Grizzco Break Room

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I see a lot of 'hey charger dude see that steelhead over there...?" I understand and agree whole hearty. When Mr. Grizz hands me the charger for the round I know my role. Guess what I have a hard time getting to those Steelheads at times because the squids on my crew with the good support and ink covering weapons dont ink or support that much. If I am hopping around like a idiot taking pop shots at small fries and chum, gonna have a hard time charging up that sucker. Sure go flail at that steel head with your inkbrush or shoot it in the gut with your aerospray...I got these smallfry.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
As awesome as the last loadout was, I never managed to get that ever elusive 100+ egg run. I guess if I want to, I should be less kill happy and collect more eggs, but I don't want to risk a wipe by leaving too many enemies on the stage.

Today's loadout had a nice flavor. One top tier weapon, one good weapon, and two unpopular weapons. I had two pretty nice accomplishments today.

Mommy! Mommy! I made the shot!

I wish I thought to take the screenshot before the profresh meter popped up. I managed to win a round with a DC, and two teammates who kept dying. I wish I could do this in PvP.

DW_vJNvU8AAaInt.jpg large.jpg

For the next loadout....hoo boy. I foresee some issues.

.96 Gal
Clash Blaster
Inkbrush
?

Here's the strategy. Make sure the person with the .96 Gal can be in multiple places at once. Also wish the mystery weapon that round is a weapon that can take out a Steelhead, because sadly the .96 Gal can't be in multiple places at once.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Salmoid Smokeyard’s hightide is the absolute worse.

Too much action going on from that small area.

2x Steel Eels from the right, then you have 2x Flyfish coming in from the left and a Steelhead right in the middle of all it, and the whole platform is surrounded by Chum and smallfry mixed in...

Smh.

Padre

Pro Squid
So you can now reach profresh 100, 200, 300 and 400, and continue from there between shifts.
Interesting and fun I guess.
I don't know why they stopped at 400, but I think getting that profresh 999 is now easier. :)

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
So you can now reach profresh 100, 200, 300 and 400, and continue from there between shifts.
Interesting and fun I guess.
I don't know why they stopped at 400, but I think getting that profresh 999 is now easier. :)
Do the new ranks increase difficulty, or is it just a name/title?

Padre

Pro Squid
I mean you can now continue at 100, 200, 300 and 400. If you got to 100, you'll be 100 at the next shift also, not back to 40.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I'm honestly not sure I care too much for the new change. Sure, it means you can start off at max difficulty, but max difficulty isn't exactly a walk in the park, especially in solo.

Though I guess it also means that you'll get to superbonus much quicker for those who find SR to be a chore.

I liked the fact that I had to commit if I wanted to get in the higher numbers. Loadout I really like? Let's get to 400 profresh!

Now on the topic of using specials. I admit there's times where you should use your special, like Inkjet in a glowfly wave, or Stingray in a mothership wave. Actually I think Inkjet is one of those must use specials in a bad situation, since it can instantly turn a bad situation around. It's just that things can often still go really smoothly, and specials aren't needed. I see "USE YOUR SPECIALS" alot, but they're not always necessary. What if you were saving bomb rush for wave 3, and wave 3 ends up being a goldie seeking round? Sure, it can clear out enemies if you drew a bad card, but it can also completely mess you up by hitting a bunch of gushers around you.

Last edited:

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I thought they would either be new named ranks as the patch notes implied, or that they would at least give you some indication.

But I'm really glad they implemented this. There has never been a moment where I felt compelled to try and go for the real high numbers, so I don't even know how high the paygrade gets. After about an hour of playing you get to 1200pts and by then you only get some crappy rewards, and only every 200pts, so I'm just not gonna waste my time after already playing for an hour. Being able to start at 400 from now on, though it'll make it harder of course, will hopefully speed up the process a bit.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Sweet! Now I'm never going to derank again (maybe...:p) Felt nice starting at 400 this time! The biggest struggles with teammates I've ever had in SR happened in low numbers of profreshional, so I'm very pleased for the change.

So far 96 gal, clash blaster, inkbrush and the random weapon has been going better than expected. A lot smoother wins than some easier rotations, but of course with usual losses that make me think ''how could we all do that bad :oops:'' And well, that one squid with 0 eggs delivered.. no wonder hitting the quota was hard! I'm amazed we got to round 3 without his, efforts.

Last edited:

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I've started at 100. Most of my battles had one player DC'd. I had a glitch on 1st wave of my 1st shift leaving me unable to collect eggs. Luckily, it wasn't permanent. I guess it happened when co-worker and I went after same egg but he/she DC'd... probably game thinks I'm DC'd, too.

xyspice

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-0229-6087-5801
So far 96 gal, clash blaster, inkbrush and the random weapon has been going better than expected. A lot smoother wins than some easier rotations, but of course with usual losses that make me think ''how could we all do that bad :oops:'' And well, that one squid with 0 eggs delivered.. no wonder hitting the quota was hard! I'm amazed we got to round 3 without his, efforts.
It was a mixed bag for me this round. Sometimes the random weapon was really cruel to us. One wave the random weapon ended up being an Octobrush, giving us two brushes. And they sent in grillers. X_X

Also, there's no reason for a Dynamo, Grizz. Was much happier with the Carbon Roller.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've started at 100. Most of my battles had one player DC'd. I had a glitch on 1st wave of my 1st shift leaving me unable to collect eggs. Luckily, it wasn't permanent. I guess it happened when co-worker and I went after same egg but he/she DC'd... probably game thinks I'm DC'd, too.
Probably a coincidence, but I got a lot of DCs as well, and I also got one game where we were left with only 3 people and I wasn't able to collect any eggs. Along with a lot of other things where people just played very poorly (or stayed on the low-tide basket thing - HA HA I've neeeeeeever seen that before!! What a FUN person), and of course people going "HELP HELP HELP, oh but I'm not moving". God, what a struggle. It almost feels like a real job at times, haha.

One thing that continues to baffle me is that the amount of Salmonids stays the same even when there's people disconnecting. I once had to do a wave 3 on my own. Couldn't even get anywhere near that basket.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
and of course people going "HELP HELP HELP, oh but I'm not moving". God, what a struggle. It almost feels like a real job at times, haha.
Even though this doesn't happen often to me, it's one of the most infuriating things. Even worse, I've had a few people before basically half-afking the whole match just shooting the ground in one spot and dying constantly, then spamming help as far away from the team as possible while not moving at all. After a few revives I'm not going to bother anymore, pal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom