• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Greetings Ink Strider, my name is KungFu.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
It is a pleasure to meet you all. Mind the Avatar, it's just a werewolf, I do hope it's allowed.

I'm a very recent user on the Wii U and have gotten it for the game Splatoon in specific.
I am not very familiar with any products and games from Nintendo as this is the only console I got since the GameBoy Color.
But I'm not too daft of Nintendo as I am expecting the upcoming Zelda: Breath Of The Wild.
And I am a very experienced gamer from other platforms such as Xbox and PC, and I have a vast library of games that I've played and enjoyed on both of them.

I've started playing Splatoon about two weeks before the Last Splatfest began and I was on Team Callie. Marie most certainly deserved the win, I couldn't think of it going anywhere. Even though I was pretty livid from losing matches against her team.
After Splatfest has ended, I didn't know where to go to next since I've already finished the Single Player and have gotten through the Amiibo content before the Splatfest even started. I wasn't sure on going on Miiverse anymore since I've kind of grown disgusted of it. But I do like the artists and their drawings, and yeah'd a few things here and there.

Yet, I still want to find a community of people who I can talk to and possibly even hangout with on Splatoon. So I come here on Squid Boards to find that, and I really do hope that you guys will accept me as a community member and even at some point a guy you can hangout with.

I thank you for your time reading my introduction to your forums.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Oh my my my! Quite the backstory.

Do you do Kung Fu or is just a name?

Anyway--well, perhaps you may have arrived at a good place, a "best place" if you're seeking a Splatoon community. We're a decent gateway (drug =p) for that. And I don't blame you about that last splatfest. I played borh sides and Marie often had the stronger or more coordinated players.

And since the weekend is arriving, checkout the this Private Battle thread! Just some friendly rank mode sparring matches we do on the weekends.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
Oh my my my! Quite the backstory.

Do you do Kung Fu or is just a name?

Anyway--well, perhaps you may have arrived at a good place, a "best place" if you're seeking a Splatoon community. We're a decent gateway (drug =p) for that. And I don't blame you about that last splatfest. I played borh sides and Marie often had the stronger or more coordinated players.

And since the weekend is arriving, checkout the this Private Battle thread! Just some friendly rank mode sparring matches we do on the weekends.

I do thank you for your reply, it means a lot.
Yes, I do take my time typing. And as well as explaining myself a lot.

Also the name KungFu is just a name, unfortunately. Though it's a name that stuck with me for a while.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way about the Last Splatfest. Though I'm not afraid to say that I suck at the game, I can't really get used to using motion controls since I am more comfortable playing with a regular controller. First time I used the Wii U controller made me think that I won't get used to it, now; I can barely play a different console because I've grown with the Wii U instead. I sometimes mistaken the buttons.

And I'll be sure to check the thread when I can. I'll be happy to spar with players. Note: I've never been in a private battle before.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
It is a pleasure to meet you all. Mind the Avatar, it's just a werewolf, I do hope it's allowed.

I'm a very recent user on the Wii U and have gotten it for the game Splatoon in specific.
I am not very familiar with any products and games from Nintendo as this is the only console I got since the GameBoy Color.
But I'm not too daft of Nintendo as I am expecting the upcoming Zelda: Breath Of The Wild.
And I am a very experienced gamer from other platforms such as Xbox and PC, and I have a vast library of games that I've played and enjoyed on both of them.

I've started playing Splatoon about two weeks before the Last Splatfest began and I was on Team Callie. Marie most certainly deserved the win, I couldn't think of it going anywhere. Even though I was pretty livid from losing matches against her team.
After Splatfest has ended, I didn't know where to go to next since I've already finished the Single Player and have gotten through the Amiibo content before the Splatfest even started. I wasn't sure on going on Miiverse anymore since I've kind of grown disgusted of it. But I do like the artists and their drawings, and yeah'd a few things here and there.

Yet, I still want to find a community of people who I can talk to and possibly even hangout with on Splatoon. So I come here on Squid Boards to find that, and I really do hope that you guys will accept me as a community member and even at some point a guy you can hangout with.

I thank you for your time reading my introduction to your forums.
Welcome!!! We're so glad to have you here! You're gonna have a lot of fun!~♥

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Welcome to the Board of Squids! We're all mainly nice here so don't be shy! If you have any questions or requests, feel free to ask around! I'm also looking super forward to Breath of the Wild (even though I know I'm going to suck at it X3). Hope to see you posting around here! :D

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
Welcome to the Board of Squids! We're all mainly nice here so don't be shy! If you have any questions or requests, feel free to ask around! I'm also looking super forward to Breath of the Wild (even though I know I'm going to suck at it X3). Hope to see you posting around here! :D

Thank you, I'll be sure to ask if I need anything.
I have looked around the forums and I got to say it's pretty interesting. I love seeing everyone's discussions and topics.
And I think today should be the day that everyone will say " there was a werewolf running around ".
Thanks again!

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Thank you, I'll be sure to ask if I need anything.
I have looked around the forums and I got to say it's pretty interesting. I love seeing everyone's discussions and topics.
And I think today should be the day that everyone will say " there was a werewolf running around ".
Thanks again!
A Wolf Among Us? (Bonus points if you get the reference!)

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
A Wolf Among Us? (Bonus points if you get the reference!)
Heck yeah! Bigby Wolf is my favorite! Played the entire the game on Xbone when it was Free For Gold.
Now that I think about that game, you don't typically hear those types of Fabled stories anymore. It's mostly taught in Kindergarten but I still find them fun to read.

[SPOILERS]
I didn't even think that Bloody Mary was even considered as a Fable!
[SPOILERS]

The only time I ever heard about that one in particular was back in the 1st Grade.
I wonder if kids still talk about that stuff today. Ah well, it's good to at least see some cultural representation in something that I enjoy doing: Playing Video Games.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I only saw a little bit of the game when my sister played it but holy crap was it interesting! I really wanted to know what was going on and who killed who! (Might even just watch a let's play if I have to, but that's not as fun..) It was such a creative way to put all the fairytale characters together!

I never thought Bloody Mary was a Fable either. I heard about Bloody Mary when I was in maybe 4th grade. Gave me nightmares! I don't think many kids these days know about Bloody Mary and other fables. I wouldn't be surprise if they didn't even recognize the story of the Big Bad Wolf, which makes me feel super old.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
I only saw a little bit of the game when my sister played it but holy crap was it interesting! I really wanted to know what was going on and who killed who! (Might even just watch a let's play if I have to, but that's not as fun..) It was such a creative way to put all the fairytale characters together!

I never thought Bloody Mary was a Fable either. I heard about Bloody Mary when I was in maybe 4th grade. Gave me nightmares! I don't think many kids these days know about Bloody Mary and other fables. I wouldn't be surprise if they didn't even recognize the story of the Big Bad Wolf, which makes me feel super old.

It's fun for a single playthrough of the game in my opinion. I never really went back to it after that. And yes it's very creative.

Sorry if I gave something away, though it shouldn't spoil that much mentioning Bloody Mary, it's all in the context of what happens in the game really.
And hey, people try to find ways to scare each other to the point where they can't sleep. It's something everybody does once in awhile, and their stories just so happens to reach some kids ears.

Also feeling old? Your not the only one. But it gives some advantage to scare kids of what they don't know. Had an uncle who one time told a whole bunch of kids in a zoo that the alpaca they were afraid to pet was going to eat them if they were ever naughty. They started running and crying, and their parents weren't too amused but as cruel as it was, it was funny to watch. The guy has a dark sense of humor.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
It's fun for a single playthrough of the game in my opinion. I never really went back to it after that. And yes it's very creative.

Sorry if I gave something away, though it shouldn't spoil that much mentioning Bloody Mary, it's all in the context of what happens in the game really.
And hey, people try to find ways to scare each other to the point where they can't sleep. It's something everybody does once in awhile, and their stories just so happens to reach some kids ears.

Also feeling old? Your not the only one. But it gives some advantage to scare kids of what they don't know. Had an uncle who one time told a whole bunch of kids in a zoo that the alpaca they were afraid to pet was going to eat them if they were ever naughty. They started running and crying, and their parents weren't too amused but as cruel as it was, it was funny to watch. The guy has a dark sense of humor.
Don't worry about it at all! That only made me more interested in the game!

Most games like that are only fun the first play through. After you play it once, you know everything that's going to happen so it's not as fun.

I'm not going to lie, that sounds hilarious!! Makes me wonder how kids these days would handle the things that freaked us out. Things like the cartoon Courage the Cowardly Dog. That was a show that would constantly give me nightmares!!!!

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
Don't worry about it at all! That only made me more interested in the game!

Most games like that are only fun the first play through. After you play it once, you know everything that's going to happen so it's not as fun.

I'm not going to lie, that sounds hilarious!! Makes me wonder how kids these days would handle the things that freaked us out. Things like the cartoon Courage the Cowardly Dog. That was a show that would constantly give me nightmares!!!!

"Return The Slab! Or suffer my curse!"

That. Kept me awake at night.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Or this guy...

OR THIS GUY!!!!

The terrible memories! Just why?!
Did you know in one episode when they went to a motel, their room number was 666 1/2. The things they got away with! X3

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
The terrible memories! Just why?!
Did you know in one episode when they went to a motel, their room number was 666 1/2. The things they got away with! X3

I literally tried to find that episode and watch it since I haven't seen the show for so long. And just watching it again made the memories of being absolutely scared of spiders came "crawling" back to me. It was just so freaky yet entertaining to watch, just as it was back than. I didn't even know that the hotel room had those numbers on there to begin with, since I was probably too young and unaware of what it was and what it meant.

Still, it's good to talk about something that we both have in common with. That seems to be the one thing that most people really get and they start talking about it since they've remembered the show as a kid too. There are so many things that we could go on and on and on about with shows back then that it needs a thread of it's own. And most of the stuff from back then are now on Netflix so people can watch them at anytime of the day.

And who even watches cable television these days?

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I literally tried to find that episode and watch it since I haven't seen the show for so long. And just watching it again made the memories of being absolutely scared of spiders came "crawling" back to me. It was just so freaky yet entertaining to watch, just as it was back than. I didn't even know that the hotel room had those numbers on there to begin with, since I was probably too young and unaware of what it was and what it meant.

Still, it's good to talk about something that we both have in common with. That seems to be the one thing that most people really get and they start talking about it since they've remembered the show as a kid too. There are so many things that we could go on and on and on about with shows back then that it needs a thread of it's own. And most of the stuff from back then are now on Netflix so people can watch them at anytime of the day.

And who even watches cable television these days?
The only show I watch nowadays is Steven Universe

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
Is it good? I never really seen it.
It's surprising deep. They talk about a lot a stuff you wouldn't excepted in a kid show and has really good character development. Really reminds me of anime honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom