• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hacker Afoot with Agent 8

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Just wanted people to be aware that someone has officially hacked the game and is playing as Agent 8, the DLC character, before it is even available to the public. More details can be found on this gamefaqs page.

Cephalobro

Let's just hope we never find them in public matches until a good while after Octo Expansion has been released. I know most just want to play as an Octoling so badly, but it's better to wait until that becomes a thing that Nintendo allows. I'm content with being an Inkling Boy for now.

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Nintendo better ready their ban hammers.

Hackers in actual online games are truly deplorable, no matter what the hack. Hack offline, fine, but keep it off the public server.

But that aside, Octolings do have unique winning animation, which is a very nice touch.

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I've seen several cases of this happening on twitter/forums. Save hacking was made possible a while ago, meaning people can just instantly get pures on all gear and jump their rank to X right away. It's sleazy, but at the very least it means that weapon hacking isn't a thing.... yet.

Openly showcasing that you can hack by picking an character that's unavailable to everyone else is a pretty dumb move, though. There is actual mod support in this game meaning you can get banned pretty quickly. Or perhaps even better, they can just release a patch that instantly bans anyone playing as octoling, that'd be kind of easier.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
So...those female octoling winning poses are a little...interesting to say the least. Which ones? Most of them. Nice the Octolings do have unique winning animations, though.

Cephalobro

At this point, I refuse to watch any videos showing their victory/losing animations since I want to see that in-game first. So I'm hoping this won't get too out of hand before Octo Expansion releases.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
I've seen several cases of this happening on twitter/forums. Save hacking was made possible a while ago, meaning people can just instantly get pures on all gear and jump their rank to X right away. It's sleazy, but at the very least it means that weapon hacking isn't a thing.... yet.
I knew about gear and so on, but... rank hacking is also a thing now? So that explains these completely poor players in X lobbies...

Aren't X scores stored serverside? Wouldn't Nintendo immediately notice if you logged in with 500 points more than you had before and compare it to their last stored value?

You can hack all the gear, tickets, single player times etc. you like. I'm a little annoyed but most commited players had all the gear they wanted long ago anyway. So I have some sympathy for new players who just got the game wanting to save some time and catching up.
But stay away from ranked. Have some respect for players who are skilled and earned their way to the top. Practise and become good. Earn your ranks. If you hack your way up, you should be banned. Easy as that.

H0kag3_

Inkling
Yeah I refuse to visit another gamefaqs fourm. People get wayyy overly dramatic over something as significant as a model swap. Its not good that they hacked the octoling accessibility, but no story content was spoiled and Im pretty sure those hackers can pay $20. Literally no one is at a disatvantage so they should just chill, the Nintendo ninjas will deal with em lol

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I knew about gear and so on, but... rank hacking is also a thing now? So that explains these completely poor players in X lobbies...

Aren't X scores stored serverside? Wouldn't Nintendo immediately notice if you logged in with 500 points more than you had before and compare it to their last stored value?

You can hack all the gear, tickets, single player times etc. you like. I'm a little annoyed but most commited players had all the gear they wanted long ago anyway. So I have some sympathy for new players who just got the game wanting to save some time and catching up.
But stay away from ranked. Have some respect for players who are skilled and earned their way to the top. Practise and become good. Earn your ranks. If you hack your way up, you should be banned. Easy as that.
Actually, that's a good point you're making there. I initially assumed that it would be stored on-memory, but it also could be linked to Splatnet instead.

I have no proof of it happening, so i guess time will tell.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
So this means the Switch can be hacked? That's exciting! Think of all of the Mario Odyssey and BotW mods!

Last edited:

techton

Senior Squid
I saw one today and got extremely confused, thinking "Did Octo-Expansion come early?" Didn't even know this guy was a hacker until I dug through the internet.
Not a big deal at all, though. We squid/octo-partied with him. :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom