• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Geography of Inkopolis

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
Idk if anybody's said it yet and sorry for not having images but after a recon in Inkblot Art Academy I think it's safe to say that it's somewhere in between Flounder Heights and Blackbelly Skatepark, closer to Blackbelly. I could be wrong but when I tried looking at the scenery it seemed to have the mountains and the telephone wires on one side but you could at least see the river area with city on the other.
Ok, thanks

Nairu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nairukawa
Switch Friend Code
SW-5422-7654-7317
Sorry about the lack of updates, everyone!
(I was in Japan) Yes, this thread is still active, and i hope we can pinpoint the locations of the new maps!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Might wanna look at S1 quotes from the squid sisters to find out where Ancho v is

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
Might wanna look at S1 quotes from the squid sisters to find out where Ancho v is
For anyone going to look at Ancho-V Games specifically, I just checked on Inkipedia and neither the Squid Sisters nor Off the Hook have anything location wise in their Ancho-V Games quotes. So we should check the other maps for clues.

Islar74

Inkling
Just wanted to tell something I noticed while playing in the recent Splatfest. During Splatfests, you can see fireworks in the background. While at New Albacore Hotel, the fireworks were quite close while on Blackbelly Skatepark, the fireworks were seen in the distance near the "Sky Tree Tower".

My thoughts were, "Why would Nintendo show fireworks on one map easily for players to see while in the other it's quite hard to see unless it's intentional and all launched from one location." Now, I might still be wrong, but it's something we can look into.

EDIT: I looked up some videos that showcase maps in nighttime, and as far as I can see these two maps are the only ones with fireworks.

Last edited:

Tylow

Inkling
So I don't know how alive this project is, but I tried something similar a while ago; trying to find the rough lay of the land around each map. I didn't get far, buT I've just thrown together ths map based off of some Super-Jump-Pics I got from Moray Towers;

Islar74

Inkling
A shame this thread is so dead. Anyways, I tried to make a comprehensive map of our findings.

The “Sky Tree” can be seen from Inkopolis Plaza. Arowana Mall has this tower basically next door to it. The tower can be seen between buildings across the water on Blackbelly Skatepark. The Sky Tree could also be seen from The Reef, but after the renovation, not anymore. However, it's still visible from The Reef in Octo Canyon.

From The Reef, a Ferris wheel can be seen. This Ferris wheel can be seen on Manta Maria and from Hammerhead Bridge.

During Splatfests, on Hammerhead bridge, fireworks can be seen above an island that is connected with a bridge to the Ferris Wheel. This might actually be where Skipper Pavilion is located since fireworks can be seen very close there. Skipper Pavilion also has a view on two cityscapes that are connected by a bridge. This bridge could be Hammerhead Bridge.

Fireworks can also be seen on Blackbelly Skatepark, but in the distant, even behind the Sky Tree. This might actually be where New Albacore Hotel is located since it has fireworks explode very close to it. Also on New Albacore Hotel, water is just visible around the buildings on team Bravo’s spawn, which means Arowana Mall is located between Blackbelly Skatepark and New Albacore Hotel

From Inkopolis Square, the Inkopolis Tower is visible. It’s said in an interview that from Square, it is a 20-minute walk to Plaza. From Square, a hanging monorail can be seen behind the Deca Tower. The same monorail can be seen in The Reef. They must be close to each other.

From Inkopolis Plaza, another Ferris wheel is visible. This one does not look like the one seen on The Reef, but does look a lot like the one in Wahoo World. If that’s Wahoo World, that means that Blackbelly Skatepark is between Arowana Mall and Wahoo World.

The Inkopolis Tower is visible from Octo Valley.

Inkopolis map locations.png

Last edited:

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
Wow, amazing work! It's thrilling to finally see observable results manifest from the research and creative efforts everyone put into this. I agree that it's a shame the thread kinda died for a while there; the fleshing-out of our wonderful Splatoon universe inspires us in many ways, even if it may be unofficial or non-canon. I'm currently outlining a plot for a fanfic, and could totally use maps like these as resources to help write a more believable setting (with your permission of course, and credit given). As such, your efforts are encouraged and very much appreciated! ^_^

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
damn i honestly feel really bad for abandoning this thread. With being in a semi competitive team, (failing) school and discord being generally faster, i've very rarely been on squidboards. After a while the spark i had for splatoon geography kind of fizzled out and i thought it would've lit up again with splatoon 2, but it honestly didn't. And trust me i really tried, but really couldn't get into it. I will say that i have been coming back every now and then and really impressed with some of the work you guys have been doing. I don't see myself adding to this thread for the time being, but i will be checking back every now and then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom