Going from S Rank to S+ Rank without losing? Has that been done before?

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Now, I very recently managed to get to S+ Rank from S Rank without losing any battles. I uploaded my gameplay to YouTube, if you don't believe me, but my question is has anyone ever done that before? Like I don't want to get all excited over it if it happens like all the time.

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
Wow, congrats! That's pretty impressive. :D

I haven't managed to do that, no. My S to S+ journey was very tedious as I had difficulty in finding a good team composition who worked well together. In the end, I gave up using my main weapons and decided to use weapons with Echolocator and all of a sudden it wasn't all that tedious reaching S+ anymore.

I think when trying to reach S+ it's important to remember that it's definitely a team effort; you're all trying to reach S+. Assisting my team with Echolocator helped greatly, and I was able to reach S+ quicker than I thought. It's just about filling in the gaps and considering ,"What's missing?" and, "Why am I losing?" It took me a few losses to understand that.

Wow, I got a bit carried away, ah ha ha. Anyway, congrats again on your awesome feat! Do you mind sharing the video?

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Wow, congrats! That's pretty impressive. :D

I haven't managed to do that, no. My S to S+ journey was very tedious as I had difficulty in finding a good team composition who worked well together. In the end, I gave up using my main weapons and decided to use weapons with Echolocator and all of a sudden it wasn't all that tedious reaching S+ anymore.

I think when trying to reach S+ it's important to remember that it's definitely a team effort; you're all trying to reach S+. Assisting my team with Echolocator helped greatly, and I was able to reach S+ quicker than I thought. It's just about filling in the gaps and considering ,"What's missing?" and, "Why am I losing?" It took me a few losses to understand that.

Wow, I got a bit carried away, ah ha ha. Anyway, congrats again on your awesome feat! Do you mind sharing the video?
There's like five parts, but here, I uploaded it to youtube

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
I don't mean to diminish your own contribution to each game, but that's not typically going to happen unless you're consistently and favourably matched with other good players. I watched some of your games and it's pretty obvious you have decent teams (relatively speaking).

But, I bet it felt great to keep on winning :) Hope you can keep it up!

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
I don't mean to diminish your own contribution to each game, but that's not typically going to happen unless you're consistently and favourably matched with other good players. I watched some of your games and it's pretty obvious you have decent teams (relatively speaking).

But, I bet it felt great to keep on winning :) Hope you can keep it up!
Thanks and I hope so, too haha! I know there's absolutely no way to get to S+ 99 without losing, I mean at least for me. I just hope I keep getting lucky!

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Grrr...I can't rise above S 40 despite being able to survive with positive KDRs against S+ players in Squad battles...disconnections certainly don't help either. Now that I just got the LAN adapter I'm hoping I'll quickly rise to the top.

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Grrr...I can't rise above S 40 despite being able to survive with positive KDRs against S+ players in Squad battles...disconnections certainly don't help either. Now that I just got the LAN adapter I'm hoping I'll quickly rise to the top.
Ya, I wouldn't dare touch Splatoon without a wired connection. Especially when trying to excel in ranked battles.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Splatoon is actually harder with a wired connection in my experience.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
How so? Thus far since I got the adapter I've been much better, but there was a short amount of time where I felt like I was playing at a slower pace due to my familiarity with being laggy.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
How so? Thus far since I got the adapter I've been much better, but there was a short amount of time where I felt like I was playing at a slower pace due to my familiarity with being laggy.
In my experience, it throttles the connection. With wired, I get hit around corners by Inkzooka's and enemy players swim through my team's ink more too. It's playable but the timing of taking down enemies is a lot more strict. Trades will happen more often.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Alright, I believe you. For the record, I wasn't trying to argue with you or anything. I've just had a different experience :) But I know that I got a LAN Adapter in the first place because of those very issues. I live in a dorm and the wireless internet is ****ty on campus, but it works like a dream with the wired connection now.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Alright, I believe you. For the record, I wasn't trying to argue with you or anything. I've just had a different experience :) But I know that I got a LAN Adapter in the first place because of those very issues. I live in a dorm and the wireless internet is ****ty on campus, but it works like a dream with the wired connection now.
Well in that case, it's wise to use the wired connection. Where I am, I can get a great connection on Wireless. Anyways, good luck in your Ranked endeavors.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Ask thatsrb2dude. He probably did it. My road to S+ was interesting. i got to A+ with the vanilla jet but struggled to get to S. So i dropped the jet and used the dual and got to S, but struggled to stay in S. So i lowered my sensitivity to -2 (i was at +5) and consistently stayed S, but struggled to get to S+. So switched to the forge splattershot pro and got to S+ and now my sensitivity is at -2.5, and learning to use bamboozler (doing pretty well with it so far) and rapid pro (still suck with this). I still use the dual squelcher, just wish it killed a little faster. At the moment i'm mostly using the forge because of it's faster time-to-kill.

Last edited:

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Ask thatsrb2dude. He probably did it. My road to S+ was interesting. i got to A+ with the vanilla jet but struggled to get to S. So i dropped the jet and used the dual and got to S, but struggled to stay in S. So i lowered my sensitivity to -2 (i was at +5) and consistently stayed S, but struggled to get to S+. So switched to the forge splattershot pro and got to S+ and now my sensitivity is at -2.5, and learning to use bamboozler (doing pretty well with it so far) and rapid pro (still suck with this). I still use the dual squelcher, just wish it killed a little faster. At the moment i'm mostly using the forge because of it's faster time-to-kill.
That's actually a great idea! I'll hit 'em up right now. And I hear you, like through S I've been consistent with the custom jet and the sensetivity at +5 but I really wish there was a weapon that shoots as far as the jet, but does as much damage as the splatter pro. like i prefer shooting from a far but more often than not the opponent has time to move if Im hitting them.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
That's actually a great idea! I'll hit 'em up right now. And I hear you, like through S I've been consistent with the custom jet and the sensetivity at +5 but I really wish there was a weapon that shoots as far as the jet, but does as much damage as the splatter pro. like i prefer shooting from a far but more often than not the opponent has time to move if Im hitting them.
Yeah. My playstyle is similar to yours. I love keeping my distance, which is why i like using more long ranged weapons. i suck at closer range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom