Funny Team Lineups

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Because sometimes the matchmaker is just weird, y'know?

(I've been getting frustrated with it a lot so I'm trying to focus on the more humorous moments with it)

Mahi Mahi Splatzones: My team was :wst_roller_compact01::wst_roller_compact01:
Ignoring the carbon copy involved (I had to make the pun), that's three short range weapons, and a Splash Wall that probably won't get as much usage as it could.

We got to the zone dang fast, though.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
I once had a match with three Dynamos on each team. I was laughing really hard for a solid minute.

Also, I once had a team full of Sprinklers (or at least three out of four) on Mahi-Mahi Resort Splat Zones. The wall facing our base above the zone was covered in Sprinklers!

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Yesterday I had a team of two carbons, a dynamo and an inkbrush of some sort on Pirahna Zones. It wasn't good... It wasn't really a suprise though because the other map was Blackbelly, and I think Carbons and Dynamos are amazing choices for both maps so...

And during one splatfest my team was three sloshing machines and someone else. That was pretty cool.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I only recall one occasion on which I faced an all-Charger team, but... it was scary. This was some time back, on Saltspray TW. My team must've had a fairly standard composition, and the opponents were some combination of Splat Chargers and E-Litres, probably mostly the latter. They took the north and held it with a vice grip. They must've been mostly or all S/S+, so dodging past them didn't seem to be an option, but with around 30 seconds to go, I made a mad dash and somehow got myself under safe cover in the north section, after which we were just barely able to out-turf them. I was immensely proud of making that play which really shouldn't have worked.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
Welll, I´ve been put in games with 2-3 chargers on each side. Those situations certainly are challenging, especially as a short-ranged weapon. You essentially need to avoid wide open areas as best as possible. Of course, maps like mahi-mahi and moray are a complete nightmare with those kind of matchups. I usually just hope that the game will be over soon. Even inkzookas aren´t all that helpful when the matchup is like that. By the time you blast away one charger, another one will have sniped you.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Earlier when I was doing a squad with a friend, we found ourselves on a team composed of a Wasabi Splattershot, Refurbished Mini Splatling, and two Custom Hydra Splatlings.... On Camp Triggerfish during Rainmaker. Somehow we managed to win - probably all thanks to the Hydra who went 15/3. :P

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Once had a team of all brush users. I had an octobrush, along with another player, and two inkbrushes. It was triggerfish turf war. The enemy team had a sniper. We all just rushed to the middle to get away from them. That was funny. This was a while back now, I forget if we won or not, I'm going to assume no. Still had a lot of fun, though. c:

thegaminghobbes

Inkling
A team composed of mostly chargers, or all chargers even, is pretty funny. With the right placement and map we can stonewall the other team, or completely die and lose. Not much of a middle ground in my experience. This is turf war though; in Ranked the variety of gameplay mitigates the weapon line-up.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So a carbon roller, bamboolzer (me), splatterscope, and e-litre walk into Kelp Dome Rainmaker. They get steamrolled by quartet of shooters.

(Matchmaker: Totes balanced! lol)

The two "real chargers" find their perches and stick close to them the entire match while carbon roller and I try to 2v4. About two minutes pass, we can get no points on the board, map control is nonexistent, all four of us have been splatted again and they're making one final push to the podium. Then suddenly, I'm watching the rainmaker bearer who splatted me on my kill cam go POOF. The rainmaker resets at the middle and after fully respawning I jump up and down on the spawn point spamming "Booyah!" like a buffoon. Excitedly I ran straight for the rainmaker, popped it, spammed "C'mon" and started to get us some points. The chargers just re-glued themselves to their perches while the carbon roller and I spent nearly the rest of the match fighting side-by-side across the grates rather than ink our way across the entire map. And those three shooters were determined not to let us win. Once we finally got the lead we took turns playing keep-away against the shooters until the clock ran down than risk pushing further. Such an exhausting five minutes...

And recently I did my first tri squad. Rainmaker match with myself at A- with a Heavy Splatling teaming up with two S rank shooters. One match we faced a quartet of Japanese S+ Octobrush users (three vanillas, one nouveau). They slapped us silly. During one engagement near our base, one of them went kraken and I held him at bay. And then his teammate krakened behind him. I readied another charge and backed up to take on both of them. But then like synchronized swimmers they crisscrossed in front of me then hit me from both sides in unison. It was beau~tiful~! I just couldn't get salty about it. Instead I just felt lonely and jealous. Why do they get to be brush buddies, I want brush buddies too! *sniffle*

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Once had a team of all brush users. I had an octobrush, along with another player, and two inkbrushes. It was triggerfish turf war. The enemy team had a sniper. We all just rushed to the middle to get away from them. That was funny. This was a while back now, I forget if we won or not, I'm going to assume no. Still had a lot of fun, though. c:
Not sure whether I would enjoy or hate being the sniper the other team. On one hand, you're all brushes—they have to be in kissing range to even hit me. And on the other hand, you're all brushes—"stand still dammit!! Does anyone have a distruptor or a very high wall?"

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
I had much that was all snipers my team and their team. This was on turf war so it was super hard to cover area and of course there was no kelp splatterscopes for the sprinklers nor splatterscopes for the splat bomb rushes. it was only elites, and two squiffers. This game was proof of the meta with snipers!;)

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Two Carbons, a Tempered, and a Kelp on the other team, Krak-On, Tempered, Carbon Deco, and '89 on ours. It was a very...flick-y match, I guess.

There was also this hilarious moment:
*splatted by Kelp* "Haha, she must be having the time of her life right now." *watches in killcam as Krak-On leaps up to her perch and splats her, looking like those whales or sharks jumping up to snatch food* "Or not."

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
1 vs 4 on Saltspray, this was before many patches that prevented easy DC's. Unfortunately, i was the one lonely Kelp Charger on an empty team. Since i had tenacity on i could fire rave lasers every few seconds. Worth it!

Me being in an entire team of Chargers and E-Liters, on hammerhead. When i died i saw two of my allies getting stuck at spawn because a .52 kept spamming walls spawncamping my entire team while the rest of their team idly sat on the tower. Was kind of painful.

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
I also remember that one time on blackbelly TC where every single person in the match was an e-liter (excpet for me, a splatterscope, and a dual squelcher on the enemy team). That match looked more like a game of laser tag than Splatoon. Funnily enough, the enemy e-liters never managed to snipe me, only the enemy dual squelcher got me around three times. We managed to grab the victory thanks to me getting up close to the enemy e-liters and sniping them with the help of my faster charge time.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
:wst_charge_long01::wst_roller_heavy01:
against
:wst_shot_normal00:
. The start of the match was like a huge gasp for air, and I was prepared for a match of being hopelessly out maneuvered.

We actually stomped them, but only because the :wst_shot_normal00: disconnected and one of the brushes only got 98 for whatever reason.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@Floating Eyeball DISGRACEFUL!! Was their head not in the game? How the heck do you go 98 with a brush?! Were they lagging, timing out, or disconnecting too? Were they squid partying? Did they only swing the brush once and reach some cleanliness epiphany?

*clenches fist* They have dishonored the brushdojo! Even new brushers that only roll can surpass 100. They should be thrown into a 5v1 brush match by themselves and repeatedly brushed to respawn as punishment! Shame.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Tempered Dynamo, .52 Gal, and Kelp on the other team. The map was, of course, Port Mackerel.
We made a huge lead at the start, but after that, there were multiple plays of double wails, usually followed up by the third. It was constant Leap of Death.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
My team: H3, Ink Brush (my friend) in twins.
We got paired with 2 Carbons.

We got to face:
2 52s, and 2 Tentateks

At Museum Zones.

We lost, but we put up a good fight. Game! Why didn't you give us the shooters!?

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Today on Port Mackarel rainmaker I had

Carbon
Carbon Deco
Hydra Splatling
Eliter

It was hilarious because we won even though the other team had two shooters, a splat charger and a krak on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom