• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Misfire?

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Pretty sure we DDOS'd it at the beginning. The game has gotten a lot more people following it I guess. At least they extended it an extra hour once it got going again so we got to play, and that part went pretty well. The GOOD news is we had that. Many. People that wanted to play!

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Pretty sure we DDOS'd it at the beginning. The game has gotten a lot more people following it I guess. At least they extended it an extra hour once it got going again so we got to play, and that part went pretty well. The GOOD news is we had that. Many. People that wanted to play!
What. Extended it an extra hour...? SINCE WHEN!?

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Wait not even between 7 and 8 when they had it run long?

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Oh noooooo...you didn't know!? I stayed in trying to get a match the WHOLE time. At about 7pm it got PERFECT and I got to play matches until 8!

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Oh noooooo...you didn't know!? I stayed in trying to get a match the WHOLE time. At about 7pm it got PERFECT and I got to play matches until 8!
I think you are trolling :I

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
No! I am not! Go check out the Global Testfire Discussion Thread! A lot of other people did too! I even streamed the whole time so I have video proof too...

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Well then... I'm sure im not the only one screwed over by this late notice. Eh the game comes out next week anyways.

ShrekItRalph

Inkling
Yeah, it was working fine once they fixed the servers, I played constantly for the second hour... hopefully not to many people get turned off by the first hour not working...

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Yeah, it was working fine once they fixed the servers, I played constantly for the second hour... hopefully not to many people get turned off by the first hour not working...
Honestly who wouldn't have gotten tired of loading screens and errors for 40 minutes straight? This was a bad move.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Yeah it's a shame. I think they just didn't see the load coming...but yeah at least full game in under a week

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
The server stress test was necessary, but the rebound in the extension hour was unexpected. If that's how swiftly Nintendo will deal with server issues, count me colorfully and pleasantly surprised.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
More like a Global Overfire! Don't you guys realize this means that Splatoon is guaranteed to have many players at launch! If we overloaded their servers it potentially shows the massive fanbase this game has.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
it potentially shows the massive fanbase this game has.
That's what I was thinking. The one good sign here is that this game has gone bigger than Nintendo ever expected already. It will also likely not be that insane an impact at launch because everyone will actually get their copy at different times and some people who played a free demo will not have the money at release.

MaxwellsTime

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MaxwellsTime
That's what I was thinking. The one good sign here is that this game has gone bigger than Nintendo ever expected already. It will also likely not be that insane an impact at launch because everyone will actually get their copy at different times and some people who played a free demo will not have the money at release.
I'm afraid after a month people will stop playing! Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It was really bad in the first hour, I could only connect in ONE match during the whole hour. The extended hour worked mostly fine, though.
I'm afraid after a month people will stop playing! Hopefully that doesn't happen.
Some people will stop playing, some won't. The game isn't going to die in a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom