• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hackers are back!

Genuine

Inkling
Thank you for the warning! But I'd like to say something too.
If you encounter red ink in any battles or single player missions, do NOT worry. One of my friends just wanted to put red ink into the game for a few hours/ a day. It will NOT delete your save or won't mess up your movements, it's just an ink colour hack.
But it is kind of scary seeing an inkling explode in red ink...​

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
Thank you for the warning! But I'd like to say something too.
If you encounter red ink in any battles or single player missions, do NOT worry. One of my friends just wanted to put red ink into the game for a few hours/ a day. It will NOT delete your save or won't mess up your movements, it's just an ink colour hack.
But it is kind of scary seeing an inkling explode in red ink...
Ink color modifications are client only. There's no possibility for the game to say to the servers which colors are going to get loaded, they're not that stupid. I don't even think that the servers decide which color the game loads, but I might be wrong with that. Splatfest colors are stored in a byaml file on a Nintendo server and get downloaded when the game gets a notification about a upcoming splatfest from Nintendo.

Genuine

Inkling
Ink color modifications are client only. There's no possibility for the game to say to the servers which colors are going to get loaded, they're not that stupid. I don't even think that the servers decide which color the game loads, but I might be wrong with that. Splatfest colors are stored in a byaml file on a Nintendo server and get downloaded when the game gets a notification about a upcoming splatfest from Nintendo.
You are absolutely correct, but I just wanted to inform people just in case. Things can happen, y'know?​

Swampster

Inkling
NNID
YarnConfusion
I was laughing really hard at those Luna Blaster hacks. The hackers must've been laughing real hard as well because they're pretty much playing Splatoon as directed by Micheal Bay. Ink explosions, everywhere!

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Not a hack, so much, but I might have seen a map exploit on Triggerfish during splatfest on Saturday. My team was spawncamping some poor red team toward the end of the evening. I was hanging back at the enemy bridge. I saw a teammate come around and ink the wall at the bridge....there's a metal bar up there so you can't swim from the bridge side to the "backstage"" would have thought it impossible, except, isn't that the exact same exploit that caused Arowanna Mall to be pulled from rotation for almost a whole month last month?

Pperks

Inkling
NNID
Pperkins
The question is, can these hackers effect players abilities? Almost giving you a handicap? I played the other day with people using alt's and the ability to switch weapons during game play. I also feel like they where using their special and sub weapon continuously. At the moment I feel like I'm being handicapped. My gun doesn't ink very far, I'm moving super slow, and a single ink kills me. Not good for level 40!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The question is, can these hackers effect players abilities? Almost giving you a handicap? I played the other day with people using alt's and the ability to switch weapons during game play. I also feel like they where using their special and sub weapon continuously. At the moment I feel like I'm being handicapped. My gun doesn't ink very far, I'm moving super slow, and a single ink kills me. Not good for level 40!
I'm pretty sure the people who were using their sub/special continously just had gear abilities that made it so their specials charged up faster or saved ink when using their sub. And are you sure the players were switching weapons during a match? 'Cause that seems a little farfetched. Maybe two players had similar gear and only looked like someone was switching weapons.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
My little bro is totally convinced he's been up against a hacker: He fought against someone with an NZAP 89 who turned into a kraken, and after it ran out, used the ink strike. I'm a bit skeptical, since he was the only one who saw and might have misseen, but it seems possible to me.

Award

I'm pretty sure the people who were using their sub/special continously just had gear abilities that made it so their specials charged up faster or saved ink when using their sub. And are you sure the players were switching weapons during a match? 'Cause that seems a little farfetched. Maybe two players had similar gear and only looked like someone was switching weapons.
Based on some of the hacks and potential hacks out there, switching weapons wouldn't seem that far fetched EXCEPT the fact that I presume the game pre-loads the 8 weapon models in play during startup and is likely unable to load more. The fact that assets are fixed and WiiU has tight memory space makes me think it's probably not possible.

That said, the quick charging of specials, I've played matches where the spamming of specials seemed to be a little too frequent to be genuine, so that one I believe quite well. We're talking players who have little to no special charge up that seem to have bubbles/wails almost non-stop when I'm quite certain the amount of territory remaining that's even possible to turf would not charge it nearly that fast relative to the spc charge up. I've also seen carbon rollers and krakens that move WAY faster than my 1-2 swim speed up self, while wearing NO speed ups themselves. THOSE could be lag as well though.

Permanently nerfing another players gear though? That one doesn't seem possible. I doubt anything going on in a given lobby could affect the local attribute database, which is almost certainly read-only in the game data archive.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Based on some of the hacks and potential hacks out there, switching weapons wouldn't seem that far fetched EXCEPT the fact that I presume the game pre-loads the 8 weapon models in play during startup and is likely unable to load more. The fact that assets are fixed and WiiU has tight memory space makes me think it's probably not possible.

That said, the quick charging of specials, I've played matches where the spamming of specials seemed to be a little too frequent to be genuine, so that one I believe quite well. We're talking players who have little to no special charge up that seem to have bubbles/wails almost non-stop when I'm quite certain the amount of territory remaining that's even possible to turf would not charge it nearly that fast relative to the spc charge up. I've also seen carbon rollers and krakens that move WAY faster than my 1-2 swim speed up self, while wearing NO speed ups themselves. THOSE could be lag as well though.

Permanently nerfing another players gear though? That one doesn't seem possible. I doubt anything going on in a given lobby could affect the local attribute database, which is almost certainly read-only in the game data archive.
You have to remember that specials can also increase on their own in ranked matches based on the situation.

Award

You have to remember that specials can also increase on their own in ranked matches based on the situation.
Really? I never knew that. Under what situations? And how fast should they be charging? I don't mean Tenacity, Comeback, Last Ditch, etc. Though, I'm not familiar with how fast Tenacity works mainly because any time I try it it never seems fast enough for my liking :P Maybe that was involved, but whatever the case specials charging behaved like 3 main charge ups on players with NONE.

And the fast krakens/carbons....it was definitely broken, but whether it was hacks or lag, it's hard to say. Lag in this game can do weird things. But I know they weren't behaving normally (a no-swim-speed kraken shouldn't outrun a 1-2 swim speed player, let alone fly past them.)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Really? I never knew that. Under what situations? And how fast should they be charging? I don't mean Tenacity, Comeback, Last Ditch, etc. Though, I'm not familiar with how fast Tenacity works mainly because any time I try it it never seems fast enough for my liking :p Maybe that was involved, but whatever the case specials charging behaved like 3 main charge ups on players with NONE.
it's when you don't have the lead and/or when the enemy team is in control of zones, tower, rainmaker.

Award

it's when you don't have the lead and/or when the enemy team is in control of zones, tower, rainmaker.
VERY interesting....I've never heard of that before....and I've never noticed it before :) Apparently it's not all that much of a fast charge. So the team pushing always has an advantage and the team defending has a disadvantage.....that's.....kind of weird. You'd think it would be the other way around if anything, actually :)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
VERY interesting....I've never heard of that before....and I've never noticed it before :) Apparently it's not all that much of a fast charge. So the team pushing always has an advantage and the team defending has a disadvantage.....that's.....kind of weird. You'd think it would be the other way around if anything, actually :)
The team defending is getting their special charged.

Award

The team defending is getting their special charged.
I'm confused :confused: I THINK I get it now :)

But that said that's actually the opposite of the experiences I've seen. When I've seen the endless specials it's when the enemy team has the objective, though I don't recall if they had the lead or we did, and is making a heavy push for a knockout such as in that final hallway in Kelp Dome, and we're barely fending them off and/or splatting them endlessly but their chain superjumping keeps putting them right back in front of us as they inch the objective forward. After their usage of their last special and/or splattage their ability to fire off another special (bomb rush is the big one, wails as well....I haven't seen this with strikes or krakens yet...and it's not fair to consider bubblers since jr.s charge them too fast anyway.) We're talking players that never really left that hallway and had no ink to turf except what we were flinging at them. Which can certainly charge specials....but not THAT fast. I've only seen it a few times, but it stands out in my mind because it just felt very wrong....out of step with the usual rhythm of a push. I've also seen the carbons that can hit you from dynamo range...but that's as likely to be lag as a hack. But fast carbons with long range hits....it's worth making a mental note on since the "flash carbon" was a known hack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom