Goo Tuber Rework

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I like the Goo Tuber. Yes, the weapon has its flaws, but having the flexibility of being able to swim around freely while charging is invaluable.
Unfortunately, three things are true. Goo Tuber is not strong, Goo Tuber is nearly impossible to buff without reworks, and Goo Tuber is already the most gimmicky weapon in the entire series.

So, my idea is to take away a few of Goo Tuber's gimmicks and put them on a brand new charger. For the sake of simplicity.
Here are my thoughts:

--=-=--
The New Tuber

Goo Tuber will be receiving a few changes. First, it will lose the ability to splat with a partial charge. Second, it will exit a charge hold at the same speed as other chargers instead of instantly. To compensate for this, the weapon will keep charging while holding a charge, and its range will be increased to be about an eighth of a line less than the Splat Charger's.

This turns the current Goo Tuber into an extremely mobile backline that can charge while moving. If that's not enough, it paints well, too.

--=-=--
The Goo Twober

A new charger will be added that has the current Goo Tuber's maximum range, but charges in 1.1 seconds (Goo Tuber charges in 1.25 seconds) and has standard-range tap shots. It inherits Goo Tuber's ability to hold partial charges and exit a charge hold instantly, but can only hold a charge for the standard 1.5 seconds. The weapon deals 100 damage at 50% charge, but it gets most of its range from the second half of its charge.

This takes the classic Goo Tuber playstyle of being a midline mix-up, sheds the unnecessary gimmicks, and gives it a few buffs.

--=-=--
Thanks for reading my idea, feel free to comment on it and provide feedback.
Have an excellent day.

Babab

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7735-7052-6321
Cool ideas! For the second one do you mean adding a completely new weapon?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Cool ideas! For the second one do you mean adding a completely new weapon?
Yes. I'd come up with a name and design, but that would eat up valuable productivity.

Anyway, let's call it the C-Weeder and give it a leafy theme reminiscent of the Kelp Splat Charger from Splatoon 1.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Yes. I'd come up with a name and design, but that would eat up valuable productivity.

Anyway, let's call it the C-Weeder and give it a leafy theme reminiscent of the Kelp Splat Charger from Splatoon 1.
Shouldn't you do this to the first one, and turn the original goober into the second one? Since the first one is the one with basically charger range?

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Both of these are really cool playstyles. I think charging faster than squiffer is a bit extreme, especially for a weapon that can exit the charge hold instantly, but there are a lot of great ideas here. I plan to take both of these, smush them together, and use that as my inspiration for buffing goober in riibalanced, because it being able to switch between these playstyles would be really, really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom