• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Global Testfire Redux!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So today it was announced on Twitter and Tumblr that they're bringing back the Global Testfire demo next week from the 25th thru the 28th and only playable between 3–5pm PT.

It'll be "No items, Fox only, Final Destination," much like the original testfires (I'm guessing). Splattershot Jr., Splattershot, Splat Roller, and Splat Charger with only Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse.

For some reason I always thought there was a demo available already—correct on this if I'm wrong. And I can understand wanting to entice new players, but why only that tiny of a timeframe?!

Really makes me wish there was a spectator mode for this game so I can watch the would-be newbs play. And at the same time I'm a little worried of the griefers attracted to the newb playpen. =/

Your thoughts?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I think this is an awesome idea to keep Splatoon thriving and hopefully continue to push sales. But the timeframe is a little funny isn't it?

I almost want to participate because I never got to play the original testfire (not that it really matters at this point). But yeah, I agree spectating this would be so much fun.

I really wanna go and spread the word about this but I feel like all my friends who own a Wii U already own Splatoon... and at this point most people who don't yet own a Wii U aren't rushing out to get one :(

Babycowland

Semi-Pro Squid
I for one I'm looking forward to trying out the demo again and getting rekt by people who have never played the game before, haha.

Seriously though, I'll probably play a few rounds just for nostalgia's sake or something.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I might play some rounds because I'm a Splattershot Jr. main anyway, and I like the idea of not having to deal with all of the advanced weapons that easily destroy it.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Interesting. I'd play, but I own the game so I don't see the point.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I know there's a demo mode at Best Buy and similar places, but idk about one on the woo itself...

too bad this thing's happening on all my work days that weekend =p

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
This is interesting. Thanks for the info!

Frankly, I'm 100% for anything which would widen the player base at this point. Also, this is more clear evidence that Nintendo has not given up on Splatoon, despite the protests of the doomsayers.

I don't plan to play right now, but if I do, I certainly won't be taking things seriously. Spectating would be a heck of a lot of fun though. For those planning on participating, please don't slaughter the noobs. I mean, we do all want the player base to grow, right?

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
I wish I had such a surplus of free time set aside for playing Splatoon not the way I'd normally play (i.e. ranked), but be cool and spend the entire time playing the demo indulging in the joy of attacking any possible newbies.

Okay, not really, but seriously, I can't get myself to really support that kind of thing. yeah, nothing is stopping you, but it seems pretty poor in taste imo

that being said, it would be cool if these were regularly scheduled if the next Splatoon game came out. If I recall correctly, weren't there official Nintendo devs playing during the Global Testfire back then? They had labcoats, I think. It would be cool if, after the hypothetical Spla2n came out, high-ranked players (S, S+) could sort of be the "guide" for anyone trying the game out via testfire. (honestly i just want to be able to wear one of those labcoats)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I might play a few rounds and RP as a totally new player. Look down and shoot the ground while running, ink the walls, use a roller and only roll with it, and suck with a charger, oh wait, that's my normal charger experience. ;)

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
So today it was announced on Twitter and Tumblr that they're bringing back the Global Testfire demo next week from the 25th thru the 28th and only playable between 3–5pm PT.

It'll be "No items, Fox only, Final Destination," much like the original testfires (I'm guessing). Splattershot Jr., Splattershot, Splat Roller, and Splat Charger with only Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse.

For some reason I always thought there was a demo available already—correct on this if I'm wrong. And I can understand wanting to entice new players, but why only that tiny of a timeframe?!

Really makes me wish there was a spectator mode for this game so I can watch the would-be newbs play. And at the same time I'm a little worried of the griefers attracted to the newb playpen. =/

Your thoughts?
I've heard about this too!

No, there is not a plain Splatoon demo you can play on everyone's Wii U, which makes sense because it'll probably be a small trickle of players
There is of course the Splatoon Demo in stores, but that's just Octo Valley.

I wish I could spectate as well, but I do want to play around with some noobs
I'll make sure to tone it down, tho
Maybe I'll use a charger, since that is not my weapon

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Yeah, if I had a capture card I'd find some enjoyment in RPing a sort of embedded reporter during the new testfire. Dodge the occasional veterans and griefers while sightseeing and "interviewing" players throughout the matches.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I might play a few rounds and RP as a totally new player. Look down and shoot the ground while running, ink the walls, use a roller and only roll with it, and suck with a charger, oh wait, that's my normal charger experience. ;)
When I started my second alt, I developed a brilliant method to do just that with the Jr.: play facing a mirror! Only works if you have a suitable reflective surface, of course, but it's really convincing. The main problem was that I couldn't help still using good bomb-throwing technique due to muscle memory...

Maave

Inkling Commander
This is awesome! I never played the testfire or early game, I came late to the party. Those are my days off, right when I wake up. I'm gunna rock a roller

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
From the sounds of this, a lot of veterans are going to partake in the testfire. I feel sorry for any actual newbies who show up :P

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
From the sounds of this, a lot of veterans are going to partake in the testfire. I feel sorry for any actual newbies who show up :p
As long as they rock the newbie RP, then it will be fine. Please don't be rude to the baby squids, guys. ;~;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom