• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Funny Lag Moments

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
yuuup. it was super frustrating at the time. the overtime just didn't end until the opposing team overtook us.
SOMEEEEEONEEEE CHEATEEED (That's all I have to say on that matter)

I can't think of any funny lag moments, but there was this one time yesterday where I was shooting at an Inkling with my Neo Sploosh (just picked it up yesterday) and they kept on jerking around crazily. I'm not sure if it was lag or what, but it was kinda weird. And when I splatted them, I kinda was like '….okay then.'
Then there's the usual 'hit a million times and suddenly BUBBLE/KRAKEN' thing a few times.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
Killed a lagger and used my bubbler to fight off his other teammates. Thinking everything is fine and nothing bad is going to happen, a sec later i explode......

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Killed a lagger and used my bubbler to fight off his other teammates. Thinking everything is fine and nothing bad is going to happen, a sec later i explode......
I wish that happens when I get splatted by a laggy person who pulled up their bubbler or kraken AFTER I hit them more than my weapon's required hits

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
i don't know if this was lag-based, and it happened so long ago, but it probably was so here goes.

i was playing splat zones some time ago, and we were winning - but the other team had the zones, so of course it went into overtime. no big deal, we just inked the zones back up.

... except, overtime didn't end. we did it over and over and over but for some reason the game just wouldn't recognize that we had taken the zones back. it was a bit upsetting as we lost that match, but atleast i have the story to tell...? i've never seen it happen again, which is probably for the best.
yep lag does that, other examples:
https://www.twitch.tv/sheriffcrazy/v/53320291
For this one watch the timer and so called "zone claim"
(then add in the fact it never "flashed" when it went back to counting down, and it is petty glaring lag caused this error since there was a mass d/c taking place. Also a bit before the time link i gave, you can see me reacting and backing off from the lag of not having my ink show up properly and improper ink laying after he flash.

I have others but i just thought I show some splatzone things, There is also minor ones where zone does not get claimed when it should and other things, from what I seen lag does effect the game a lot, just people only notice it when it is glaring groundbreaking.

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
Best one was seeing brushstrokes swinging in mid-air for 2 seconds after I killed the guy. His body had vanished but the ink was going back and forth and hit me

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I once won my team the game in RM by doing that glitch where you can super jump for a moment after grabbing the rainmaker, I jumped to my beacon in the enemies elevated side path in Museum that they failed to notice, and made it just 1 point past where they had made it with a few seconds left.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I have to deal with lag like 24/7 where I live. We can't get better internet so we're stuck with limited and very laggy internet. I kinda learned to cope with it, ultimately resulting in me (without intending to) weaponize it. Because of the lag, sometimes I can take multiple hits or kill people when they're apparently not even near me. I'm pretty sure I've pissed off my fair share of people with this, but I can't help it since I can't really fix my internet until I move back into the city.

Nonetheless, I do constantly make mistakes. I walk into peoples still flinging ink after they're dead. Usually, I can avoid that to make myself kill them but them not kill me but more often than not I get splatted too because i'm rather clumsy.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
During the introduction when the camera panned over our team, ink bullets were flying into us from off-screen. Turns out our Splattershot Pro somehow had been allowed to move before the rest of us and was shooting at us while standing in front of the spawn! :p The lobby had been pretty weird before, which explains the odd lag.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Never thought I’d see two Rainmaker tornadoes on screen at the same time. It was kind of terrifying. Now I’m curious what a mode with several Rainmakers would be like…

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I had a lag experience that was pretty entertaining, during a quad and @Shun_one was the one that caused it (trust American internet right? ;P). Triggerfish Zones, we were basically being spawn camped in street when the other team hits 0 and Stop Battling! appears, except we don't go anywhere. I look down at the GamePad and discover that Shun still has complete control and movement around the map. Everybody else was stuck and unable to move, since the match had ended, but somehow Shun's Wii U wasn't given the data pack to signal the end of the match. Even the GamePad map was odd, because his arrow was moving around the map, but wasn't changing direction (which it normally does to let you know what direction your teammates are facing). My inkling even changed from the normal stance to the special ready stance (for whatever reason the auto-charge special was still in effect so my special was charged). Then all of a sudden, "A communication error has occurred." popped up and we all got kicked from the match (and lost 2 points from our rank). I have a strange feeling our Japanese quad that destroyed us also disconnected so nobody won the match xD

Grflrgl

Inkster Jr.
There were six of us blazing away when, all of a sudden, the world shifted and everyone was in a different place? We all stood there for a split second, looking at each other, trying to figure out what happened, and then started blazing away at one another again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom