Halloween Splatfest

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Halloween, one of the most anticipated day's of the year only weeks away (along with a new Spatfest creeping up), Nintendo really has the opportunity to show us how far they will go with the Splatfest themes. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm truly hoping for a Halloween theme'd Splatfest, with the possibility of orange and black ink (maybe dark purple)? Assuming Nintendo does give us a Holiday theme'd Splatfest, what would you like to see?

Realistic expectations:

-Ghost's vs Zombies (What do you think is more scary)
-Trick r Treating vs Pumpkin Carving (How would you like to spend your Halloween)
-Chocolate vs Taffy (What candy do you overall prefer)
-Scary Movies vs Scary Video Games (How do you like to scare yourself the most)

Themes I would love to see personally, but I know won't happen:

-Freddy vs Jason (Who is the better Horror Icon)
-Gory movies vs Paranormal movies (What kinda Horror fan are you)
-Knives vs Chainsaws (Quiet, subtle weapon of choice vs Loud, and daunting weapon of choice)

Let's hear yours.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Zombies aren't scary, they are dumb if anything. I second Tricks vs Treats.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
They were scary in Scooby Doo on Zombie Island. That was way before Zombies were overused, though. They were used well in Paranorman but the unique twist helped them a lot.

akidas

Inkling
NNID
akidas
Trick or teat seems more likely if we were to get a splatfest theme

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
I would like to see any kind of monster splatfest or the normal Trick or Treat. But I would actually love to see what kind of candy Splatfest. I guess that would be like chocolates over... CANDY CORN.
Shhh, no one hates candy corn. ;^)
Whatever this Splatfest is gonna be, it better be Halloween related or I'm gonna be saltier than EVER!

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Not anymore anyway. It's namely due to the overabundance of Zombie Movies. We eventually got desensitized to the aspect of zombies and now we either love them or hate them. At least zombies still have quality to them, unlike vampires. Vampires have gone down hill ever since the Twilight movies. Twilight was the killing blow for that particular myth as far as being awesome in any way. I still like vampires, but only when they are portrayed right. The Helsing Ultimate anime is a good example of how Vampires should be portrayed. No sissy sparkling crap.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Not anymore anyway. It's namely due to the overabundance of Zombie Movies. We eventually got desensitized to the aspect of zombies and now we either love them or hate them. At least zombies still have quality to them, unlike vampires. Vampires have gone down hill ever since the Twilight movies. Twilight was the killing blow for that particular myth as far as being awesome in any way. I still like vampires, but only when they are portrayed right. The Helsing Ultimate anime is a good example of how Vampires should be portrayed. No sissy sparkling crap.
Don't forget the Hotel Transylvania movies further made vampires fall from grace.

I have a feeling Werewolves for sure will get popularity if this Splatfest exists due to them not being tarnished as much and people liking characters who would not even be considered werewolves in the strictest sense of the familiar lore such as Wolf Link from Twilight Princess as he can transform. There is then the character from Harry Potter (but I am not involved in the fandom and do not know his status in popularity in the fandom, how is it?) who is an actual werewolf.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
Don't forget the Hotel Transylvania movies further made vampires fall from grace.

I have a feeling Werewolves for sure will get popularity if this Splatfest exists due to them not being tarnished as much and people liking characters who would not even be considered werewolves in the strictest sense of the familiar lore such as Wolf Link from Twilight Princess as he can transform. There is then the character from Harry Potter (but I am not involved in the fandom and do not know his status in popularity in the fandom, how is it?) who is an actual werewolf.
Meh. Hotel Transylvania didn't really damage the vampire rep too much. The Twilight series still did the heaviest damage. I don't dought Werewolves are popular and still are. That's mostly because they don't get as bastardized and/or overused as much as zombies and vampires do. It's all about corporate marketing though and that's where it sucks a lot.

Anyway, I would enjoy a Scary Movies versus Scary Videogames splatfest~

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
I can write an essay on why Twilight Vampires are an abomination, but I think most people are on the same boat.

Far as Zombies go yes, we as a civilization have been force fed Zombies for too long and they have lost their charm in many ways. The genre needs to die so it can come back in the future strong again. Zombies were scary in the past, and Zombies can be scary now, don't let mainstream movies like world war Z fool you, when executed right Zombies are downright terrifying. The only scary Zombie movie made within the last decade that I consider horrifying would be REC.

F1r3tar

Inkling
NNID
F1r3tar
Ghosts vs zombies would be the best idea, because it seems like it would be the most equal in terms of popularity.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Ghosts vs zombies would be the best idea, because it seems like it would be the most equal in terms of popularity.
And a chance for Rottytops, best zombie girl ever, to be drawn in Miiverse posts.

Tricks vs Treats would also probably be more popular on the Treats side. I know I hate being on the end of a trick played on me and I suffered from being bullied in my childhood and probably most others will not want to be on Tricks side as well for that.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'd love a Ghosts vs. Zombies Splatfest, I feel like it's not too one-sided but still an interesting theme that goes with Halloween.

But honestly I'd be fine as long as it's Halloween themed. Halloween is on a Saturday this year, it's perfect for a Splatfest to go along with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom