• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Future Maps Wish List

Gis4Gamer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Gis4Gamer
Doesn't the Wharehouse have a really high roof? Port Mackerel also has one.
Yes, but the roofs are high up. They won't interfere with the rocket or super jump. As long as the roof of the map is high enough then it should be fine.

Gis4Gamer

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Gis4Gamer
As I said *really high* roof.
You're right. When I said "I do not think they are going to make a map with any sort of roof," I didn't think of really high roofs. So I should of said "I do not think they are going to make a map with any sort of low roof."

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I definitely want any icy area at night. I love the atmosphere of those kind of levels.

Greeny

Inkling
NNID
SpeedDeoxys
An large abandoned factory and a underground cave are the only things I could come up with.

nfan10039

Semi-Pro Squid
I think a stage at night with fireworks would look extremely cool(something like Mk8's Rainbow Road 64, but not RR64). I also wish to see Delfino Plaza since GameXplain uses the Mario sunshine music all the time. I would also like to see a course that is an underwater level(we all know that Inklings can't swim, but it could work if they change the mechanic for that one stage.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
I think a stage at night with fireworks would look extremely cool(something like Mk8's Rainbow Road 64, but not RR64). I also wish to see Delfino Plaza since GameXplain uses the Mario sunshine music all the time. I would also like to see a course that is an underwater level(we all know that Inklings can't swim, but it could work if they change the mechanic for that one stage.
maybe somekind of spongbob squarepants-esque dome underwater to protect the inklings from the water?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Doesn't the Wharehouse have a really high roof? Port Mackerel also has one.
The warehouse also has holes I think? I guess you are right that it wouldn't be that ad with the right use of scale.
The splatfest uses fireworks made of Miiverse drawings, so the assets for that type of stage element is already done and would be easy to implement.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
A stage with nuclear power plant's smoke stacks would be cool as well as a stage in the snow with igloos or maybe a ski slope with a ski lift. It'd look very interesting with the ink on the snow.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hopefully a map which incorporated some of the platforming assets from single player.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Absolutely anything related to Sunshine or Mario Paint. :P

AceBen

Inkster Jr.
NNID
bigbenlondon
I really like the idea of crossover stages, a lot could be done
A simplified Lumiose City from Pokemon comes to mind, with the tower in the centre of the map.

Aside from crossovers, I was thinking of a snowy stage where snow sometimes makes the paint disappear, and I also think something like a pagoda would feel very fitting for this game.

FatReuniclus

Full Squid
NNID
Sillykola
^Ah... A snow level...

I could imagine that in deep snow, the ink simply soaks in and makes colored snow. This would be slightly slower to swim through and provide the scenario of "wading through yellow snow".
Oh and a level with neutral ink areas (gray ink?) in which both sides can swim through from the start.

NormalBear

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NormalB3ar
Another cool idea, map called something like "seadragon district", basically it would be on the lines of a China Town city area with narrow streets, a plaza in the middle and plenty of uses of interesting not as straight forward architecture. But visually be a hodgepodge of Japanese, Chinese & even Korean stuff, that ambiguous Asian aesthetic.

ClearlyConfused

Inkling
Delfino Plaza. Please, Neentendo.
Not symmetrical though, plus ricco harbour is the obvious squid choice from sunshine

I want.
- Skyscrapers, where you can jump between them and climb up
- A completely indoor area, making a mess inside just makes sense
- I like the idea of an old Asian inspired level sort of like dragon driftway from MK8
- An aquarium would be a really cool setting with some in door some outdoor.
- An outdoor gym with tennis courts and basketball nets.
- Desert Oasis level.
- Snowy Mountains

Just some maps that I think would work well with the characters

Last edited by a moderator:

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
If we don't get a Delfino Plaza based map, you can color me disappointed. xD I think it'd be a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom