1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

5. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Hacker Afoot with Agent 8

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by kunoichi squid, May 12, 2018.

1. kunoichi squid

kunoichi squid Inkling Cadet

Just wanted people to be aware that someone has officially hacked the game and is playing as Agent 8, the DLC character, before it is even available to the public. More details can be found on this gamefaqs page.

2. Marfie

Marfie Semi-Pro Squid

Lol they're gonna get perma banned so fast

3. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Cadet

Let's just hope we never find them in public matches until a good while after Octo Expansion has been released. I know most just want to play as an Octoling so badly, but it's better to wait until that becomes a thing that Nintendo allows. I'm content with being an Inkling Boy for now.

#3 Cephalobro, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
  4. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    Nintendo better ready their ban hammers.

Hackers in actual online games are truly deplorable, no matter what the hack. Hack offline, fine, but keep it off the public server.

But that aside, Octolings do have unique winning animation, which is a very nice touch.

#4 Gameboy224, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  5. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    I've seen several cases of this happening on twitter/forums. Save hacking was made possible a while ago, meaning people can just instantly get pures on all gear and jump their rank to X right away. It's sleazy, but at the very least it means that weapon hacking isn't a thing.... yet.

Openly showcasing that you can hack by picking an character that's unavailable to everyone else is a pretty dumb move, though. There is actual mod support in this game meaning you can get banned pretty quickly. Or perhaps even better, they can just release a patch that instantly bans anyone playing as octoling, that'd be kind of easier.

6. xXShadeXx

xXShadeXx Inkling Cadet

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3241-7928-4020
    So...those female octoling winning poses are a little...interesting to say the least. Which ones? Most of them. Nice the Octolings do have unique winning animations, though.

Flopps and Enperry like this.
  7. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Cadet

At this point, I refuse to watch any videos showing their victory/losing animations since I want to see that in-game first. So I'm hoping this won't get too out of hand before Octo Expansion releases.

8. LiX

LiX Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8003-1880-5821
    I knew about gear and so on, but... rank hacking is also a thing now? So that explains these completely poor players in X lobbies...

Aren't X scores stored serverside? Wouldn't Nintendo immediately notice if you logged in with 500 points more than you had before and compare it to their last stored value?

You can hack all the gear, tickets, single player times etc. you like. I'm a little annoyed but most commited players had all the gear they wanted long ago anyway. So I have some sympathy for new players who just got the game wanting to save some time and catching up.
    But stay away from ranked. Have some respect for players who are skilled and earned their way to the top. Practise and become good. Earn your ranks. If you hack your way up, you should be banned. Easy as that.

Drew Sebastino likes this.
  9. H0kag3_

H0kag3_ Inkling

Yeah I refuse to visit another gamefaqs fourm. People get wayyy overly dramatic over something as significant as a model swap. Its not good that they hacked the octoling accessibility, but no story content was spoiled and Im pretty sure those hackers can pay $20. Literally no one is at a disatvantage so they should just chill, the Nintendo ninjas will deal with em lol

10. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    Actually, that's a good point you're making there. I initially assumed that it would be stored on-memory, but it also could be linked to Splatnet instead.

I have no proof of it happening, so i guess time will tell.

11. Sifu

Sifu Look Behind You
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3816-1808-3393
    So this means the Switch can be hacked? That's exciting! Think of all of the Mario Odyssey and BotW mods!

#11 Sifu, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  12. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Cadet

Oh great, off course some will use Octolings in public matches before Octo Expansion comes out.

13. Chaos_Knight

Chaos_Knight Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Cha0sKnight
    Except those already happened.

14. techton

techton Senior Squid

I saw one today and got extremely confused, thinking "Did Octo-Expansion come early?" Didn't even know this guy was a hacker until I dug through the internet.
    Not a big deal at all, though. We squid/octo-partied with him. :>

H0kag3_ and Chewwiii like this.
  15. Sifu

Sifu Look Behind You
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3816-1808-3393
    Well, yeah... but on the Switch!

H0kag3_ likes this.
  16. Drew Sebastino

Drew Sebastino Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    Think of finally being able to replace the v2.0 music!

H0kag3_ likes this.
  17. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Cadet

I guess I'm lucky since I never encountered a hacker in any of my lobbies.