second, looking at each other, trying to figure out what happened, and then started blazing away at one another again.