Good Solo Queue Teammates

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I've had a good amount of amazing players on my team but I don't really remember them.
Regardless, seeing my teammate get a quad or making a sneaky play like grabbing the Rainmaker while the enemy team isn't watching always feels great.
I usually "Booyah" whenever that happens.

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
There were teammates that managed to distract opponents a few matches ago, they were really good as this allowed me to focus on splatting an opponent who kept getting into our spawn area.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Happened a long time ago, but my teammate managed to jump our team’s pity claim to the enemy basket in the nick of time at the end of a heated Clam Blitz match, earning us the victory in spite of our team getting wiped in the process. I remember being the one that they actually jumped to. One of few fond memories of the game that I plan to keep a hold on for a while yet to come.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
There was one time like two months ago where I was paired with two Custom Dousers and a Dynamo player. Seems like a horrible comp at a glance and we did keep getting put together multiple times in a row but we were just incredibly in sync with each other the whole way through. I can tell all of them were looking closely at the HUD and at one another's special usage because it felt like all three of them and I went in for every push at the exact same time. One game ended with us literally taking turns using our specials in order to spawn camp our enemies optimally. Not a single platform they had was safe, most games we won almost immediately in spite of the issues.

This is possibly the only game I remember that felt dominant, but not like a single person carried on our team and it was with solo players of all things. Our K/Ds were incredibly even to back this up, I think three of us got 7 kills and the last of us killed 5 + there were 2 deaths across the whole team. Genuinely unreal.

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
Most often when I notice that I have a good soloq teammate is when I'm stuck in a double backline comp.
Most of the time when I'm in a double back comp, the other backline tries going for the same spots as me even when I'm going out of my way to stay away from them.

But every now and then the Splatoon matchmaking will strike gold and give me a backline teammate that gets it. I go right side, they go left. I play more midline, they stay back. Feels great, like we can read each other's minds. Two backlines perfectly in sync and stopping people from approaching.
They've pretty much always been chargers whenever this happens. Friended a couple as well.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
rando teammates are the best sometimes because no one can stop me from interpreting their actions in the best light possible and develop dramatic little narratives in my head about what is going on and what is being communicated and sometimes it's just so much fun.

One of my favorite interactions from very early in my newbie turf-war only days was when a teammate taught us to shark in a specific place by this-waying, demonstrating, and then booyah'ing when we followed suit. We then proceeded to continuously wipe the enemy team that repeatedly rushed us from the same angle every time. We all learned something that day, I like to think.

Now, do I have any way of knowing that complex idea was actually the intent being communicated by that teammate? Absolutely not. But since we have no way of ever knowing for sure, no one can stop me from believing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom