• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Good or bad patch

Good or bad patch?

• Good

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Mid

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lisku

Inkling Commander
i think it was pretty good overall (especially for kraken) 7/10

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
it was good, but only barely. i like that they are actually taking a look at a lot of the weaker weapons, but the changes they got were not exactly what they needed, but better than nothing.
oh yeah no more kraken cheese but that should have been addressed a while ago ESPECIALLY BEFORE WORLDS (i dont know if it was actually used there i didnt get to finish watching but still)

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Everything was well deserved and they took the game in a healthy direction even though the really good weapons only received slaps on the wrist and the meta specials weren't changed, 8/10

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
Sploosh got a buff and they made a weapon 160p, this patch is a W in my book

i_eat_cars

Inkling
Pronouns
they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4675-6804-5982
kraken cheese and pencil got fixed which imo is great (and all i cared about tbh 😭), sploosh and dapples got buffed too so thats pretty awesome too :3

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
All the changes were really good changes, but it feels like they're missing some really important ones. Zooka and cooler especially. Yes, shot and pencil got 10 more pfs, but that's not exactly the biggest change.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
All the changes were really good changes, but it feels like they're missing some really important ones. Zooka and cooler especially. Yes, shot and pencil got 10 more pfs, but that's not exactly the biggest change.
i think they are going to be changed next patch. they already know how dominant they are given the points for special nerfs, they (probably) just focused more on weaker weapons first. they will also get a month and a half to see that the pfs nerfs will not be enough, too, so i have hope.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
My expectations were low, but I'm pleasantly surprised!

I didn't expect them to fix zooka but they did give shot 210p which I didn't think they'd do so soon after it got 200! Squeezer getting sent to 220 hell is nice too, didn't expect a nerf either, though the main is still ridiculous.
Also I'm shocked sorella tent didn't get 210p, you can get a lot of zookas with it (recently got 9 somehow, and I wasn't even playing to spam them, had no cooler, and I only run two subs special saver + comeback), plus camo tent got 210 in s2 and that's when it had ultra stamp of all things lol. I guess nintendo thinks it's a cool weapon and in a healthy spot, hell yeah

I like most main weapon buffs, I think they did a really good job focusing on the weaker weapons of the game:
- Sploosh getting a bigger hitbox is actually really nice since missing a shot can actually be pretty impactful when you play at a range where a ton of weapons just one shot you
- H3 and splattershot pro getting more damage is really nice, I'm glad nintendo's genuinely trying to buff these two, especially since they were only really good when they had access to damage up imo
- Nova probably isn't enough, but it's going to make playing that weapon feel way more rewarding than before, which is cool for nova players
- Luna's blasts already painted pretty decently imo so making them paint better is a cool change
- S-Blast has a lot of potential here, glad nintendo's buffing it even though it's already a high tier, with 91's insane kit it deserves to be better
- I think it's so funny how nintendo keeps buffing painbrush in every way, not realizing that the WINDUP is the issue lol, one day they'll buff that and it's going to be insane haha
- Dapple's buff is neat I guess, it might paint better because of it, 5% more run speed is a weird buff to give it, but nice that they recognize it's weak

Bubbler's buff is kind of giving random killer wail damage buff vibes but it probably won't be as annoying, and from playing it recently I think it kind of gets insta shredded the moment you put it in a relevant position, so I think it's still a good change.

Screen damage buff, sure, 30 isn't a great combo number

I really like the triple splashdown tweaks, nintendo clearly understands that it's really good at lower levels but gets shut down too much at higher levels so they reduced the giant hitbox but made it land faster, really good change

-vcarbon 160p is really funny, but playing zip with a carbon sounds really fun, so giving it more of them makes it more fun casually, I really don't mind
-vdapple 170p is nice for it, gonna feel better in solo at least
-n-zap 89 170p and gold dynamo 180p is really dumb though, nintendo clearly understands that chumps is weak but just... buff chumps then, or reduce the cooldown or something if the output is what you're worried about
-vcharger 190p happened, I have no opinons on this whatsoever.
-blue pencil +10p is really nice, probably not enough but pencil won't spam coolers for free as much at least, and the other cooler weapons will be able to keep up a bit better
-range blaster 210p is funny, this weapon literally doesn't care, but it's really good, and I don't want them to nerf the main weapon, so sure I don't mind

And kraken cheese being gone is such a giant W. Funny how nintendo also took 5 years to nerf LDE, but we were all so glad it happened, and now it's the same thing with kraken cheese

I like basically every change, but kraken cheese being gone takes this patch from a 6/10 to like, a 7.5/10 to me, I never thought it'd get fixed, the mode will be so much better thanks to that. Genuinely good patch, it's way better than what I was expecting

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
oh yeah no more kraken cheese but that should have been addressed a while ago ESPECIALLY BEFORE WORLDS (i dont know if it was actually used there i didnt get to finish watching but still)
Fun fact, the only clams map we saw iirc were mako mart, probably the best anti kraken cheese map, and umami, which arguably isn't too bad either, so while watching it I was like, wait does nintendo know?? And yes, turns out they did, so we saw no cheese!
Also I kid you not it felt like the grands maplist was zones and tc favoured lmao, there were 4 zones and tc maps vs 2 rainmaker and clams maps. It's probably unintentional, but I almost hope it is so nintendo can tweak those modes

Lisku

Inkling Commander
yea they should actually Nerf pencil instead of nerfing the special

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I like it! I would've liked to see a few more weapons getting changes, but of the ones we got I don't think there's any I'd describe as bad or undeserved (Other than maybe Range Blaster getting a points for special nerf). Personal bias also means I'm glad to see Dapples getting buffs, even if I'm not going back to them even with that.

However they removed Bonerattle Tornado cheese so that's actually going to be a 0/10 for me,

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
I think the patch was pretty okay, I'm not really a competitive player so I don't have much input on that aspect of it.
I think all of the main weapon changes and special changes were pretty good. I like Pro so seeing it get more buffs is always nice, and I like pretty much every blaster apart from Clash and Rapid Pro so Luna and S-Blast feeling a little better to use is great as well. Kraken in clams is silly so I'm happy that's finally being addressed, though of course that won't stop some people from trying to do that. Bubbler being buffed means we are one step closer to Big Swig meta because it's definitely going to get picked for it's high object damage to counter this groundbreaking buff. Wish they touched Zooka but other than that it's a decent round of changes.

Some of the PFS changes feel a little goofy, if I'm honest. I'm mostly a bit miffed about Gold Dynamo and Zap '89 because my problem is not that I couldn't get enough chumps, my problem is that chumps could be a little stronger, so I wished they made some changes to the special instead of just letting me get more of it. Carbon being 160p is very funny. It also makes me curious about the statistics of vCarbon usage because it's gotten its PFS buffed twice now lol. I guess Neo Splash being 200p is fair considering TTek is 190p, but I think a more interesting change would have been deleting it from the game.

Patch drops in like half an hour from when I post this so I hope undertow looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom