• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Misfire?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Basicly servers crapped out for the first hour, Nintendo got it back up and running, extended the test-fire by another hour.
I know, but I don't know why the servers stopped functioning. That is what I mean. :p

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I know, but I don't know why the servers stopped functioning. That is what I mean. :p
Too many people logging on at the same time. The other test fires had 3 chances to play the game. So if you used one, it wasn't a big deal. Ever since the test-fires happened, the game has been getting more hype. So more people definitely wanted to play the game one last time before launch. Give people only one time to play, and have that time during prime time in most places, and yeah, you are gonna bring down the servers.

Xitara

Inkling
NNID
Xitara
At least in America, it was at a pretty decent hour since people were coming home from work, it was a Saturday, and a lot of kids are starting to get off of school for Summer break.

Seems like things straightened out in the extended hour, so I hope there aren't any issues when the game launches.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
*raises hand* Was one of the people who was uninformed.

But yeah, slightly disappointed I didn't get to play more than the first two matches, but I got to play the first three testfires anyway, and the game comes out in a week.

I'm happy this can also mean they can try to work out the kinks of whatever happened yesterday.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
For the first 30 minutes I was absolutely livid. Only getting one game to play, I was practically shouting at the screen. (Luckily no one heard me). I was looking for anything online to satisfy my itch but nothing really helped.
So when I finally got to play, I went nuts. Just goes to show ya that even not playing the game can make it more exciting for when it actually launches.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
During the first Testfires I'd had a lot of issues, spent more time banging my head against error messages than getting to play. I was convinced the issue was my old router, was probably long overdue for an upgrade anyway, and bought a new one just so I could play Splatoon.

When it stopped working again I almost had a heart attack, if that didn't fix it then what do I do? Am I gonna be able to enjoy this game when it comes out? Was such a huge relief when it turned out not to be my end, and when it came back up I was so happy to find that everything worked perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom