• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Grizzco Break Room

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
the last load out with the brella was really fun and tricky I think. It was night and day compared to the all random load-out.

I would love to see a load out that is borderline unfair. Sure it would stink to rank down from profresh but I really enjoy the challenge with sub-par weapons.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Late to the party but I'm not a fan of the new welding helmet. I love all the other work / industrial gear, especially the Headlamp Helmet. They have a feeling of "this gear gets stuff done". But the welding helmet looks ancient. When I think of 'welding mask' I think of the newer flat sided kind, maybe with some obnoxious decals like flames or an eagle & American flag.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I liked the last loadout. The egg turnouts were rather low, but I made it to 320 profresh with only one wipe, so it was a fairly safe loadout.

Gloogas are a decent boss killer. You just have to position yourself to where you can dodge roll before attacking. Sadly I never got to test and see if I could take out a Drizzler in one go with them.

Tri-Slosher is unparalleled in crowd control. Kinda weak in boss killing, but as long as the Tri-Slosher does its job, you shouldn't have much trouble with mobs.

The designated boss killer is the Splatterscope of course.

Imma gonna have to rant about Undercover Brella a bit. Why does everyone think it's so horrible? It's not amazing, but I think of it as a high-mid tier weapon in Salmon Run. It paints really well. It has great crowd control. It's very ink-efficient, so it's the safest bet for taking out Flyfish and Maws. It also has alright DPS at close range. At the very least, it can almost take out a Drizzler in one round. Sadly it's still one shot shy. If I were to name a negative, it's the Undercover Brella's effective range. You have to get really close to be effective with it, so not much taking out Steelheads. There's also the fact that things knock you back if you have your shield up, so don't have your back to the water.

I took a clip a while back because I was kind of annoyed at the claim that it takes forever for the Undercover Brella to kill a Chum.

So all-in-all, I thought it was a pretty solid loadout. A little lacking in boss killing power, but certainly not as bad as some people made it out to be.

The loadout after the current one though....phew. Things could turn out pretty rough.

Aerospray
Octobrush
Squeezer
E-Liter

Octobrush, Squeezer, and E-Liter are so ink hungry. Killing Flyfish and painting could be a problem. Also the Squeezer and E-Liter are rather unwieldy, so let's hope your teammates know how to use 'em! The loadout looks pretty rough, but I think that's what makes it so fun!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The thing about the Undercover is that it's weaker than the normal Brella but the benefit of holding your shield up as you shoot isn't as useful in SR. So it's not exactly a fair trade-off in this mode. Plus you lose the ability to launch your shield, which can be helpful...sometimes, I guess?

IDK, I still think it's a good weapon for SR, and it's not that much weakerl. Plus you can just hold the shoot button, which is worth something in my mind.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I liked the last loadout. The egg turnouts were rather low, but I made it to 320 profresh with only one wipe, so it was a fairly safe loadout.

Gloogas are a decent boss killer. You just have to position yourself to where you can dodge roll before attacking. Sadly I never got to test and see if I could take out a Drizzler in one go with them.

Tri-Slosher is unparalleled in crowd control. Kinda weak in boss killing, but as long as the Tri-Slosher does its job, you shouldn't have much trouble with mobs.

The designated boss killer is the Splatterscope of course.

Imma gonna have to rant about Undercover Brella a bit. Why does everyone think it's so horrible? It's not amazing, but I think of it as a high-mid tier weapon in Salmon Run. It paints really well. It has great crowd control. It's very ink-efficient, so it's the safest bet for taking out Flyfish and Maws. It also has alright DPS at close range. At the very least, it can almost take out a Drizzler in one round. Sadly it's still one shot shy. If I were to name a negative, it's the Undercover Brella's effective range. You have to get really close to be effective with it, so not much taking out Steelheads. There's also the fact that things knock you back if you have your shield up, so don't have your back to the water.

I took a clip a while back because I was kind of annoyed at the claim that it takes forever for the Undercover Brella to kill a Chum.

So all-in-all, I thought it was a pretty solid loadout. A little lacking in boss killing power, but certainly not as bad as some people made it out to be.

The loadout after the current one though....phew. Things could turn out pretty rough.

Aerospray
Octobrush
Squeezer
E-Liter

Octobrush, Squeezer, and E-Liter are so ink hungry. Killing Flyfish and painting could be a problem. Also the Squeezer and E-Liter are rather unwieldy, so let's hope your teammates know how to use 'em! The loadout looks pretty rough, but I think that's what makes it so fun!
I agree about the Undercover Brella, most definitely! It's very efficient when it comes to crowd control & turf and it's speedy to boot. However... I would love for it to get buffed as it deserves it. Such a cool weapon, both in looks and how it functions.
Today's weapons are fine but the Dualie Squelchers are surely the most reliable weapon out of the four. Also, is it just me or does the L-3 Nozzlenose shoot ink much quicker these days? (Or has my trigger finger gotten quicker =D)

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The Undercover Brella has a hidden advantage in Salmon Run: melee. With the normal Brella, you never want to hit mobs with the brella itself, you just want to shoot them. But the Undercover can push forward while shooting and be pretty safe from anything but a boss, even a Cohock sometimes.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
*walks into the break room and slams hat onto the table*

4 freaking shifts botched because idiots think its cute or cool (I guess) to go to the egg basket base after we finish a low tide round. I also don't understand why people run around during the glowfly rounds. For the 1000th time just camp by the egg basket.. I guess Profreshional doesn't mean 'pro' in some cases.

Edit: The L-3 does seem quicker. I never used it outside of SR so it could be I am just getting better with it.

thundasi

Senior Squid
on lost outpost after the quota is met, i just ink a wall and infinately swim up is so i dont get hit by steel eels and especially during the griller event. the grillers just cant do anything to you xD
i always do this with grillers as they remain stationary for your team. the small fries will build a pyramid to get to you if the team cant kill it.

thundasi

Senior Squid
If im inking up, to kill a drizzler targeting me i position my self between them and the water so the rain goes in the water. why more dont turn them i will never understand.
same for Steelheads and Flyfish. also kiting maws and scrappers to the basket, JUST DO IT ALREADY! And last but not least squids that dont use specials. YOUR NOT FOOLING ANYONE I CAN SEE THE UNUSED PACKETS ON YOUR HAT!!!
rant over.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Undercover Brella's main problem is it's fire rate: It only deals 40 damage and unlike other short-ranged weapons it doesn't fire fast, it has to take long pauses between shots. You can rack up extra damage by bumping into targets with your shield, but it only deals 15 damage so not much to be gained from that.
It has a similar problem with the Inkbrush, where it's one of the few lightweight weapons which has lackluster dps and range. But it gets worse: The inkbrush has a much faster dps than the Undercover, and has some mob control to go along with it. The Undercover can only fire in a straight line, meaning it can only deal that 40 damage in front of them while inkbrush can attack a wider area in front of itself at once.

Still, a lightweight weapon is always useful for egg transport, so there's that.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
So far, not a good rotation experience for me at all! I hit profresh very easily when I first started Salmon Run and never ranked down. Well, this time I actually did rank down because of dcs (leading to bad weapon setup) and very interesting teammates. Thankfully I just immediately won every match in overachiever, so I'm back where I belong :) ! I was a bit scared of being stuck there for longer than that.. But it's been a nice challenge on the other hand.

Sniper,

Why you stand right next to a Steelhead throwing bombs at me while you just pick off Small Fry?

Sincerly,
Your coworker who got stuck with the Octobrush.
I had to do similiar stuff in some matches somewhat often simply because the amount of smallfries/smaller salmonoids humping my bum made it impossible to snipe anything at all. Since no one else would shoot at them.. :oops: I've written about this on another post, I really dislike this particular situation! But of course if the team does clear them out efficiently, that's very unnecessary.

Last edited:

xyspice

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-0229-6087-5801
I had to do similiar stuff in some matches somewhat often simply because the amount of smallfries/smaller salmonoids humping my bum made it impossible to snipe anything at all. Since no one else would shoot at them.. :oops: I've written about this on another post, I really dislike this particular situation! But of course if the team does clear them out efficiently, that's very unnecessary.
It's true. I've found myself in that situation holding the charger, too. But i was right there with the brush ready to clear his path, and he just wasted time while that Steelhead bombed the [bleep] outta me! X_X

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
When you get sandwiched by 3 Scrappers and die, then get revived at the same exact spot and die again. The booyahs were real that time, and had a good laugh :D On the topic of booyahs, I gotta say I might be an extremely vocal squid. But can you really help the exitement and the cute sounds?

I'm liking this current rotation a lot! Splattershot, tenta brella, rapid blaster and squiffer work nicely together.

Last edited:

TechSkylander1518

Full Squid
Speaking of Steel Eels, do they keep doubling up for anyone else? I keep seeing two of them spawn at the same time lately. (Annoying for me-I have to wait for them to separate before I can start splatting them) It seems odd, because while I've seen bosses of the same kind spawning together before, I never saw it with Steel Eels, and certainly not this often.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
When you get sandwiched by 3 Scrappers and die, then get revived at the same exact spot and die again. The booyahs were real that time, and had a good laugh :D On the topic of booyahs, I gotta say I might be an extremely vocal squid. But can you really help the exitement and the cute sounds?

I'm liking this current rotation a lot! Splattershot, tenta brella, rapid blaster and squiffer work nicely together.
I love it when I team up with a full team of female inklings, and they're all "booyah!" happy. It's so adorable.

The rotation is the best I have seen in a while. I generally like more "troublesome" loadouts, but this one is good if I want to try to go for that 100+ egg run. 3 really good weapon with one mid-tier weapon that covers the biggest weakness of the other weapons.

Speaking of Steel Eels, do they keep doubling up for anyone else? I keep seeing two of them spawn at the same time lately. (Annoying for me-I have to wait for them to separate before I can start splatting them) It seems odd, because while I've seen bosses of the same kind spawning together before, I never saw it with Steel Eels, and certainly not this often.
It happens alot at higher Profresh difficulties. It's really irritating when they block each other's weak point. It's still not the worst though. Double Flyfish is just UGH, especially when I just killed one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom