Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
It's a me!

Calling on G1ng3rGar1
I don't understand any of that so *shrug* uwu

Uh Magolor?
I'll give you pronunciations and translations for all the posts from Ikaheishi's (the one before mine 'cause he/she has two) onwards for you. Sorry in advance for the alerts you lot.
いいえ。

がりさま!
iie. (no.)

Gari-sama! (I assume this is G1ng3rGar1 but if I'm wrong please correct me)
こんにちは

イカヘイシさん
Konnichiwa (hello; spelled with ha>wa due to weirdness of the language)

Ikaheishi-san
ううん

マリギさん?
Uun (another way of saying "no," similarly to how yes can be either はい (hai) or ええ (ee) (double-length hard sound as opposed to being pronounced like "queen"))

Marigi-san?
それは烏賊さんです!

がりさま?
Sore wa Ika-san desu! (It's Ika-san! (I translated it to "Ika" instead of "Squid" because it is being used in the context of a name)

Kari-sama?

Hope I was helpful!!!
=======================
@Ikaheishi just one thing; you shouldn't ever apply an honorific (san, sama, kun, sensei etc.) to your own name. It is something which is reserved for use in reference to other people as a sign of respect and can come across as rude if used when referring to yourself. It's the equivalent of saying "Mr. Ika" which, while not strictly wrong, can come across as incredibly pretentious if used in reference to yourself.* You wouldn't go around to people saying "Hello, I'm Mr. Ikaheishi" in the same way that I wouldn't go around saying "Hello, I'm Mr. Martin" or "Hello, I'm Mr. Evans," and the same applies in Japanese (for instance, I'd say「私はエウァンス・マーティンです」as opposed to「私はエウァンスさんです」(私 = わたし) whereas you'd say「私はイカヘイシです」as opposed to「私はイカヘイシさんです」).

*Obviously, this is barring something like a teacher in an English school introducing themselves to their students (as it's considered un-professional to have your students refer to you by your forename in a school environment), but then again English language and etiquette is full of little inconsistencies like that so it's not that wild in the great scheme of things.

Last edited:

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
ハロー

Noone's on so I'm gonna take a shot in the dark. Guessing Japanese Torchic (better known as アチャモ)!

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Hai! :)

@Ikaheishi just one thing; you shouldn't ever apply an honorific (san, sama, kun, sensei etc.) to your own name. It is something which is reserved for use in reference to other people as a sign of respect and can come across as rude if used when referring to yourself. It's the equivalent of saying "Mr. Ika" which, while not strictly wrong, can come across as incredibly pretentious if used in reference to yourself.* You wouldn't go around to people saying "Hello, I'm Mr. Ikaheishi" in the same way that I wouldn't go around saying "Hello, I'm Mr. Martin" or "Hello, I'm Mr. Evans," and the same applies in Japanese (for instance, I'd say「私はエウァンス・マーティンです」as opposed to「私はエウァンスさんです」(私 = わたし) whereas you'd say「私はイカヘイシです」as opposed to「私はイカヘイシさんです」).
I am very well aware of this, and I purposely did it for effect. For years I've done exactly the same in applying English honorifics to myself in speech. It's just part of very common routine of mine by acting out of character, all for humor. This is the forum games section, after all. This area is for fun.

However, considering the age shown on your profile, by now you should very well know that using the wrong gendered words for someone is considered a highly significant form of insulting someone. While there's room for mistakes online in situations where you do not know someone's gender (And even then, you're perfectly able to use non-gendered language in a respectful manner!), this is not one of those places as you clearly are otherwise aware of the display of gender here, evident by your choice to display this information yourself. As I have also chosen to display this same information for clarification to those whom otherwise may miss the evident cues in front of them, I am only left to deduce that you, sir, are either ignorant, or to some degree, chauvinistic. Therefore—as this was part of your condescending lecture—after those two demeaning acts I can't help being anything other than appalled and rather disgusted at your behavior towards me.

Anyway, back to the game: I think @G1ng3rGar1 is next! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom